Immortal

Immortal

A Story by Theo
"

Upon the moment time travel is invented, the inventor is transported back in time to the early years of an emerging sentient race.

"
WIP
---
A switch clicked into place.
A rift burst open, a swirling purple cloudy chasm in the middle of the small lab. 
The last thing a human heard was the sound of the rift's powerful wind whipping through the small room and breaking computers and models across the waxed lab tile.
The man that hit the switch was alone somewhere. His brain felt like it was made of cotton, and it took all of his energy to be able to focus on anything at all. The device must have worked, but he couldn't move. He wasn't sure if he was in the dark, or if he couldn't open his eyes. At this time he realized that he couldn't actually move or even feel any part of himself. He realized he couldn't even tell which way down was. 
A small sensation entered some deep corner of his brain, and from there a weak message approached.
Another cycle is over. Now, it is your turn. Guide them.
The scientist was in a forest. The trees were not familiar to him. Where it always begins.
He saw something move some distance away, but he couldn't tell what it was. Your children.
Wait. Looking around, the scientist didn't see anything that could explain that dark place he was just in. There were no caves in sight, and he was pretty sure his eyes weren't just closed. Did the time machine really work? Had he gone into the past? Or was this the future? He looked down at himself. He was still wearing his clothes from earlier, and he didn't seem to have any injuries. He felt fine. 
---

© 2018 Theo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on May 1, 2018
Last Updated on May 1, 2018
Tags: time travel, origin story, isolation

Author

Theo
Theo

IL



Writing
To Struggle To Struggle

A Poem by Theo


Foggy Foggy

A Poem by Theo