Right on Time

Right on Time

A Story by Reneé H
"

Happily ever after is right on time.

"
Destiny and fate collide in a lasting wave as his body curls effortlessly around mine. I can feel his breath, soft and sweet on my cheeks as I lean in closer and wrap my arms tightly around him. The puzzle pieces of my heart, scattered for years, finally find their way to each other in a completion so ecstatic, it makes my heart race. Happily ever after is right on time.
The journey here has been log and winding, and I've definitely kissed a lot of frogs before finding my prince. But in the midst of all the crazy, I became someone's princess, and for the first time in my life I can say I feel forever when I'm in his arms.
I remember meeting him back in high school and even then I knew he was something special. Now, 3 years later, I am just beginning to discover the depth of his magnitude. I didn't know it was possible to fall in love so quickly, but I have made his heart my home and I know I will live warmly in it for years to come. That's the amazing part about love- there's no timeline, no prerequisites, no rules. It just is. For me, it is safety from the storms of life and bipolar disorder, it's the fading away of the rest of the world, it is hope and healing after a grueling journey. It is him.
For years, grappling with a mental illness has rendered me weak and crumbling. Bipolar disorder has left visible scars on my body, and invisible ones on my heart. I started to give up on my pursuit of happiness. But then, this man swept me up in his arms and kissed my scars and the hurt began to disappear.
I'm not perfect, and I certainly have a lot to learn about being in a relationship. But as I lay tangled in his arms I am absolutely sure that destiny and fate brought me the greatest of happiness, and I will do everything to keep it. For healing my heart, this man will be loved with intensity, passion and grit for as long as I live. I can feel it in my soul.
He asks me everyday if he can keep me, and it is the sweetest victory to say yes every time. My illness has done its fair share to break us apart, but something stronger, more powerful, has kept is together. Most of it is found in the sweetness of his bright blue eyes, and the strength in his courageous soul. He fights for me, for us, when the craziness in my head overwhelms me. There's something so raw and pure about that-there's no way I'm letting it go.
My heart erupts into eternal ecstasy at the thought of having him forever, and a permanent smile takes up residence on my face. I get to be his princess. Yeah bipolar, stick that in your juice box and suck it.

© 2013 Reneé H


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

319 Views
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013
Tags: Love, relationships, bipolar, friendships, romance

Author

Reneé H
Reneé H

Missoula, MT



About
My name is Reneé, and I am a college student and aspiring writer. I hope that someday my writing will reach around the world. I definitely have lots to say and I can't wait for more people to r.. more..

Writing
I Am. I Am.

A Story by Reneé H


Rhythm Rhythm

A Poem by Reneé H