Demetrius Finds Out

Demetrius Finds Out

A Chapter by Poetress

The next day Reina, Carly and Riven went to mall. They were having a great time until someone recognized Reina. Lorenzo had made sure all the magazines and newspapers were informed that no one was to take a picture of Reina while she was at college because if they did they would get sued for sure. The thing is they weren't at school! The paparazzi hounded Reina, taking pictures of her and her all too showing tummy. Riven and the bodyguards had blocked Reina as best as possible but the photographers still managed to get pictures of her. Riven held Reina by the waist and was looking down at her as they left and the photographers took a picture of that too.
"Thank God, we had finished shopping" Carly said. "Is it always like this?" Riven asked. Reina nodded. They had taken pictures of Reina pregnant! Well he was bound to find out sooner or later -Reina thought to herself. Then another thought came to her. Her father was going to kill her! They hadn't talked since she moved to live with Lorenzo but she knew her father wasn't the type to give up. She knew he still expected her to marry Malik but maybe when he sees tomorrow's paper he will think twice. Besides Malik isn't going to want to me if I am pregnant with another man's twins -Reina thought. She sat back in the car and looked out the window. 

"Pregnant?!" Demetrius shouted. Cybil who had seen the newspaper brought it to Demetrius. Finally he can see that, that little girl doesn't care about him. "The paper says, this guy holding her is the father" Cybil said happily. "They seem happy..." Demetrius said unable to take his eyes off Reina and the mysterious man holding her close to him. 
Why did he feel like someone ripped his heart out? He should be angry!  Really angry! She looked about four five months pregnant which means Lorenzo knew and didn't even tell him! Which means his parents knew and didn't tell him! Can you blame them? You broke Reina's heart -his conscience told him. "I am going to make a phone call" Demetrius said as he left the room.
Pregnant? His Reina? With another man's child?! She was suppose to have his children!. He was going to find out who that man is, track him down and beat the crap out of him for touching his Reina. "Hello?" Lorenzo answered. "You could have told me" Demetrius told him. "You saw the papers" Lorenzo replied. "I did! Why didn't anyone tell me?! Was I not important enough to share in the good news?" Demetrius asked. "You are marrying Cybil, Demetrius. Reina is no concern of yours" Lorenzo told him. "She is damn well my concern! Who is the man, Lorenzo> Is he the baby's father?" Demetrius asked unable to hold back. "That is no concern of yours Demetrius! This is my little sister we are talking about! The sweet girl who's heart you broke! You have no right to ask a question like that" Lorenzo told him. "I have to go" Demetrius said as he hung up. He hated that Lorenzo was right. 
"I am going over to my parent's house" Demetrius said as he grabbed his jacket. "I will come with you" Cybil said. "No... I am going alone" he told her as he left.
Demetrius drove to his parents' house, his heart was cut open and for the first time he realized that maybe this was how Reina had felt when she found out he was getting married to another woman. 
"Merry Christmas" Demetrius said when his mother opened the door. "She is in the living room at the fire place" Gertrude said.
He heard Reina laughing before he even saw her. When he did he stopped dead in his tracks. There sitting on the floor with her was the man in the picture. So it was his child, Reina was carrying -Demetrius thought. The man looked up and saw him. He instantly stood up. Reina followed suit. "Demetrius" she whispered. Nothing has changed -Reina thought when she saw him. He still did weird things to her insides when she looked at him. "Reina" he replied. "Is this him?" Riven asked. Reina nodded unable to speak. Her legs were going to give out, her heart was beating so loud she could hear it and what made it worst, the babies were kicking. It was too much. She grabbed Riven's sleeve to keep upright. "I want a minute with you" Demetrius told Reina. She shook her head. "Please" Demetrius said. "Hear him out, Reina" Riven told her. She nodded and walked towards Demetrius. 
"I'm here if you need me" Riven told her.
"So how far along are you?" Demetrius asked as they went into the backyard which was covered with snow. "Five months" Reina replied. "Reina... I- "No need to explain anything to me, Demetrius" Reina said feeling cold. She hadn't grabbed her jacket. Demetrius realized she was cold and hugged her. She stiffened and pulled away. If his heart could break any further, she had locked him out of her life. She just stared at the trees as if she was in deep thought.  "I'm having twins..." she whispered. His heart swelled. Not your children -his conscience told him. "Can't say I am happy about this Reina" Demetrius told her. She looked up at him. "I didn't ask you to be happy for me. I am happy for you though, Demetrius. You are getting married and a baby on the way. Congratulations" she said not even smiling. He reached out for her but she stepped back. "Did you enjoy making a fool out of me?" Reina asked, her voice cracked. "What do you mean, sweetheart?" he asked. "Don't... don't call me your sweetheart. You- you took my innocence, Demetrius... I loved- she stiffened and turned away from him. "It doesn't matter now. Have a happy marriage, Demetrius" Reina told him as she walked off. "Do you love him?" Demetrius asked. She turned to look at him. "The babies' father, do you love him?" he asked. She looked him in the eyes. "I do. So much it hurts" Reina said as she walked away. Demetrius stood there and watched her leave. His Reina, precious Reina in another man's arms. You are the one who made her end up there. You just lost the person you loved the most -His conscience told him. Demetrius was a tough man and nothing could make him cry... nothing except Reina. He felt himself coming to tears. He went back into the house. "Where is she?" Demetrius asked Riven.  He looked up from the tv. "She went to her room. She said she wanted to be alone" Riven told him. Demetrius was heading for the stairs when Carly came and blocked his way. "Leave her be, Demetrius. Haven't you hurt he enough? I am not a doctor and it doesn't take one to know that the more you are around the more Reina wants to cry and that isn't good for the babies, Demetrius" Carly told him. "Please, Carly. Can't you see that I am in love with your best friend?" Demetrius said. Carly gasped but she didn't move out of the way. She recovered from her shock. "That remains to be unseen" Carly replied. Demetrius cursed and lifted Carly out of his way. Setting her down behind him. He ran up the staircase. He looked the door when he entered then he turned to look at Reina. She was sitting cross legged caressing her tummy. It was the most beautiful sight Demetrius had ever seen! All Cybil did was complain about how much exercise she was going to have to do to get rid of the weight she puts on during the pregnancy. 


© 2012 Poetress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on October 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012


Author

Poetress
Poetress

Miami, FL



About
Let's just say, I enjoy reading and writing. It's my passion. I don't know if what I write is any good but I find pleasure in writing. I like playing tennis sometimes too. Not really much to tell. Mus.. more..

Writing
Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Poetress


And So It Begins And So It Begins

A Chapter by Poetress