Crucifixus

Crucifixus

A Poem by recklessfunk
"

This is actually considered a "drabble" as it's exactly 100 words long, but I put it under the "poem" category as it's not an actual story, either.

"
She wanted to take a knife to her thighs and stab hard enough that all the blood would gush out. 
She imagined her thighs deflating then, leaving nothing but bone. 
Extreme thinness. 

She wanted to rip the skin off her legs and peel away like they were nothing but onions. 

She was so frustrated with her "thunder thighs" that she wanted to just scratch and punch at them until they wore away or bruised. 
Or both.

She hated wearing jeans that didn't fit her anymore.

She would tear her hair in frustration.

She would always loathe herself, no matter what. 

© 2010 recklessfunk


Author's Note

recklessfunk
Before you ask, no, I do not/did not have an eating disorder. I just really dislike my body type, as most girls do.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i really identify with this. it describes a feeling that we all get sometimes. i wish nobody would feel it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this! It shows hwo most girls feel about there body in a way that for the most part ever one can understand. GREAT write. (:

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ouch! Definitely provokes a emotional response from the reader and gives a realistic portrayal of a tormented person and the disorder that haunts them.

Posted 13 Years Ago


also happens with alcohol withdrawal sometimes :X
but ... every girl has her moments, even the boys.
don't hurt yourself too much doll!

Posted 13 Years Ago


In some ways it would help but aparantly in the job world for women you get paid more being at the right weight but for men its the other way around. But nice job. and it is kinda sad. You should always love yourself for who you are.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sad. I think that people should just start excersicing more. It would help with being "fat" and "overwieght".

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 25, 2010
Last Updated on September 25, 2010
Tags: crucifixus, drabble, eating, disorder, anorexia, bulimia, fat, self-esteem

Author

recklessfunk
recklessfunk

New York, NY



About
Hey everyone! My name is Gabby. My dream is to be an author, but seeing as it's difficult to be just a full-time author these days I plan to work on being an editor at a publishing company such as Sim.. more..

Writing
1 of 2 1 of 2

A Chapter by recklessfunk