Origin of Dr. Smile

Origin of Dr. Smile

A Story by Kyle Sky
"

know the backstory of dr. smile of 'Escape from the doctor' to understaand him properly

"

Poor young Ricky, He was unlike the other kids. Young Ricky grew up only with his mother in a small quiet town in Texas.

He was born during an unknown month and day in the year 1964.At the age of 5, he had been found with a terminal illness. He had pores growing out of his face and the endorphins in his brain have shut down rendering him unable to feel even the slightest surge of joy. Due to this, his mother decided to home school Ricky, locking him from the outside world.

Ricky and his mother lived at an old isolated house by the corner of their town. It‘s tiled roof seemed as if it was not cleaned or painted in over 70 years thus leaving it a grayish brown color. The wood covering the house was carved magnificently as if it belonged to a wealthy land owner but the planks were now cracked and covered with molds. The lawn was covered only soil and no grass. The house was most of the time facing away from the sun giving a dark presence to anyone who passes by. Some residents comment on it being the scariest house they’ve seen.

From the outside it looked like it was two stories high and it would be bright inside because of the various windows. But as one enters the house it was as dark as night for all the windows were shaded black and it only held one floor. There were only five rooms in the house. It includes two bedrooms for Ricky and his mother, one eatery, which contained a small stove, a sink, and a table, the bathroom, and the living room.

His mother was a tall cheerful middle aged woman who had a very pale complexion. She had hair of a light brownish color which was once a beautiful blonde at her younger age. She was lean at her middle age because of the fatigue done to her at her poor enduring life. His mother always had a dream of becoming a doctor but never had the chance. She lived her dream through expectations of Ricky. She even kept an old doctors coat for him to use some day. Her current job is making rag dolls and selling them to children, a profitable job to both her and Ricky.

 Due to the dead endorphins in his mind, Ricky had a wider span of intelligence than other children. He mostly focused on medical studies because he shared his mother’s dream of becoming a doctor. With his intelligence he made his own anesthetics, drugs and medical equipment out of old junk. He used these to enhance his skill with medical equipment. Besides his knowledge of medicine and surgical equipment he is very skilled with gymnastics, engineering and knife throwing which were all taught to him trough books.

Ricky loved his mother. He never had any intention to hurt her because to Ricky, she was the only thing Ricky thought was happiness. They always spend as much time together and Ricky has never seen his mother sad or angry.

 There was only one thing which blocked their way to a pure family bond and that was Jacob. Jacob was then the boyfriend of Ricky’s mom. Ricky hated him for he abused Ricky and his mother didn’t even notice.

Jacob was a strong black haired ruffian who then worked as a police officer. He had a handsome face but with a devious look in it. His big ragged arms indicated pas of manual work and hardship while his sly grins indicate a life of deceit and hatred. He loved Ricky’s mother but despised the little hunchback that she lived with. He always carried a revolver and was very skilled in hand-to-hand fights.

One horrid day when Ricky’s mother was away, a little bird flew into Ricky’s room. Ricky, not knowing what the creature was, killed it without hesitation. As he did, he felt an odd sensation come over his pale deformed face; A feeling with both horror and happiness. He laughed as an evil craving for death came to his mind.

After that day he satisfied his cravings by killing birds, mice, squirrels, cats and dogs until he had reached the age of fifteen. And soon enough, his cravings turned into an addiction. The killing of small animals couldn’t satisfy his cravings anymore so he turned to a new phase, murder.

He had only one person in his mind to be his next victim. That was Jacob

Ricky had to plan his assault on Jacob because he knew that unlike small animals, Jacob can defend himself. He went to his room to plan the steps of his next killing. Four simple steps went through his mind as he lay silent looking up to the ceiling. First step; wait for the perfect tome where Jacob and Rick would be left alone. Second step; disarm him using an anesthetic that would prevent him from fighting back. Third step; prepare his victim in the perfect spot and his weapon of choice that would satisfy his blood lust. Fourth step; enjoy the moment.

He waited for the day he could satisfy his cravings with blood until one cold afternoon. Ricky’s mother went to the groceries to buy the ingredients needed to cook a nice dinner for Jacob. She left Ricky and Jacob all alone.

 Now was Ricky’s chance. He took a homemade anesthetic He’s been keeping and silently crept to the living room. Jacob was looking out the window with his revolver in his holster. Ricky cautiously walked nearer and nearer to Jacob.

 Jacob was about to turn around when suddenly Ricky injected Jacob in the neck with his homemade needle. Shocked, Jacob screamed “What the hell are you d…” until he fell completely paralyzed.

Ricky was now ready to begin with his killing. He took Jacob to lie in the dining table. Then he took out a slender and sharp pin taken from a playing dart. The only sound he heard was his victim’s rapid heartbeats. He raised the pin slowly over Jacob’s face. He smiled deviously at the horror stricken face of his victim and in no more than a second dropped his arm into Jacobs head.

Jacob tried to yell but couldn’t. A pin now sits on his forehead and a face of despair fell upon the strong and confident officer as he died.

As Ricky looked over the corpse, he felt his heart beat with satisfaction. He sat down in one of the chairs and laughed bitterly as blood slowly dripped down the corpse into the wooden floor.

Minutes passed as Ricky sat there with a frozen grin upon his face. When his mother arrived she was shocked to see Ricky alone with Jacob’s dead body. She asked in terror “What happened here!?”

Ricky answered calmly “I drove a pin through his head” without even looking at his mother, still with a grin his face.

His mother was shocked and terrified. She asked why Ricky had done it but Ricky just sat there silently.

Suddenly his mother, in terror, grabbed a paring knife and said quivering “get out before I call the police.”

Ricky slowly turned and, for the first time seeing his mother terrified and sad, looked at her. His evil grin now melted into look of guilt. He walked slowly to her mother trying to assure her that he would never hurt her.

 “Mom, I’m sorry. I didn’t…” He said until her mother, in fright, slashed his face several times until Ricky fell.

Ricky covered his face as he bled, and for the first and last time, he felt a surge of sadness. He felt pain given from the sadness he had just experienced instead of the wounds in his face. The pain was unbearable for him to handle. His chest hurt. His limbs shook. He felt the pulse of his blood flow through his head his head. He wept for a small time.

Then for the first and last surge of anger fell upon him. Suddenly he grabbed a kitchen knife from the table and through it to his mother’s throat.

Her mother instantly fell to the ground and for a few minutes there was a sound choking coming from her until that sound faded into the air.

With blood covering Ricky’s face, he stood up. He remained motionless for some time but then he started to smile and said slowly “What is wrong mother.  You look sad but don’t worry. I can fix that.” And as he said this, he took out a needle and thread from his mother’s sewing kit and slowly sewed the corpse’s mouth into a smile.

After this he went to the kitchen, still smiling, to wash the blood of his face. When he did so, he saw his distorted face in the mirror.

He knew that he would now need to live among the people of the world instead of the two people which he only knew. He knew that his face was inappropriate to use to fit with a crowd. He thought to himself “I need a new face.”

He went to the bedroom of his mother and took out the sewing kit which his mother used to make dolls. Then he took out a rag from the sewing kit and cut it in the shape of a mask. Then he placed it slowly upon his face and started to sew it into his face, still with a smile. Then he attached his mouth into to the cloth and slowly and neatly sewed a smile into his face so he can never feel what he felt when his mother tried to hurt him.

He took the sewing kit, the syringe used to paralyze Jacob, and the pin used to kill him. He took the doctors cloak kept by his mother and with those items walked out of the house, never to return.

A few days later, a professor went into his class only to find every high school student strapped to their chairs, their hands on their tables, their eyes wide open, and there mouth sewed into a smile. This is the work of the poor young and psychotic Ricky mentioned a while back. And there will still be many of these to come in the future. The young disable child known as Ricky has now turned into a vicious killer.

This is the start of the story of Dr. Smile, the doctor who only wants to turn depressed person’s frown into a smile.

© 2012 Kyle Sky


Author's Note

Kyle Sky
comment if there are grammatical errors

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I felt tons of pity for Ricky and for his victims. It's amazing how he was able to "put a smile" on a bunch of high school students faces in only one room. Amazing, I pity and applaud Ricky for such, skill.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Good god that was dark! But I loved it! It was a bit reminiscent of Heath Ledgers Joker from The Dark Knight, but thats just me. The only grammaticl error found is that fact you need to put a comma before opening speech marks. I.e. She asked in terror, “What happened here!?”

Anyway a creepy and suspense filled write. Its interesting to read it from the villians POV.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this!! It's soooo awesome! It's like dark... And creepy... And AWESOME! This is so cool, I seriously envy you. There were a few grammical errors but otherwise the story is great! :) 96/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kyle Sky

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, ill be sure to fix the errors.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
}Echo{

11 Years Ago

:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 5, 2012
Last Updated on January 5, 2012

Author

Kyle Sky
Kyle Sky

Philippines



About
I am 18 and have a passion for literature, arts and music. I am a third year college student as of now. I love to read and write basically in the genre of adventure, romance, horror, crime and s.. more..

Writing
Gratiam Gratiam

A Poem by Kyle Sky


Self-Sin Self-Sin

A Poem by Kyle Sky