An Unfriendly Visit

An Unfriendly Visit

A Chapter by Regular Sama
"

Edgar has a heated fight with unwanted guests

"

Chapter 3: An Unfriendly Visit

The next day Rose got her paycheck: around 5 crowns for dealing with those low level thugs. Things turned out to be harder than expected, but the barman didn't wanted to pay us more than what he had already established for the job. Regardless, having 100 caps to spend on whatever you want sure is nice, considering how mildly easy and exciting the job was.

Since it's Saturday no school for us, so we decide to go have fun around town. Before you can leave though your father comes home grumpy for having to work all night long.

- 'Morning dad. �" You greet him.

- Sup kid. I'm starving and super tired right now, so don't bother me. �" He replies while yawning.

- Your sandwich is on your room with mom, so just ask her. �" You let him know before leaving. Mom is still asleep since there wasn't anything for her to do with the house right now, and Diane still was with her friends doing their little slumber party thing, leaving you open to do whatever you wanted for the day.

- Going somewhere? �" To think you would leave father's sight so easily was foolish. He gestures a hug, but he actually goes for a bear hug packed with some extra weight on his arms. �" I actually know about your little errand with those thugs, and I must say I'm impressed. But you should have told me you would do something stupid like that. Any reason why I should let you go? �" His smirk smug never leaving his face while speaking.

- Because... I have something for you �" You let a disappointed sigh go while giving him 30 caps. �" I did that mostly to get the reward, so you can have some. But that's between you and me! �" You make sure to warn him not to tell mom about what you did. You should have knew better than to think he wouldn't somehow figure it out. He has friends all over the city to make sure you and Diane stay on the line.

- Have fun knuckehead, and don't get in trouble again! �" He says before knocking my head. It hurts, but you just leave as soon as the chance is open.

While walking around you think about what can you do with your newfound 70 caps. You could just buy food, or have a nice gadget like a new piece for your pc.

While walking you hear a man screaming while crashing a window and falling from a tall building. You don't think twice before going for the rescue. To avoid any real damage you jump and catch him in your arms midair. He seems to be a man in his 40s, slim like you, nerdy like Bastion and way more pathetic looking. It feels like even Natasha could deal with him if she wanted. As you land and lay him next to you notice him further.

A man that seemed to be in his 40s wearing a black suit with his hair combed the same way as your father’s, but not as good looking. You ignore him and start walking away, not caring at all about why that happened.

- Hey kid, who asked for your help! �" The man suddenly shouts at you, extremely angry at something. You save his life and that's how he thanks you? That makes you pop a vein, but you quickly let go of it as you turn around to see what this is about.

- No one, and you're welcome. Next time though I'll let your blood tint the sidewalk, how about that? �" You're not having any of his nonsense so you just scold him and prepare to leave, before being suddenly stuck on the spot. Your feet are being held on their spots by nothing. �" Telekinesis? Not impressed. �" You say before power walking your way out of his mental grip. �" Do it again and I'll sink your glass into your skull you ungrateful swine! �" You threaten him while fisting the air.

- I... I'm not scared of you! Come back here you little... �" He tries to throw random garbage at you with his telekinesis, but that only seals his fate. �" Wh... What? �" He questions his eyesight while seeing you move at inhuman speeds.

- I told you so... �" That's the last thing he hears before having his glasses shattered into pieces while being knocked out cold with a straight into his face. As you clap your hands in a "let-me-take-this-dust-off" way you prepare to leave, when a woman comes out of the front door of the building the man came from, terrified at the sight of him laying down on the floor.

 She was around her 30s and had a long blonde hair, soft makeup and a white dress with a black flower resting on her shoulder makes her look more like a professional model than a normal human being.

- Who did this? I demand to know! �" She, who looks to be on her 30s, looks around before spotting you, then your hand, then figuring out what have happened. Before she can say another word you just let her know.

- I saved his life and he demanded to know why I did it for some reason. I told him to forget it and go take care of his life, but he had to play tough guy and do something stupid, so I taught him his lesson: Don't underestimate me. �" You turn around to leave but something bumps your head. A rock. They are siblings, of course they are.

- Listen here you brat! I don't care what happened, I'm calling the cops on you! �" She says while holding her phone, ready to dial 911, but you don't give her a chance by snatching it from her hands. �" H- Hey!

- Go on, call the cops. I'll tell them that I defended myself from a man who tried to attack me with garbage, AFTER saving his life mind you, and that his sister did the same thing. I'm a minor by the way, so there's that stacked against you. And there's at least 15 witnesses here right now. �" You mock her unability to do anything as you hand her phone back. �" I don't know why he fell from there, but I don't care either. Give him proper caring and he should be fine. �" You wave the back of your hand as you finally leave the area, people looking at you with a variety of feelings, such as respect, fear and disgust. You just go to the hideout while ignoring them.

Everyone is gathered in a circle, waiting for you. That sudden fight took you longer than you wanted. �" I can explain...

- ...Not that we care. �" Derick ignores your presence, as usual. �" We're planning on where we should go and how much we should spend with what.

- How about Chiefinos? They're the most versatile place when it comes to food, so we don't have to go to more places to check on what we want? �" Natasha suggests. Everyone agrees, which makes her blush a little. �" Oh... You actually took my idea. Cool...

- 25 caps from each of us will give us a delicious varied feast. �" You give your opinion. �" What about now, what we'll do until then?

- We could drop by RetroMania. They're one of the few places with arcades in town nowadays. �" Bastion suggest. Rose shrugs it since she isn't into old school games.

- So long as we go now. We could even have some fun around the park, or buy something new for the hideout. �" She suggests, opening an argument as to what it should be. You suggest everyone to discuss it at RetroMania so you don't waste time.

At the retro games store you all pick different games and go enjoy yourselves. Time goes by and lunch time comes, so you leave RetroMania and go to Chiefinos, the most notorious restaurant franchise of West Region. Once you get there some people come from nowhere to block your way, but they are actually after you. Your little scandal from earlier didn't went as unnoticed as you wanted it to, since they seem to be reporters.

- Was it you who really saved Takeshi? �" One person asks.

- Do you think it was a good idea to behave that way around his sister? �" Another one flies by

- What will you do about his request? �" Request? What request? After answering some of their questions you make one yourself.

- He wants you to fight his henchmen after what you did to his dignity, so he can put your arrogance to the test. Will you take it? �" A female reporter asks.

- Hell no! I don't want to have anything to do with that jackass. Besides, I already proved a point earlier today, so I don't have to do it again. Now excuse us. We want to have some quality time together and you're not invited. �" You shoo them away before going in Chiefinos. You wonder how they knew you would be here, maybe it was just a coincidence...

All of you split your cash evenly: 25 from each, 125 caps total for lunch.

- So? What do you want? I'll go with anything as long as it fills my belly. �" You just let them decide, while secretly wanting Double Wag's special sauce chicken sandwich.

- In that case we'll have Chiefino's finest pizza! �" Derick wastes no time in choosing his favorite for everyone.

- I'd rather have something that we don't already eat back at the hideout almost everyday we're there. We could have Yakisoba... �" Bastion gives his suggestion before being pushed around by Derick.

- I don't think so. That thing is horrible!

- So we could just have a round or two of Infront's Eat-It-All. �" Rose's mouth gets a little watery form the thought. Really you would probably only be able to purchase one round if sodas we're included, but your eyes don't leave Double Wag's stand. You don't realize Natasha staring at you, and to where you're looking at, when she suggests.

- What about Double Wag's sandwiches? I really like them! �" That catches you off guard. Why did she chose that if she likes hamburguers a lot more than conventional sandwiches?

- Well... I mean, they sure have a lot of variety when you stop to think about it. �" Bastion thinks a bit before agreeing with her.

- I hope they have pizza-flavored sandwiches... �" Derick grunts internally.

- Then I'll have their Fireball Special! �" Rose's mouth watering gets nearly visible after thinking about having the spicy meatballs sandwich they came up with recently. �" I head they're delicious...

- That's on you. Spicy food isn't my style, so I'll go for one of their Old Style Classics. �" Bastion makes up his mind on his order.

- ...If we're going to order from them, might as well ask for them to add extra ketchup. �" Derick shrugs something off while grunting.

- So... I guess I'll have... �" Natasha can't come up with anything, so she looks up to you. �" What do you suggest Edgar?

- I'll have their Eastern-Themed Special. Teriyaki chicken is the best. �" You tell her while making a face of joy.

- So I'll have that! If you like it that much it has to be good! �" Everyone stares at her for a few seconds, making her tilt her head a little. �" What? Something on my face?

- Anyways... I'll order two for each of us. I'll also have the freedom to choose our drinks, so no complaints. �" You let them know while making your way to Double Wag. After around 15 minutes you go back to your table and lay down everyone's sandwiches, each one labelled with their names so no one bites someone else's.

- Hey Edgar. Can I go help you bringing the drinks? �" Natasha asks you, but there's something about the way she asked you that makes you agree, even though you don't really need her.

- Sure thing. �" She wastes no time in sticking to your side. As you're far enough from everyone else she asks you something.

- Hey Edgar. Do you think I'm cute? �" The blunt way she asks you that made you snort a bit. What's up with her?

- I think you're adorable, and I don't know what would I do if something happened to your little precious face. �" You tell her while smirking a smug, but something tells you that she took that compliment seriously, since she blushes a bit and looks around, anywhere but to you.

- Heh... Thank you. �" She smiles to you while copying your smug. �" But your shoelaces are untied.

- But I don't... �" You look down for some reason since you don't wear shoelaces on your shoes. �" Why, you... �" She starts laughing quite loudly.

- Sorry, sorry! �" You have the drinks: two bottles of sodas and one of juice. As you two go back to your table everyone finally starts eating.

- This is delicious! Hmm! �" Rose savours each and every bite, making joyful expressions with each one. Quite uncharacteristic of her...

- Not half bad, I must say. �" Derick admits, faking a defeated face.

- No wonder you chose these Edgar, they're really good! �" Bastion can't stop a wide smile from surging in his face.

- ...Just as good as I thought it would be... �" Natasha just stares at hers after the first bite, as if she had fell in love with it.

- Well. They're good AND cheap. If I had consistent paychecks I would come over here and eat one every day. �" You say between bites.

All of you finish eating after around 30 minutes, so you discuss what to buy next for the hideout, or just gossip things you heard recently. Rose then brings up the question.

- What was the deal with those reporters? They weren't referring to our mission since we used masks, making it impossible for anyone to figure us out. �" You swallow nothing at her comment, but she doesn't pay it attention. �" Besides, they only adressed Edgar about Takeshi and a fight, which is weird considering who Takeshi is.

- Wait, you mean that Takeshi?! �" Derick's attention goes from 10 to 100 from that one comment alone. Whoever that guy was, if Derick knows him and you don't that isn't a good sign.

- You mean that one millionaire that funded Reversal's career? �" Bastion's comment makes you flinch for a second. You just sinked your fist inside a millionaire's head that's also affiliated with the Official Martial Artists Gathering Club? And he's Reversal's funder of all people? - ... What did you do this time?

- I kinda punched him across the sidewalk after saving his life. �" Everyone either gasps or do a face of disbelief. �" In my defense, I warned him first.

- ...We should call this a day and stop walking near you again for the rest of the month, just to be sure. �" Derick starts to sweat a little. What in this world, save his mother, could make him so worried? And what does he mean with being near you?

- What do you mean with that? The guy can't press charges against me because I have witnesses, loads of them actually, to back me up. He tried attacking me after I saved his life from a three story building fall, and his sister... �" Rose doesn't let you finish your sentence.

- WHAT? HIS SISTER WAS THERE?! �" She overreacts, to your surprise. She never does that kind of stuff because of how much attention it drags. Surely enough the rest of the establishment look at her before she calms down a bit. �" Listen here. I heard that his sister, Hirusha, is the rotten apple of his family. She hold grudges over literally nothing, and she always pays someone to go after that person. She always get what she wants the way she wants, and if you even touched Takeshi, her main source of cash and influence, she won't let you live a normal life again, ever. We should try adressing this issue as soon as we can.

- So let's go back to our hideout. It'll be better for us if we just stay out of trouble and people's sights at all. �" Natasha suggests while standing up. Once again everyone just do the same thing without even thinking twice about that. Odds are that now anyone could be a potential mercenary after you, so you decide to leave it while everything is still low.

Before leaving though you go have something for dessert, telling everyone you'll be right away. When you go over to buy something you look back, seeing Natasha behind you.

- Hey..! Mind if I stick around? �" You don't see why she would stick around with you instead of talking with Rose, so you just shrug it.

- Sure thing.

As you buy a milkshake you ask her if she wants one too.

- Actually I'd like to share yours... If you're cool with it, of course! �" She fakes an overreaction. Are you really influencing her that much to the point where she imitates you?

- ...So I'll have a bigger one. �" You decide to have the biggest milkshake they have. �" Change my order and have me the Mountain Size!

As you two go back to catch up to everyone else, in the far distance someone watches over you, but you can't see nor hear him.

- ...Interesting. He's going to be troublesome. Are they already there? �" The man asks with a fairly old voice to someone behind him. A woman responds.

- I would have done it even if you didn't asked me to, so don't worry. �" The woman replies, annoyance in her voice.

Back to the hideout's surroundings you hear the sound of fighting coming from the hideout's general direction. What does that mean? They didn't agreed on sparring, so something's fishy.

- Something isn't right here. Go invisible and stick around. I'll go first and check the situ�" A man suddenly appears from a tree, hitting your head hard with something cold.

- Edgar! Argh! �" You're too dizzy to stand up, but you can hear Natasha's cries of help. Right after you hear a man's voice.

- Be quiet you little brat! We're here after this kid, so don't get in the way and you're good to go. �" He stops for a moment, before you hear Natasha's scream, louder than before, until it suddenly stops. �" But since I know you won't, better do something about it while I'm at it.

Almost as if by magic, hearing her scream made you stand on your feet immediately, anger filling your eyes. She's alive, at least, but unconscious.

- Any last words before I pummel you into oblivion? �" You don't waste time in powering up while cracking your knuckles. Whoever this man is, he's far more troublesome than Border. His extremely muscular built and weird blue-with-white costume makes you believe he's a professional fighter, so you decide to go all out from the get go. As you pump yourself up with your Power he says he doesn't want to involve the girl, Natasha, in what's about to happen.

- Let's go somewhere else. She'll wake up in an hour or so, so worry more about yourself. �" He says as he leaves her near a tree, making an ice dome around it to avoid anything from hurting her. From that you can tell he isn't really a bad person, at least not against girls.

- Sure thing. I'll make this easy for you. Tell me why you did this and I won't send you to the hospital. �" You warn him as you walk over to a more desolated area. You can smell something burning coming from somewhere. When you look to the source of it you also see some smoke. It's coming from the hideout.

- Don't worry about that. Your friends sure are giving my brother a run for his money if he's using his Powers to deal with them. �" His brother?! He isn't alone, and someone potentially as powerful as he is is fighting your friends? You try your hardest to connect the points to try and figure out who these swines could be, but nothing comes into your mind, which is filled to the brim with anger towards the man before you.

Once you two get far enough from Natasha you prepare to start fighting. As you jump around to get warmed up you analyze the man before you. Taller than most adults, extremely muscular, has long hair like he came from the North Region, and a costume colored in white with blue details.

- Ready? �" You finish your settings before taking a fighting stance, your body radiating with power. He nods and makes an ice club. �" Ice manipulation? �" So his brother probably has fire manipulation. Wait, that would mean... �" You try once more to figure out who he is, but he doesn't let you finish your train of thoughts, leaping foward and readying a downwards strike.

- I am, what about you?! �" He shouts while striking the ground you were in. You jumped high and prepared a somersault kick to his head. He blocks it with his club.

- Quick reactions! �" You say as you use this as a base to jump backwards. �" So time to take this up a notch! �" Another small burst of power flows through you.

- That's the spirit! Come, child! �" He gestures you to go for the blow. You fall for his taunt and run straight foward. How dare him call you a child? He uses this to swing the club again, this time much faster. It hits your side, making you cough heavily.

- Heh... I felt that! �" You clean the spit from your mouth and stomp the ground so hard a small rock bounces up. You push your foot on it midair and hurl the thing at him. Almost as if he saw that coming he strikes back with a swing of his club. The rock flies back at you, but you manage to dodge it.

- Give it up kid, you can't even touch me, let alone hurt me! �" He laughs loudly. �" Guess those rumors of you finishing Border were just to show how weak he really was. This is how a real man fights! �" He charges at you with his shoulder, using his Power to cover it with an ice shield with small spikes on it. That'll hurt if it lands head on.

You pretend to prepare to retaliate from the front, but once he's close enough you sidestep. He hits a tree, but breaks it in half and simply changes directions, now again going after you. You plan something else, and decide to actually counter his attack with something of your own.

You've been trying to do something special with your Power, but all you could pull off were superhuman capabilities, like being faster or stronger. That however wouldn't be enough for stronger and more unique foes like the one before you, so you've been searching for ways to use it in more creative ways, and surely enough after one accidental experience you knew you had way more at your disposal than anyone thought, even yourself.

You cover your shoulder with a weird substance made of pure energy. It's clearly visible and has a faint orange color, like it was actual fire. You then dash towards him, making oth your attacks clash, sending ice shards everywhere, but the impact overwhelmed your weight, launching you straight into a tree. It cracks open, leaving you stuck. You see the damage you did to him, and get worried for real this time.

- Now I'm the one who felt that! �" The man stands up, massaging his shoulder while making an annoyed face. You get out of the tree before doing the same, but it hurts to do so.

- Hey you long haired b*****d! I don't know your name yet! It would be disrespectful not to tell me. �" You demand to know who this monster is. �" Mine's Edgar. Edgar Wildwest!

- Hm... I know your name. That's why I'm here to begin with. �" He begins while striking a pose. �" My name is Fergus, Fergus Stormhold. �" Hearing his name sends chills to your spine.

- Fergus Stormhold, brother of Magnus Stormhold and infamous bounty hunter duo? The Fergus Stormhold? �" You can't believe what you're hearing. Why would someone hire someone of his caliber to deal with someone like you? �" Who sent you after me sure paid you a lot! I've heard you two don't take jobs that are worth less than 100 crowns!

- Your attempts at stalling won't work kid. �" He just prepares another ice weapon, this time a pair of smaller clubs. �" You're in for trouble because I ain't here to fool around. Time is money, and money is everything! �" They start to emit signs of snowflakes coming from them. They sure seem to be extra cold.

- Well... If you want me, come and get it. �" You punch the air, causing the same fire-like glow to emanate from your fists.

- Your magic tricks won't work twice on brute force! �" He yells as he dashes towards you again, readying another straight attack.

You jump back, but as soon as your feet touches the ground you leap foward, sucker punching him in the gut. He flinches, but you don't give him opportunities as you're now pummeling him with a wild flurry of punches and kicks to his torso, arms and head. He takes them with visible pain in his face, but that doesn't stop him from attacking you himself. His clubs feel like they're moved by magic. Each blow made your movements slower, so after the third you decided to change your strategy again.

- What's... What's wrong kid? Scared of little Fergus over here? �" He pants heavily while taunting you. You're not scared, but being hit by those two things isn't a tactical move you want to do again. You can see him wiping some blood from his mouth. �" Wow! No wonder she offered me 200 crowns for you! You're the real deal! �" 200 crowns? Who in the world has this much cash to spend on something as stupid as this? That of course doesn't stop you from feeling an immense amount of pride for yourself.

- This little spar we're having sure is great and all, but I have friends I need to help, so... �" You taunt him while charging a projectile with your energy. It's a soccer ball sized sphere that glows menacingly. Fergus seems extremely shocked at this.

- What... What the hell is this? What are you doing? She didn't told me you had fire manipulation! �" He starts to freak out. �" Could you be... A...

- Royalty? Who knows? �" As you finish charging your special attack you start running towards him. This is stupid, but his resistence and sharp reflexes don't give you too many options. �" But one thing you can be sure of: I'm not a fire manipulator. �" He starts to pay you more attention as he raises his guard. That doesn't stop you, nor your attack from doing damage. As your "fireball" hits his clubs they're shattered immediately, some shards flying to your face, making your cover it with your hands. The sphere doesn't stop there, hitting Fergus straight in his gut. A big explosion takes place, sending him flying back to a boulder, cracking it open and making him extremely dizzy. He still has something going for him as he stands up after a few seconds, which scares you because you used everything you had in that one attack. Not practicing them was a bad idea.

- That... I felt that... �" He places his hand in his head, gesturing to a headache, while making the face of someone who's about to die from feeling so much pain. �" Whatever genetic freak you are I regret accepting only 200 crowns from that damned woman, but I sure don't regret meeting you. Kills me to admit, but you're strong. I don't remember the last time I fought someone with your level of skill, as far as your age can take you anyways. And I kinda wish I had your Power... Whatever it is... �" His cousciousness drifts to somewhere else as he falls on the floor.

- Heh... Finally... �" Your severely tired body can't keep up with the toll that using so much of your Powers demanded, making you fall on your knees, but you can't just stay here, your friends needs you. �" Na... Natasha... �" As you walk over to where she is you see that Fergus' ice dome disappeared, leaving her in one piece. �" At least... You're safe...

You decide to go over to where the rest of the gang is. As you approach the place you can see smoke rising, but no signs of fire can be seen. Once you're actually there it seems like everything is in one piece, except for the uncounscious bodies of your friends laying on the floor. Out of the three only Bastion is completely unscathed. Rose and Derick however didn't fell without a good fight. �" Heh... Nice one guys. �" You say as you start looking around for the responsible for this mess.

- If you're looking for me, here I am. �" An ominous presence revals itself behind you. You freeze on the spot, but he just moves to your front. He's exacly the same as Fergus, except he has no hair and a really big beard covering all of his face. His clothes also matches Fergus', but they are black with red details instead of white with blue. His massive, intimidating body makes you wish you haven't fought Fergus so you could pummel him instead.

- Your brother said... You struggled with them. How comes that a professional bounty hunter had trouble with mere kids? �" You smirk a smug despite your current state, your personality not leaving you for a second. �" Besides, I came here to beat you up.

- That won't happen. �" He raises his hand, making it get a bit red. �" What'll happen is: you and your friends will come with me to pay someone a visit. �" He puts his hand on your head, superheating it. It gets so hot you can barely think about anything, until you're eventually dropped out cold

 



© 2019 Regular Sama


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on June 27, 2019
Last Updated on June 27, 2019


Author

Regular Sama
Regular Sama

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



About
Not much to talk about. Just a brazilian who likes games, chit-chatting, roleplaying to some degree and of course reading. more..

Writing