The line of light

The line of light

A Story by Rebecca Dias
"

my first published writing on this website. Just a heads-up I have english as my second language, excuse any grammar errors, wrong punctuation or poor vocabulary. Thank you.

"
She sits in the corner of a dark room so no one can see her tears falling down through her cheeks. That salty water are as light and slow as the the drops of rain on the windshield of a car. The sun already made its way to the other side of the earth and that is why the ambience is so depressing. 
Then, she stops thinking so much and realizes, that in a gasp, she knows she's not afraid of the dark. The scariest element in that dark room was the sound of silence. ''Does the silence have a sound?'' you ask. '''Silence is a sound'' I answer. 
The door creeks. It was just the wind. Although, she just stays in that corner. There is absolutely no motivation to get up. She simply stays there. Still and invisible. Just like she believes it's supposed to be. But the thought of that line of light entering the room was uncomfortable. But still, there's no motivation to get up. There is no way to stop that light from invading the room and spoiling the dark shadows. 
She closed her dark and wet eyes. The underneath skin is baggy from crying. And as she closes her eyes, that salty water accumulated on the corners of her pupils goes down like a waterfall. The tears that were once hurting her soul now invade the real world. This lonely but crowded world we call amazing. Now it's all dark. She can make her own world now. She can hear laughs that are not real. She can see the screams and smell the colors that to other people do not exist. In a second, that salty taste of tears on her lips is no longer a pleasure.

© 2013 Rebecca Dias


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
Added on March 6, 2013
Last Updated on March 6, 2013
Tags: depression, girl, teen, dark, tears, room, silent, water, door, first, cry, crying, why, mental

Author

Rebecca Dias
Rebecca Dias

Brazil



About
Hi! I'm new here! I'm 15 years old. Just a heads-up I have english as my second language, excuse any grammar errors, wrong punctuation or poor vocabulary. I'd love reviews to improve my writing. Than.. more..

Writing