Chapter 17- Fun In The Sun (Previously entitled 'Off The Cretan Track' ) Edited and extra chapters.

Chapter 17- Fun In The Sun (Previously entitled 'Off The Cretan Track' ) Edited and extra chapters.

A Chapter by Repgreece

Sal hesitated for a moment before replying, "Tell me what you're thinking."

Where should he begin? What had he been thinking about? Well, let's see... Seducing her, taking her to his bed, slipping her out of that dress, kissing every inch of her, driving her to distraction...

But for some reason, this whole situation was causing him much amusement. The irony of it: that there she was, sitting on his lap, and there he was enjoying every second of it. But did she even realize what she was doing to him?

"What are you thinking, Nick?" she prompted him again, watching him inquisitively. He felt sure she must be able to read his thoughts, or at least know what kind of things he was thinking. Then it occurred to him, now would be a fantastic time for Kosta to play the song he had asked the kamaki to request for him.

"Hold that thought," he said, as realization spread across his face and he turned to glance back towards the music console.

What was he doing now? Sometimes Sal had no idea what was going through his head at all, but he'd obviously thought of something fun, judging by the excitement in his face, so she would just have to wait and see what he'd been thinking.

Nick caught Kosta's attention and Kosta immediately seemed to know why he was looking at him as he nodded put his thumb up in acknowledgement.

Ok, Sal wasn't the most patient person in the world; she couldn't bear it anymore.

"Nick, what's happening?" she asked.

"Ahh haa, you haven't got long to wait," he replied mysteriously. "And," he went on, "if you're really lucky you might even... probably for the only time ever..." he stressed, backtracking slightly, "...get to hear me singing to you," he finished.

"Really?" she said with a grin, laughing in amazement. "I don't think I've ever heard you sing before, Nick."

"Yeah well, like I said, it will be a once in a lifetime thing," he laughed.

"Goodness, I feel quite honoured now," she said, placing a hand over her heart.

"Hmm, you might not be so impressed when you hear me sing," he chuckled, "But I'll take my chances," he said as he heard the song begin and he leant forward, sweeping her hair from her ear with the back of his hand and whispering,

...Won't you make yourself at home and stay with me? And don't you ever leave.

Lay down, Sally, and rest you in my arms. Don't you think you want someone to talk to?

She laughed suddenly in surprise and pulled back to look at him. He grinned and continued.

Lay down, Sally, no need to leave so soon. I've been trying all night long just to talk to you.

"Oh Lord!" she exclaimed. "I've just realized, no one has ever requested that song for me before."

"Really?" he replied incredulously. "What, not even one of those lucky boyfriends of yours?"

She shook her head. "No. No one."

"Foolish boys," he concluded.

She chuckled. Then something else occurred to her. "Wait, so you do know my name then," she smiled.

He laughed out loud. "Of course I know your name. I'm not likely to forget something as important as that. Come on," he said, shifting so that she slid off his lap before standing to offer her his hand.

"What?" she asked, glancing at it.

"Let's dance," he replied.

"Dance?" she laughed. "I didn't know you danced either."

"I have many talents you haven't experienced yet, Sal," he grinned, taking her hand and leading her to an empty space in the centre of the bar to join another small group of tourists who were also now dancing.

This was turning out to be one pretty extraordinary night, Sal thought to herself as they stopped and turned to each other. But she suddenly felt a little... well something similar to shy, a feeling she rarely experienced. Her encounters with Nick so far had been limited to working at the airport, bumping into each other around town and a whole lot of teasing, but that had been it. Dancing with him all of a sudden seemed so sort of different for them. Then she had a really stupid thought, Okay, so how was this going to work? She had a horrifying suspicion that she'd suddenly completely forgotten how to dance! Luckily, she didn't have much time to dwell on this as Nick grabbed her hand and pulled her to him, lacing his fingers with hers and sliding the other arm behind her to claim her waist.

"So, do you like your song, Sal?" he asked, his eyes twinkling down at hers as they began to move together in light steps to the carefree tempo. Then, in that instant, she realized that she had not got a worry in the world. He danced great...she danced great...they danced great together!

She laughed. "Yes," she replied, beaming up at him. "Thank you for requesting it, Nick."

He shrugged. "You don't have to thank me. This song was clearly written for you, Sal," he said, tightening his hold on her.

She giggled, "Somehow, I don't think..."

He cut her off then though by placing a finger on her lips.

"It's your song for tonight," he whispered, suddenly twirling her around with one hand and catching her around the waist again to bring her back to him. She laughed with surprise as he went on to guide her in their dance, twirling and catching hold of her as the music played on and he sang the words with her name.

Copy this youtube link to hear the song.
watch?v=nOXf9oAGfDw




© 2020 Repgreece


Author's Note

Repgreece
Some feedback would really help me a lot. It's hard to know if the chapters are good or not, if the story is interesting or not etc. If you could please let me know how you are finding the story that would be great. Message me or comment. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on July 26, 2020
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: romance, love, fun, friends, summer, beach, travel, vacation, holiday