Little Acorn and the Pines (Children's book)

Little Acorn and the Pines (Children's book)

A Story by Westminster Abbey
"

Little Acorn learns that family is the most important thing of all.

"
There was was an acorn. His name was Little Acorn. Little Acorn wanted to be a Pine. 'The Pines are so cool,' thought Little Acorn. One day he went over to the Pines. "Can I be part of your group?" Little Acorn asked. Big Pine, the leader of the Pines, had an idea. "Sure," said Big Pine. Little Acorn was happy. "But first," said Big Pine, "you must make our beds." Little Acorn was confused. 'Why has Big Pine told me to do this?' Little Acorn thought. 'Oh well, anything to become a Pine.' So Little Acorn made the beds of all the Pines. When he was done Little Acorn went up to Big Pine. "Can I be a Pine now?" Little Acorn asked. "You may become a Pine after you clean our rooms," said Big Pine. So Little Acorn cleaned all the rooms. When he was done, Little Acorn went up to Big Pine. "Why are you having me do your work?" Little Acorn asked. "Because," said Big Pine. "Since there's no way we will ever let you become a Pine, you might as well be of use to us." Little Acorn was surprised. He had not expected this. He had thought that he would be a Pine. Little Acorn was sad as he walked home. Little Acorn's family was waiting for him when he got home. "We missed you," said Mama Acorn. "Where were you?" Papa Acorn asked. Little Acorn realized that becoming a Pine didn't matter to him as long as he had family.

© 2012 Westminster Abbey


Author's Note

Westminster Abbey
My first Children's book. Imagine someone reading it to four-year-olds.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, when he's a big majestic oak won't those pines cry and pine? They'll get all sappy! And squirrels with come to play in his branches and sweethearts will build a swing from his limbs and children will make a treehouse among his branches and nobody will want that nasty resin all over them! So take that you pines! lol

Posted 11 Years Ago


kids would love it...Imagination is what they thrive upon..that and the mystery of life...This could be extended I think..after all an acorn will grow into one of the greatest trees of all......The Mighty OAK

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 18, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012
Tags: little, acorn, and, the, pines, childrens, book, children's, family, big, papa, mama

Author

Westminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey

Wishing I could get out, OK



About
123Friendster.com - More Be Yourself Comments My name is Abbey, that's with an 'e,' like Abbey Road or Downton Abbey. Basically the British spelling. I'm closer to a fangirl than to a nerd. I am .. more..

Writing