All That Glitters is Not Gary

All That Glitters is Not Gary

A Chapter by Trobe
"

Hodriges trudges on to Nevada, where Gary Lendon and his husband own a popular and lively nightclub.

"

Gary Lendon lived in Drego, Nevada, but he spent most of his time in Las Vegas. He and his husband Anthony own the Glittering Chandelier, one of the premier nightclubs in Vegas. Partiers know that when they see the bright pink letters outside and enter through the gilded revolving door, they were in for a legendary night.

Although Anthony made himself scarce when the house filled up, Gary was a regular party animal. When someone won a jackpot, Gary was extremely excited for them. If the partygoers heard an excited, high-pitched squeal, they know someone was about to be rich. Gary could always be found because he dressed rather flamboyantly in bright colors all the time. His regulars wanted to bring him gifts, but they decided not to because they were always losing money and Gary was f*****g rich.

Every once-in-a-while, Gary would join in some of the games. His favorite game was poker, but he never played because people knew he was too nice to say no and always asked him what cards he had. At least Gary had reservoirs of cash to spare, unlike Tommy who was a complete idiot and ended up living in a box outside the casino. Gary kept trying to shoo him away, but he didn’t have the heart. Eventually, Tommy left when he saw Anthony rapidly approaching and brandishing a baseball bat.

The Glittering Chandelier saw rising success during election season because people needed an escape from the political shitstorm that seemed to engulf their daily lives. Gary installed a few extra slot machines and raked in the dough. He threw a humongous, extravagant party to celebrate the fact that he and Anthony became billionaires. He bought everyone drinks because he didn’t give a damn and ended up spending almost $10 thousand on that alone.

Gary decided to take a day off and leave Anthony in charge because he was jaded from all the constant drinking, partying, and gaming. Upon announcing that he would be leaving for a little while, Gary was given a proper goodbye. On his way out he was hugged a lot and slapped on the a*s even more. He couldn’t keep the smile off his face as he drove through Las Vegas with festive lights on every building.

He reached his home in Drego at around 1:00 AM and crashed on the couch in front of the popular television show “How Did These People Get On TV?”

He woke up at 8:30 in the morning and went up to his bedroom to retrieve his flashy pink bathrobe. As he opened the closet, he found Hodriges standing in front of his clothes. “Umm...excuse me, sir,” exclaimed Gary, “Who do you think you are, ugly freak?”. Gary’s snide inquisition was answered with a slap across the face. “Hey! Do you know who I am?! Gary replied angrily, hitting Hodriges squarely on the nose. Hodriges stumbled backwards into the back wall of the closet and narrowed his eyebrows. He leapt back at Gary, catching him in the neck with one of his spikes. Gary fell down and Hodriges kept slapping.

A few minutes went by until Gary stopped being alive. Hodriges took Gary’s breakfast omelette out of the microwave and thoroughly enjoyed it. Gary was found later that day and the cause of death was never determined, but the FBI was growing suspicious. Still undiscovered, Hodriges left the house and continued his journey.



© 2016 Trobe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on August 9, 2016
Last Updated on August 9, 2016
Tags: gary lendon, hodriges, nevada, nightclub, short story


Author

Trobe
Trobe

About
Trobe is neither my real name nor my sexual identity. more..

Writing
Haikus Haikus

A Poem by Trobe


Ashtray Ashtray

A Poem by Trobe