Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Reaper

"Ask me that tomorrow when you see everything okay?" I said as I got up and walked over to her. Giving her a hug, I smile. "Ill be busy tomorrow with stuff IRL so I might not be on till late."
She looks a little sad. "Alright."
"Hmm.." I chuckle. "Klein and his friends will do crowd control .... " I bust out laughing.
"What?" She asked?
"Specter will be doing first shift inside."
"You meet some of the strangest people."
"Tell me about it." I smiled.
As the guy left and then I did she logged out I left for the gate. I had to do something first before logging out. I went to floor 50 the current floor we were clearing. I knew all about Yui and how she ended up staying with Kirito and Asuna. I just wish I could get something to help protect Lizbeth. I knew I couldn't always be there for her.
"Why am I so weak?" I hit a tree with a fist as a tear runs down my cheek. "Why can't I be like Kirito and Asuna? Why am so cursed?"
"Be not sad warrior for you are strong."
"Who said that? Come out and face me!"
A girl around seventeen walked around the tree. "Be at ease. I mean no harm. I ask a favor."
"You and everyone else. What do you need kid?" I ask.

"There is an event soon. I need the item from the event. If you are stong enoung to get the item then I can help! you with your problems."
"What event?"
"Strongest swordsman"
I sigh. "Very well."
"Thank you." She bows formally and then leaves.
"What have I gotten myself into?" I sigh as I head for town to log out.

The next day a woman showed up at my house bright and early. She asked to see me and I allowed her in. I didn't quite catch her name, but she said she was from a rehab facility and she was sent by a friend of Kirito's. She then asked why I was in a wheelchair. I explained what happened and proceeded to tell her how I ended in SAO and gave up on the crutches but now I want to use them before the weekend for something special.
"Is it a girl?" She asked. I went beet red. "I guess that answers that question, now doesn't it?" She smiled. "She's a very lucky girl to have a guy like you. Your very handsome."
I gulped. "You said you were with a rehab?"
"Yep. I'm here to help you walk again. I even helped Kirito. Walk again when he woke up."
"Wow. I didn't know that. Not many people do. So kiddo, where's your crutches at?"
"In my room. There's plenty of room in there to work if you'd like or we can move things out here."
"Lets take a look."
After looking, she decided the living room was better. It had more room as long as we pushed the furniture against the wall. Once they got everything moved, there was a lot of space that even if I fell I wouldn't hit anything. That may have been why they got me this house. I legally owned it and with the beta testing I did, I got paid enough to have people come in and do repairs and other things.
"There's so much space." I stated.
"Yea its no wonder we never use it." Marie said.
"Can we get started? I'm a little anxious here. I know I'm gonna do bad and wanna give up."
"You won't." The nurse said.
"Why's that?" I asked.
"Because you have determination for a certain girl you like." She smiled warmly. "Ahh to be young. I wish I had a young man who would wait on me." She sighs.
I was in the process of getting out of my wheelchair when she said that and I stopped dead. "Wait. Your single?"
"Why do you look so surprised?"
"Your young yourself and your very attractive so why arnt guys asking you out to dinner?"
"Must be because I'm a rehab girl and not a nurse." She ruefuly smiled as she finished helping me up. "Anyways, I work a lot of hours as it is." She fits the crutches to me better so its more comfortable for me.

"Wow. That's amazing."
"When its at the right settings you can get a lot more done and its a lot easier on the body. Go ahead and try."
I gave a try and nearly fell. "Its been too long." I growled." But I looked up. Then I remembered Lizbeth's words. "But I wont let this defeat me." I stated. I keept trying even pushing past my limit. When I finally did fall sweating profusely, the nurse was finally able to take the crutches away. Breathing heavily, I reached up smiling. "Lizbeth, I hope you will smile." Tears run down my face as I pass out.

When I wake up, I'm a bit groggy but there's someone by me on my bed. "Gee, thought you'd never wake up." Kirito chuckled.
"So Natsuki tells me you over did it in therepy today."
I sit up streching my slightly sore body. "I guess I did. What time is it?"
"Nearly 3:00 pm." He replied. "Did you still want to go out?"
"Yea. I need to get this present for her."
Kirito chuckled. "Yea. I guess your right. We only have three more days. Alright. Lets get you dressed and get going."
"Dressed? I was dressed earlier for therapy."
Kirito laughed. "Keyword is was my friend. Natsuki gave you a sponge bath after you passed out. Don't worry. From what Marie said she kept a close eye on things and she didn't do anything. Natsuki may be lonely but she is very professional about her job. When I had to do my GGO gig she was there monitoring me. Here, try these on." He handed me a jacket with scythes crossed on the back. "Figured you'd like it. Consider it a late christmas present." He got up and left the room.
I grabbed my clothes and got dressed as quickly as I could. After putting on the jacket I got into the wheelchair and went out to meet Kirito. "I'm ready as I'll ever be." I stated. I looked up and seen Suguha and another guy who looked like a limo driver. "Who's this?" I asked.
"Well, since you can't ride on a bike and a train would be too difficult I figured a little help was in order." Kirito smiled.
"You got me a taxi with handicap capabilities didn't you?" I glared.
"No he didn't. He couldn't afford something that expensive." Came another female voice.
I tried to turn but was stopped. "Nope. No peeking. Guess who." She giggled.
I thought for a moment before speaking. "Well, it can't be Lizbeth because were doing this for her, Silica mabey, but I doubt it. Has to be Asuna."
She laughed. "Yea. So your the mighty Red Sword Reaper. It is a pleasure to finally meet you."
"As its an honor to meet the legendary lightning flash Asuna." I chuckle. "So what brings you here?"
"First, I'm the one who planned the party, second, Kirito asked for help with a ride, and third, I know what to get her. Good enough?"
"Good enough." I stated. "But your buying dinner after that long speech." I smirked.


© 2015 Reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on November 14, 2015
Last Updated on November 14, 2015
Tags: Sword art Online, Fan Fiction


Author

Reaper
Reaper

About
I'm a slow writer and I write mostly fan fiction but I write what I can. I may not spell good or have very bad grammer, but the storys there. more..

Writing
SAO Future SAO Future

A Book by Reaper


Chapter 01 Chapter 01

A Chapter by Reaper


Chapter 02 Chapter 02

A Chapter by Reaper