[untitled]

[untitled]

A Chapter by rebeca newman

 

Laura Larson was born March 9th 1979, weighning only 3 pounds. She was 6-8 weeks early depending on what doctor you listen too. She was born at Long Island Jewish Hospital in Queens NY. Her parents kevin and karen larson had gone through a tough battle just to have her. Karen had suffered several miscarriages  before she had become pregnant with Laura. Karen had a medical condition called Neurofibromatosis. She had gotten diagnosed with it when she was in her early to late 20's. She and Kevin had gone to several doctors before they decided to try to have children. They had even consulated a genetic doctor. The doctor told them that there was a 50/50 percent chance that any child/children that they had together could have the condition. When karen had become pregnant with laura, she had started to suffer from very bad migraine headaches. She was put on medication that made laura's lung over develop which in the long run saved her actually. Laura was delivered through c-section due to the fact that her mom had severe migraine headaches while she was pregnant. Laura's mom didn't even see laura when she was born. Her father was the first person to see her. Laura had red hair but that had to be shaved off, so that there could be a needle put in her head so that she could be fed.Karen didn't get to see her daughter till a few days after she was born. The doctors told both karen and kevin that laura was very lucky because if  they had waited any longer than, laura would  have been born still born. The doctors had prepared both karen and kevin not to get that attached to laura. Laura though was a fighter. The day that Laura was born. Both sets of grandparents were there, her mom's best friend  were there waiting. Her father's parents had driven down from albany new york, her mom's parents had driven in from freeport long island to be there for the birth of their grand-daughter.Karen's best friend Kara whitemore had come from east meadow long island to be there as well. When karen had come out of the surgery after having the c-section though, it took kevin almost an hour and a half to find out how his wife and daughter were doing, since the doctor who had done the c-section had proceeded to leave the hospital. It wasn't till kevin inquired at the front desk to ask how his wife and daughter were that the doctor came down and talked to him and the rest of the family. Her father's parents had both since retired. Laura would be the second grand-daughter for them. Her mother's parents had also since retired from their jobs. Her maternal grandfather had been a marine and had also worked for Alstate  insurance agency. Her maternal grandmother had worked for newsday which was a local newspaper. Karen's father was not around for most of her childhood due to the fact that he was in the military. Laura's maternal grandparents were thrilled to have a grandchild. 
Her parents were able to take Laura home a few days later, she couldn't drink regular milk,so she was given coconut milk to drink. From the time that Laura was born though, she had a rough childhood. She was in the hospital for weeks at a time for being sick.
Laura's father was a lawyer at the time of her birth. Her father would come home at night and give laura her night time bottle.
More to come later


© 2008 rebeca newman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. o_o
Very creative story.
Making this all up in your head must be hard. x_x;


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 21, 2008


Author

rebeca newman
rebeca newman

frankfort, NY



About
I am 29 years old. I am in the process of trying to write a book. I enjoy writing,reading,working and designing websites more..

Writing