Deconstruction of the Prideful

Deconstruction of the Prideful

A Chapter by Regular Sama
"

Edgar gains a scar he'll never forget

"

Chapter 5 - Deconstruction of the Prideful

 

  You can feel the sun in your face, as well as your hungry belly as you wake up. You try to remember what happened last night and think everything was just a dream... Until you look around and realize the room is the same as before. Only now you realize the headache your “father” gave you.

 

 �" They must pay... �" A voice pops on your head. You don’t pay it attention as you decide to scan this version of you’s computer. It has a password, but it’s predictable, so you get it in no time. The first thing you notice is the near-explicit porn wallpaper greeting you.

 

 �" Disturbing... What’s going on here? �" You don’t have to look too deep to find tons of pornographic material, conveniently labeled with the actors and actresses in, ranging from downloaded to recorded live from people you know well: Many of your teachers, Mrs. Sarah included, many of the popular girls, and non-popular girls too, and even your... Looking at this makes you want to vomit, so you immediately delete every ounce of this rotten material in the PC. It takes you half an hour to delete everything, so in the meantime you just looked up a bunch of things. Your social media accounts are empty. No one follows you, no one is your friend, nothing but loneliness. At least he’s better at videogames than you, since once you look up his game profiles you can see many items you almost died to have. After the half hour passes you decide that you’ll discover why you’re so weak, and change that.

 

 You waste no time in changing clothes and preparing to spar with your sandbag. Your first punch is so pathetic that you almost punch yourself out of shame. �" Damn, this guy’s body is weak! �" You try to channel your Power to see if something changes, but... You can’t feel anything, or almost. If not for a really vague feeling on the back of your head you would have believed those jackasses’s lies and thought you truly were Powerless. Whatever happened to you your Powers are out of reach, so you decide that from now on you’ll spend as much time working out to get in shape.

 

 Time passes and you go to school with “Diane”.

 

 �" Here you scum, carry my stuff! �" She drops her backpack on you out of nowhere, but you don’t have any of that and just let it fall on the floor. She gets really mad though, and changes the gravity around you once again, forcing you on the floor. This time however you stand on your knees, but it’s much harder than it should be. �" Be a good little servant and GRAB MY BACKPACK! �" She shouts, a vein popping on her forehead as she applies even greater force, making you breathless. You can’t help but do as she says. �" See? Was that so hard for you to understand? �" She knocks your head while making a retarded face.

 

 At school nothing changes. People still hisses at your presence, some push you and some makes you trip, but there’s nothing you can do about this. None of the teachers, especially the females wants to talk with you. The only “company” you have are those martial arts chads that keep pushing you around like you were their little pet. Do this for me, grab that for us, buy this and so on and so forth. They annoy you. �" You should... �" You don’t give space for the voice to finish its sentence.

 

 �" For how much longer will I have to stay here and do nothing while my real family and friends are worried sick about me? �" You think about how you’re going to get out of this reality Cosack made.

 

 �" So, Edgar. Where’s the good stuff? �" One of those annoyances asks you, making you do a puzzled face.

 

 �" What good stuff? What you’re talking about? �" Upon hearing your words he dashes to you, making a menacing face.

 

 �" Stop fooling around and give us your juicy product! �" He grabs you by your collar, raising you a bit. Is he talking about the porn you deleted?

 

 �" If you’re talking about that disgusting thing, I deleted everything, so good luck with that... �" Every one of them looks at you in disbelief. It doesn’t take long for the leader, Patrick it seems, to step up and laugh a bit.

 

 �" Wow, Edgar! Can’t believe it! Not only do you fight me back but you also turn into a comedian! �" He says while walking towards you. For some reason you feel like you should run to anywhere else, but you know you can’t outrun 5 of them with these sticks for legs. �" Now, tell me that one again, it was really good... �" He readies a fist, gesturing for a punch. �" Where’s. Our. Damn. Porn? �" He demands for an answer, but only get a grin.

 

 �" I already told you what I did with it, so scram. �" Bad idea. He punches you so hard you almost lose consciousness, your saving grace being that you knew it was coming. It doesn’t stop him and his friends from ganging up on you, pummeling you with kicks and stomps like you were a dangerous thug that tried to mug someone.

 

 �" If you don’t show up tomorrow with out content, you won’t like what’ll happen next! �" Patrick threatens you, who’s now curled up in a ball trying to hiss the pain away. Somehow you survive their assault.

 

 �" They should be the firsts... �" Won’t this thing shut up?

 

 You keep with your school schedule, or with what it should be one anyways. You’re given some free time thanks to last period having ended earlier, so you go to the gymnasium to cool of the heat in your body. Since you can barely punch a sanding bag you decide to just fight the air. Your P.E. teacher sees you, and you know he won’t let you get away with showing off like this without explanations.

 

 �" Damn, Edgar. Those moves of yours are from high level students! Where did you learned them? �" Are you hearing things? Is he really interested on your hits? Well, that doesn’t last long as his true demeanor shows up, more agressive than usual though. �" Because next time you use them here I’ll use them on you, and unlike you I can actually fight. Now GET OUTTA HERE!

 

 As you go to school you realize something: everything here is the same as back on your world, but the people you know act like you were just a hindrance to them, which makes no sense. It should be the other way around, you think. �" You can be the strongest if everyone else... �" You knock your own head to shoo the voice away.

 

 Once you get home you’re greeted with another punch to the gut. That makes you flinch and duck while holding the pain with a hand. Again, Diask isn’t pleased to look at you.

 

 �" I’ve heard that you let Diane’s backpack fall on purpose. Let’s teach you a quick lesson on what happens when you do that... �" He takes fighting stance, and you can’t help but do it yourself. He is taken aback by your action, but soon rampages on you with a series of jabs and straights to your gut and face. You stand no chance against him as he finishes you with a spinning kick to your head. You fall flat while hearing a faint buzz in your ear, which is also bleeding. �" There. Good stance there, but that’s all you have. At least tonight you can have dinner. �" He suggests before Diane says otherwise.

 

 �" What if we just give him our leftovers? After all, servants can only eat what their lords don’t, and no more than that. �" She laughs loudly while looking up, covering her mouth the same annoying way.

 

 You go straight to your room to try and take care of your bruises. At some point you feel your arm dislocated, so you decide to get it done with as soon as you can. It hurts, but you pay more attention to your ear. It’s still buzzing, but that doesn’t stop you from hearing it again. �" Use the knife... It’ll be fun... �" What will be fun to do with a knife anyways? You can’t make it out as you finish taking care of yourself. You’re still a piece of rag, but at least you can walk without hissing with every step. Soon your mom shows up with your meal: leftovers of pizza and hamburguers. You get nothing but the border of the pizza, the buns and some lettuce from the hamburguers and some hot soda.

 

 �" Thanks m�" She leaves as soon as she hears your voice. Why..? �" Well, anyways. Things can’t get worse than this.

 

Real World

 

 �" How long did you said it would take? �" Takeshi asks Cosack about your current condition.

 

 �" It’ll take an hour. Until then avoid him at all costs. �" He adorns a more villainous face �" If you want to do something else you’re free to leave whenever you feel like. Same goes for you Miss Hirusha. �" He looks at a white with grey pocket watch. Only a minute or so have passed.

 

 �" I’m actually more interested in what you putted him in this time... �" Hirusha’s curiosity is tangible.

 

 �" Oh, really? Think again dear. �" Cosack scolds her, but thinks about the answer regardless. �" The backstory I placed him in involves a version of him where his Power is locked thanks to a mental barrier he adapted after a childhood accident. But instead of being taken care of and treated the way his original self was, there his father blamed him for everything that happened to the house and his wife, beating him so hard he almost died. He grew scared to even look at his father, who now began beating him for everyday that Elizabeth wasn’t home, instead at the hospital recovering. He would always say: it’s this cursed Power of yours that almost killed my wife, and I won’t let you ever do it again to nobody! His hatred towards his son was so big that he forced Diane to also hate her little brother, and after a few months she too grew used to bossing around, to the point where she started nicknaming Edgar “servant.” When Liz finally came back and he tried to talk to her, she was initially scared of what could happen, which made Diask assault him once more. Liz was terrified at what was happening to her own son, but Diask didnt let her do anything about it, saying that it was Edgar’s fault that she almost died and now they had to pay so much for damages. Day after day he would be extremely agressive and controlling over Edgar, who eventually found relief in the wonders of the internet, and soon porn, and worse: self harm. He didn’t grew a life outside his room, and every second outside it was as good as wasted. Eventually he took his hobby to the next level and started taking lewd records of as many girls as he could, gradually raising from grown up women to teenagers. His family too got caught on camera, and somehow his know-it-all father didn’t realized it. Day in, day out, he would pretend to be doing something when in reality he would be having fun with online dates, videogames, his little lewd footages and sometimes self harm. It made him feel stressed out from all the pain his father and other people from school made him feel, and he enjoyed every second of it.

 

 �" Let’s see what you’ll do about this one, Wildwest. HAHAHA! �" He lets out a loud maniacal laugh while looking up. He then looks back at his watch. �" 50 minutes left.

 

 

 Time flies by as now there’s only 5 minutes left for Edgar to wake up.

 

Edgar’s Mind

 

 

 Time was anything but nice to Edgar, as he once again wakes up to go through another hellish day.

 

You quickly go over to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Nothing but raw bread. �" Next time let them know you like ham. �" You grew attached to the only reliable source of sanity that you had in that world: a voice that for the past 5 months have been telling you to do things such as push people off of high places or into the road, go for the final blow with your mom and sister while they were asleep, and more frequently: cut yourself, which was the option you always chose.

 

 You tried everything. Training didn’t brought your Powers back, and no matter how hard you tried they kept locked somewhere in your mind. You tried training with other people, but no one wanted to even look at you after Patrick and his gang spread across the academy rumors and “proof” of your little pasttime with cameras and girls... Every. Single. Day. After that was a living hell. Every single girl and their boyfriends would gang up on you, day in day out. The teachers would do everything in their power to make you always be seen as the outcast you were, trying their hardest to make you fail, which sucked because the principal said that if you did anything to fight back you would be kicked out of the academy on the spot. And to pack everything up with the cherry on the top your father would always use the excuse of you being this perverted b*****d that peeked on your own sister and mother to relentelessly assault you with a flurry of punches every time you came home. Time after time you would just spend most of your evening counting the broken bones, and that stopped being fun after the first month, and you got so scared of him you started coming back home earlier and rushing straight to your room. That didn’t stopped him and Diane from invading it and suffocating you for the rest of the night, saying: We already talked about what happens when you don’t greet us, haven’t we?

 

 Nothing could satisfy you, nothing filled you. Food was the only thing you could enjoy here, and even that they took away. School would deprive you of it, and your parents wouldn’t care if you ate or not, making you remember every night that you spent without eating anything for the whole day, with Diane soon entering your room with some food, only to eat it in front of you. You hated it. You hated her, your father, the entirety of the academy, but you were so terrified of them, of what they could do to you next time you just took everything in. You didn’t wanted to feel the pain anymore, but even if you somehow avoided school, your father would always be home waiting for you.

 

 At some point you even tried to escape to the woods, but shortly after there Diask was, readying his usual stance and maniacal grin, one punch after the other, with a “Do it again and you die” tossed in between blows.

 

 And those guys that you somehow once called friends wouldn’t even look at you. Everytime you were near their hideout Rose would slice you up and tell you go back off. Derick’s violent demeanor was even once allowed to be unleashed at you, sending you straight to a hospital bed. Even then your father and sister came in to apply psychological pressure on you with death threats and warnings back and forth.

 

 It was... �" Terrifying? �" Yes, it was... �" They would just kill you at any moment? �" Yes, yes! And... �" If they don’t care, why should you? Let it go, Edgar... Be the coward they say you are and end it... �" Those were the words you heard coming from the already familiar voice in your head, telling you to end it all last night. But at the very end you couldn’t. Because of her... The only person who was ever somewhat nice to you, because of your light at the end of the tunnel you stopped at the very end of it. �" Natasha will betray you, just like everyone else... �" You would see about that...

 

 Your usual smirk smugs and upbeat demeanor turned to dust a little over 4 months ago. You didn’t had a reason to be happy anymore. You couldn’t look up to anything but your precious computer and knife. The internet was the only place where you could roam free and be somewhat happy, but it was never enough to fill the gap that being the reject people made you be. Sometimes you would even spend restless nights sobbing just by thinking about everything, and specially about what your father would do to you next time you saw him.

 

 �" ...What day is today..? �" For no reasons at all the voice makes a normal question. As you look it up, it’s July 20... Wait, haven’t something happened today? You can’t remember what it was, but you think it was important. Regardless you decide to spend the rest of your morning having “fun” with your computer and with your knife, waiting for the inevitable. School time to come, but before you can go to school you see your... Why is he there? Shouldn’t he be at work already?

 

 �" Good morning son... �" He greets you while holding a wooden plank. �" Get your a*s here and give your old man a hug... �" His grin widens as you approach him without even hearing the rest of what he said. If he commands, you do, end of story. You just open your arms and wait for whatever he has to throw at you.

 

 �" Just end this quic... �" He doesn’t let you finish as he slams the plank flat on your head. A deaf thud is heard, and something warm comes out of your head... �" Dad... Wh... �" He does it again, making you trip and fall.

 

 �" I am not your father, I am your punishment for existing. Now get out of here before I change my mind and make you get late to school... �" You don’t waste time with your potentially fatal injury as you just do what you’re told and leave the house immediately, not looking back once.

 

And as usual you go to the academy, and as usual people treat you like you were nothing but a criminal, but you don’t dare to look at anyone as you try to go on with your day unnoticed while also hiding your injury. Finally school ends, earlier this particular day due to an accident, and you just finished Mrs. Sarah’s explanation of Zin Jhao’s revolutionary mindset that changed the... Wait, haven’t you already heard that..? Eventually everyone else is out for the count, except you and her. �" Go, ask her...

 

 For the longest time you have been trying to tell Mrs. Sarah how much you wanted her to forgive you for what you apparently did to her, that you would try your best to make up for it, that you would do whatever she asked to earn it. As soon as you adress her, she slaps you dead across the face. It hurts so much more than last time you begin to sob.

 

 �" Mrs. Sarah... Please, I’m sorry for what I have done... I... �" She doesn’t let you finish.

 

 �" I’m sorry? I’m sorry? HA!  What a joke! How could I ever trust you again after what you did to me? Now get out of my face before I call the principal... �" You run away as you wipe the tears from your eyes.

 

 You ponder on what she said, but you really can’t remember what exactly you did to her. That train of thought is interrupted soon enough when a man holding a girl comes out of an alley, pointing a knife to it and to her. Suddenly something builds up inside you as your thoughts race to figure out what happened today that made it so special, and why you feel like you’ve been here before...

 

 �" ...kid. Or do you want trouble? �" The man shouts at you, making you flinch and bowing.

 

 �" I’m sorry, I’ll be right on my way... �" You power walk away from his sight, which he joyfully looks at.

 

 �" You coward! At least you chose the right option... �" What did he just called you back there?

 

 �" C o w a r d... �" The usual voice repeats ominously. You decide that, at least once you’ll try to make the difference, that maybe this will redeem you of everything you have done before. Your hand goes to your knife, and while the man is distracted you sneak your way behind him and stab his leg, making him scream in pain and dropping the girl.

 

 �" YOU PEST! �" He barks as he holds you up and stab you on the stomach...

 

 Your face is of pure pain as you take the blow. You can feel the warm liquid coming out while you look at him in disbelief with wide open, terrified eyes. He laughs at you, but hisses thanks to his now injured leg. It’s almost as if he completely forgot about whoever he was threatening in the alley since he doesn’t see a couple come and tackle him with full force. He falls and hit his head on the floor, knocking him out. You fall, and try your best to stop the bleeding with your hand, but the pain is just unbearable, almost as bad, if not worse than all of Diask’s beatings. You look around to see the bystanders, and you can make out many of the students from your academy. All of them look at you with disgusted faces as they whisper among themselves, pointing fingers and gesturing heads. Patrick is in the middle of them, and as soon as the pair of angels that are the couple in front of you try to take care of your injury he steps up.

 

 �" Don’t help this pervert! He has fetish for pretty little kids! He even recorded some of them! �" He tells them lies, but they don’t seem to believe him... Are they... siding up with you..?

 

 Tears starts to form in your eyes, the words trying to come out as you look at them with hope in your very being. �" Th... Thank... �" The entirety of the crowd starts to boo you while shouting.

 

 �" Pervert! Panties stealer! Rapist! Thief! �" Lies after lies, and eventually the couple look back, and then at you, making your hopeful eyes disappear.

 

 �" So all you wanted was an excuse to do the same with our daughter... �" You try to say no, but the man pressures your injury, making you scream in agony. He silences you with a punch to the face. �" You... Sick... Pervert...

 

 Soon he stands, and everyone else too comes closer. They are ganging up on you. Soon you find yourself being stomped, kicked and hit with random objects, some of which are sharp and cut your flesh open like butter. After a whole minute taking in everything, you’re left to die. No one bother calling the police or an ambulance to help you. They... �" They want you to die, Edgar... �" The voice is clearer than it ever was.

 

 �" Voice... This... hurts... Please, help... me... �" You beg for your life, and miraculously get an answer. �" Yes, I can help. I can give your Powers back... �" Wh... What? Your... Your Powers? �" What... do I have to do..? �" He then spells for you. �" K i l l  a l l  o f  t h e m... �" You say yes without thinking twice. The chance to have your Powers back AND be able to take revenge on those filthy b******s? It’s just too good to let it go.

 

 Soon, you feel it. The familiar feeling of power running through your veins makes you stand up, your injuries somehow disappearing like they weren’t more than paper cuts and love taps. You look to each and every one of the ones in front of you, Patrick standing out as he approaches you.

 

 �" So, punk? How are you still standing after that? Looks like you’re tougher than I thought! Or maybe you just need the right person to pack the right punch... �" He readies a fist, but is soon stopped by your own punch. It’s sudden, it’s fast, and it’s powerful.

 

 You hear the sound of something snapping as your fist connects with his jaw. He falls dead on the floor after the first blow... You just killed a man... But you don’t feel guilty, in fact you feel... �" It feels good, doesn’t it? So what are you waiting for? All of them did the same to you, didn’t they? �" The voice suggests as the crowd starts to freak out at the lifeless body of a teenager laying on the floor. You won’t let anyone escape, not a single one of them, all of them will pay.

 

 And surely enough you do it. The hunt begins as one by one all of the spectators/aggressors die at your hands. Most are taken in one blow. Others need two. The strongest or with better suited Powers for defense require a full combo to be taken down, but surely enough they fall like dolls. It’s a massacre, and everyone that didn’t ran died, one by one by your hands as you laugh maniacally. It feels so good! IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE ALIVE! TO BE POWERFUL! TO LAY WASTE ON THE FILTH! YES!!

 

 �" ...Edgar? �" The faint voice of a teenager a bit younger than you makes you stop and look over to her. She’s crying uncontrollably as she looks at you and everything else around. Easy prey, easy kill. �" ...Please, Edgar... Edgar, no... �" As you walk over to her she doesn’t run or try to defend herself. E a s y  p r e y...

 

 �" It’s okay Natasha, it’s alright... �" You put your arms around her waist while pulling her closer for a hug. �" It’s okay, because I finally found you... �" You slowly tighten your grip as you hear her lose her breath and ask you to stop, flailing her arms at you, more tears forming in her eyes thanks to the pain.

 

 �" Please... Edgar... It hurts... Stop, please... �" She begs for her life, but you don’t stop. Why should you? Eventually your bear hug is so tight you slowly hear something inside her cracking, and then... CRACK!

 

 What was once her back, and her life, is no more. You grin maniacally as you look at her deceased body.

 

 Then... all of a sudden something happens. You remember. You remember your real friends, your real family, your real life. And you remember how she was the only one who somewhat tried to defend you here. And you remember that she was the very reason why you didn’t killed yourself last night. And you remember of the promisse you made yourself that she would never get hurt. Yet here she is, dead, and by your hands... A blank face eventually turns into pure horror as you scream from the top of your lungs, unstoppable tears flowing like waterfalls as you hug her tighter and closer to you... What have you done? Why have you killed all of these innocent people? What happened that made you get like this? Why..?

 

 �" Hahaha... HAHAHAHAHA!!! �" As you hear the voice you feel your ground leaving you, literally. You look around to see that the world around you is slowly turning into dust, eventually making you and Natasha’s corpse fall into the abyss. As you fall you think about what brought you to this point. About who the voice belonged to, and why it was so persistent in making you do what you did. But all of those thoughts disappear as soon as you realize her next to you... Natasha...

 

 You curl into a ball and wait for the inevitable impact with the ground. Maybe that will kill you quickly... But it never comes. Instead you feel something around your hands..? They have quite the weight...

 

 You then realize you’re looking down to a black floor. You look up to see a completely white room with a single lightbulb hanging above. Further inspections reveals a couple, maybe siblings. The man has black short hair that was combed backwards while wearing a black suit. He seems to be in his 40s. The woman is incredibly beautiful for her supposed age, around 35 or so. Her long blonde hair,soft makeup and white dress with a black flower resting on her shoulder. You have seem them before, but you can’t quite remember.

 

 Maybe this is your punishment for all that you did. Maybe you’re in hell, and you’ll spend the rest of eternity suffering whatever these two have in mind for you, until the man speaks.

 

 �" Ah, I see you finally woke up you pest. Sis, go call the doc. �" His voice is familiar, and his face too... Why can’t you remember? And doc? Doc, doctor... TC? Wait...

 

 �" Doctor... Tenesse... Cosack? �" You struggle to remember his name. Visible tears are still in your face while a fairly old and peaceful voice answers.

 

 �" Yes, my friend. Looks like you’re finally back from that little experience, aren’t you? �" The man that went by the name Cosack greets you. �" So, before anything, do you remember where you are?

 

 Isn’t that funny? You actually don’t. Last thing you remember is falling in the endless void of suffering and emptiness.

 

 �" So try harder, my dear... �" He asks you while looking at his watch, a pretty one you think. You force your memory to go to places of before...

 

 Suddenly it hits you like a truck. Your family, your friends, your world. Fergus and Magnus, Takeshi and Hirusha, Cosack and his plan of showing you something. You remember everything. Cosack smiles while looking at you.

 

 �" I never get tired of seeing this face. �" He clears his throat. �" So, now we can discuss my little proposal to you... �" You ask him something.

 

 �" Where was I? What happened there? For how long... �" As if he was expecting those questions he answers all of them in order.

 

 �" You were inside a reality I made with my Power: time manipulation. �" Wait, what? Time manipulation, like time travel and stuff? Your puzzled face makes the questions lurking in your mind for you, which the Doc answers. �" Oh, no. I can’t time travel if you’re thinking about that. What I can do is very specific. One of my abilities involve doing what I just did: sending people’s conscience to an alternative version of their stories, and for a real world hour they spend as much time as I want there, which in your case was 5 months.

 

 You somehow lived 5 months of hell within the spam of an hour. You really don’t want to deal with this guy. You then remember what he told you 5 months... or was it an hour ago? Argh! Regardless, you remember that he said you could be useful for him, but you have no idea what he meant with that. Your mind is still scarred thanks to that little adventure you had with the most abusive family you’ve ever met, and your heart is still wounded from what you did to...

 

 Remembering that one particular act makes you fall in tears. You can’t control yourself, as if you were still inside that reality. You look down, but Cosack doesn’t stop.

 

�" I want you to work for me. �" ...What? Work for... him? �" Yes! Boy, doing what I did to you sure made you easy to read, huh? Regardless, I’m here to offer you the opportunity to help me with my cause. Your strengh, your fierceness, your loyalty... All of this is just too valuable for me to overlook like this, so I decided to make Hirusha hire those two gentlemen that went after you, since I knew anyone else could have failed. After what I heard, someone taking down Border, I knew it had to be you. Group of 5 people, 3 men and 2 women... It was just too obvious, yet a lot of people didn’t realized it... �" He goes on for a bit longer before going back to the main topic. �" ...and that’s why I want you to join me.

 

 �" But... I don’t even know what you want... �" You tell him while trying to hide your visible pain. �" Why did you did that... Why...

 

 �" Well, because I wanted you to understand what I went through, to understand why I want to do what I want to do. �" He begins, but hearing the “what I went through” catches you off guard. �" You know. I made your own version of my reality as a child. I, too, was a reject by society because they thought I didn’t had a Power, and my family was as abusive as yours, but for different reasons... Still, it was what I needed to fuel my revenge plan. I eventually figured out what my power was and what I could do with it. Turns out I’m almost 150 years old by now! 

 

 You stop killing yourself from the inside to gasp so hard you cough some air out. How is he still alive, and so good looking? That makes no sense! Never before such thing was heard of! He reades your face again before answering another question.

 

 �" I know that you’re skeptical about this claim, since its unprecedented, but trust me. After I made 30 I realized my body wasn’t aging properly. I still felt like I was on my early 20s! Soon enough I discovered that special trait about me, and used it to scan myself after answers. That’s how I discovered that I can do what I did to you.

 

 A question still lurks in your mind: what does he want? This time you ask him out loud, which he proudly begins to answer.

 

 �" What I want is to take over this Region and rule it as king! �" He raises his arms while saying that last part �" Ever since I was a child society rejected me, and my own family treated me like I was a genetic freak! No one ever had pity on me, and I had to do everything all by myself. That’s when it hit me: society doesn’t care for the rejects, nor for anyone that isn’t their perfect little examples of what makes a good society. On top of all that violence and crime rations were raising exponentially by the month. People are losing fear of police forces since they fell into this state of passiveness and only do what they have to, which is usually just scold someone and toss them into jail. No suffering, no real punishment, just... ARGH!! �" He put his hands in his head while a green smoke comes off of it. Eventually he cools off... What was that anyways? �" Erm, sorry about that. I got a little stressed after remembering all of the chaos that reigns this city. That’s why I want to gather as much influence and power to my side, so when I declare war against this puny government I win! Maybe I’ll even get my hands on someone to be on par with the High Council! Imagine that! �" He then turns his back to you. �" And it’ll all start with this considerable sized town. Once I dethrone the mayor I’ll have full access to pretty much all of this city’s police forces, and will slowly but surely assert my dominance. People will never suffer again, people will never have to worry about being outcasts. Once my plan works I’ll make sure that will never happen again. �" He grip his pocket watch harder, almost cracking it.

 

 �" And that’s why I’ll ask you, because despite what I did I only did it because I want you to join me. �" He turns back to you and raises his hand, gesturing a hand shake. �" So, want to help me finally turn this unstable democracy into something everyone can enjoy without fear and prejudices?

 

 You think, and you think harder. You do want to change the view of the world that did all of that to you. You want to make sure no one will ever suffer like that again. You want to turn this place into a better one, where no one is looked down upon. You want to make a difference. You then look up to him and give your answer.



© 2019 Regular Sama


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on June 27, 2019
Last Updated on June 27, 2019


Author

Regular Sama
Regular Sama

Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil



About
Not much to talk about. Just a brazilian who likes games, chit-chatting, roleplaying to some degree and of course reading. more..

Writing