Those Butterflies Again

Those Butterflies Again

A Story by Reneé H
"

Hello butterflies, I'm glad you're back.

"

It's those butterflies again. The ones I've missed, the ones I ache for, the ones that give me hope.

Hello butterflies, I am so glad you're back.

I had forgotten how wonderful it was to smile with the sincerity that only hope allows, to breathe as though my heart is full, and to live like I have something to give. Indescribable. Even more, the sweet nectar of life that for so long has enticed the rest of my peers has finally reached the tip of my tongue and it tastes so sweet, so strong. It has wrapped me up in the essence of it and life, for me, is full again, or at least beginning to be. That's why the butterflies came back.

Those butterfly wings are a lot more powerful than they look, and the hope they bring more potent than anything on Earth. I am so happy they are here. Maybe I'm just a rambling fool, but I'm a happy fool, a hopeful fool. It seems that I find myself in the midst of being swept off my feet and for the first time in years, I'm ready for it. For the record, the man who's doing the sweeping is one of the most incredible I have ever met, and I count myself one of the lucky ones.

So why is it that with the potential for love comes hope and redemption? I truly believe it's because the journey you have taken, the miles you've walked, will finally be filled with someone who can carry you, catch you when you fall. And the hope that brings, the knowing it allows us to believe in, is so crucial to our being we can hardly live without it. Having that potential is important because it means that our person is strong enough, lovely enough, to catch the eyes and heart of another soul more beautiful than our own and with that soul, we can achieve that which we cannot on our own. Talk about inspiring.

The butterflies are the best part. They're the smiles, the laughter, the medicine to our many times aching hearts. They lift us up higher than before so that for the first time in awhile, we can see the sunrise. Who doesn't want that, ache for it, dream of it? It may sound a little fruity, a little cheesy, but I know the same desires surround the confines of our hearts.

Everyone wants butterflies.

After heartache, pain, humiliation, and a lot of frogs, I got my butterflies back. And I think they're here to stay. I need to rejoice in that, rest in that, capture that, and hope in that. Those butterflies are welcomed here, in my heart, and with a gracious spirit I am thankful they have found their way back to me. I was beginning to think they had gotten lost.

Instead, in the blink of an eye they have surrounded me and with that potent hope allowed me to dream again, not just of love but of life. Good, strong, full life and that is a gift I cannot even begin to thank him for. The butterflies have brought the start of something new, something bright and now I am ready to let them in. They fit perfectly in my heart.   

© 2012 Reneé H


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love you! :) This is amazing. It's an amazing feeling, love. At times it feels like an evil curse cast upon you, but other times it's an enchanting spell. The feeling of having those butterflies again after such a long time of nothing, is the most beautiful thing. And when you have been with someone for a long time and you can still feel them, that's even more beautiful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 20, 2012
Last Updated on December 20, 2012
Tags: love, romance, friendship, relationships, happiness

Author

Reneé H
Reneé H

Missoula, MT



About
My name is Reneé, and I am a college student and aspiring writer. I hope that someday my writing will reach around the world. I definitely have lots to say and I can't wait for more people to r.. more..

Writing
I Am. I Am.

A Story by Reneé H


Rhythm Rhythm

A Poem by Reneé H