Home with the Family...

Home with the Family...

A Chapter by Poetress

Exams started the week after for Reina and she was now five months pregnant. She felt happy, feeling like she had passed all her exams. "One more day left to go" Reina smiled. "Hi Reina" Riven Payne said as he approached her. Riven was a guy in Reina's class and kind of her guy best friend. He saw past her being thee Reina Cortes to the girl underneath. The happy, kind, fun, ever joking girl who was nice to hang out with. "Oh hey Riven" she replied. "What are you planning for the Christmas holidays?" he asked her. As if the cold started getting to her she pulled her coat closer. "Spending time with my family. You?" she asked. "Oh... I'll just be renting a hotel room. I don't have enough money to buy a plane ticket home" he told her. "I could pay for it" Reina offered. It was just like Reina, always wanting to help. He shook his head. "No, I'll just rent the hotel room" he replied. "That is not an option! Would you like to come and stay with my family?" she asked. Riven looked shocked. "I-if it would be alright" he told her. She hugged him and gave him a dazzling smile. "It's fine! The will be picking Carly and I up as soon as our last exam is finished tomorrow. Is that enough time to get your things ready?" I asked. "It's fine, Reina. Thank you" he hugged her one last time. She smiled at him. "I have to go, Riven. Gotta go study for those last two exams. Bye" she told him as she walked off. 

The next day after the last exam Carly hugged Reina. They were excited to go home for the holidays. They said Merry Christmas to everyone as they left. "Ah, Ms. Cortes. Merry Christmas" Charles, the chauffeur, told her. She hugged him. "Merry Christmas to you too, Charles" Reina told him. "This is my friend, Riven Payne" Reina introduced them. Riven said hello to the driver as he got in. 
Riven had expected a mansion of some sort but it was just another two story house. "We aren't going to my father's mansion because he doesn't celebrate Christmas so I usually stay here. I call this home" Reina told Riven. He smiled at her.
"Merry Christmas, hija!" Gertrude told her as she opened the door. "Merry Christmas" they all replied. "This is Riven, mama. I told you about him over the phone" Reina told Gertrude. "It's nice to meet- Gertrude immediately pulled Riven in for a hug. This was definitely home -Reina thought.
"Go put your things upstairs. I am making hot cocoa" Gertrude told them. They went upstairs and Reina showed Riven the guest room. "Thanks Reina" he hugged her. Riven was as tall as Demetrius, maybe Demetrius was a few inches taller though he was almost as perfectly built as Demetrius too but he still wasn't no Demetrius Vassaliadas. "You're welcome" Reina told him as she left him to unpack. 
The door bell rang. "I'll get it!" Reina said as she went downstairs. There standing on the porch was none other than her big brother, Lorenzo. She was secretly hoping it was Demetrius though. "Lorenzo!" she said as she threw her arms around him. The babies kicked as Reina hugged her older brother. Lorenzo had felt the solid kick too. "Wow" he breathed as he touched her abdomen. "They missed you too" Reina smiled. "I can see that. How were the exams?" he asked as he closed the door behind him. "Wonderful! College life is great! I just wish I could see you more!" Reina told him. "I have been busy, forgive me sister" he said as he kissed her hair. "Hey Reina. I was wondering if New York had any place where we could..." Riven paused when he saw the man hugging Reina. "Reina? Who is this?" Lorenzo asked. "He is a friend from school. He couldn't go home for the holidays and was going to stay in a hotel! On Christmas! I wouldn't have it so I told him he could stay here with us" Reina told him. Lorenzo Cortes -Riven thought. He was even more intimidating in person! "Nice to meet you. I am Riven Payne. You have a wonderful sister" Riven told her. "She is wonderful" Lorenzo agreed. "The hot cocoa is ready!" Gertrude shouted from the kitchen. "You go on ahead, Riven. Carly is already in the kitchen" Reina told Riven. He nodded and walked off into the kitchen. "A friend?" Lorenzo asked when Riven was out of earshot. Reina nodded. "You still love him, don't you?" Lorenzo asked referring to Demetrius. "More than you know but he had Cybil" Reina replied. "But he doesn't have a Reina" Lorenzo winked. "His loss" Reina told Lorenzo. "Definitely" Lorenzo replied. 
They were all having fun when the phone rang. "Hello?" Rain asked still laughing form something Riven had said. "Reina?" Demetrius said. The laughter abruptly stopped. "Hello Demetrius" Reina said, a little too formal for Demetrius's liking. "I was ah... calling for my mother" Demetrius told her. "I'll go get her" Reina told him. "Reina..." Demetrius sighed. "Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, Demetrius" Reina said as she set the phone down. She told Gertrude her son was calling.
Reina went back to sit between her brother and Riven. "This is nice" Riven said as he nudged Reina. "It is only going to get better! Tomorrow Carly and I are going to the mall to do a little Christmas shopping. You wanna come?" Reina asked. "Of course!" Riven told her. 


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress