Done...

Done...

A Poem by redflutterby
"

...

"
Dreams are for the dreamers
Writing is for the writers
Poems are for the poets
Art is for the artists
....but for me
I am none of these
...anymore

But then I never claimed to be...

© 2014 redflutterby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Are you are the artful dodger but you'll come back to who you are. You are all these things and so much more. If you should claim such things we would be off put by such hubris no matter how well deserved. Your steps are soft and you dance through the beauty you create.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You are indeed a poet Red.Your words and poems speak for themselves.Sometimes life does manage to beat us into submission for a time but it does get better eventually.A very honest write my friend :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


redflutterby

9 Years Ago

Beaten into submission is an apt phrase Vidya...thanks for reading. I'm hoping for the getting bette.. read more
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

That's all we can do .Take it one day at a time and it has to get better my dear :)
Oh, but you are a poet, Red....believe me when I tell you that. Besides, Art is for everyone and poetry is an art. The fact you can express your emotions in this way is very special. Never think you are not good enough....because you are more than good enough. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

Thank you Lydia...sometimes we need to step back and decide where we are going and if its worth it.
dear red! i hope this is a poem and not your declaration!!! i have very much enjoyed your poems ..we do tend to categorize ourselves and others but my immediate thought upon reading your poem is that hey!!! we are all of them .. keep on fluttering red! butterfly wings are such a good thing!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

I wish I could say its just a poem...and my wings are broken right now. Thank you for enjoying my po.. read more
I know I've had my share of days like this. But you MUST believe in yourself, for its all we've got to hold onto in this crazy life! Hang in there, Red!

Kelly

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

Thank you Kelly.
Done for the day, perhaps? Or a week, or month, or longer? Maybe for awhile, but I believe once you "have it", or rather, once "it has you", you will be back to it. And you, indeed, "Have It" ! And I, for one, prefer humility to someone beating their own drum any day!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

I guess how long is to be seen. Humility and honesty are good traits in my book. Thank you Mark.
You're a good writer and I like your humble voice in this poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

Thank you A...youre a good writer as well.
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome and thank you for your kind words.
This was a devastating read for me my friend...dreaming isn't easy when things aren't going well, but you are a writer, you are a poet, and you are an artist...regardless of what you may think, and as tough as things may be for you right now. you will always be all of those things...you were born to write, and that realization will return to you in time...it can't be denied, and I won't let you deny it...the sad reality of art is that most of us are sad, but it defines us ultimately, and art defines you...you may never claim to be, but you have a lot of friends who know better, and will be here to remind you of that at every opportunity...don't give up my friend...you're too beautiful a person to give in this easily....

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

It wasnt my attention to devastate you. Just expressing how I feel. This isnt about sadness...but wh.. read more
kublakhan27

9 Years Ago

I know it wasn't your intention but you are my friend and I'm inevitably going to be sad when I read.. read more
you may deny it because of how you feel at the moment...but i see you as an artful poet...and poets are writers with dreams....

so you are all of these.

and never claiming to be? that is where we see the humility that attracts us to certain poets.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob...and you are one of the most humble poets I know.
This is a great poem but an awful one if you think the author is feeling this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

redflutterby

9 Years Ago

I guess poems can be both great and awful then. Thanks KL.
Lyn Anderson

9 Years Ago

Yes the verbiage is superb the thought of losing you is not.
or are you all of these things, claims are only proclamations, the truth is what you do not have to proclaim

Posted 9 Years Ago


redflutterby

9 Years Ago

Very wise Cory...and what we proclaim the loudest is often exactly what we aren't.
I really d.. read more
Cory Barrett

9 Years Ago

you should be proud!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1379 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 17, 2014
Last Updated on August 17, 2014

Author

redflutterby
redflutterby

VA



About
"Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.~J.K. Rowling" "It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


If You... If You...

A Poem by s y e