A Dangerous Affair Chapter 7

A Dangerous Affair Chapter 7

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Stephanie is furious

"

As soon as they had gone, Stephanie turned on Tom. “What the hell do you think you were doing Tom? You could have blown the whole story!”
 
He grinned at her. “Well you were quick to come up with something, and you were very good with the details.”
 
“This isn’t a game for god sake. Don’t push me or I’ll leave, and the only reason we are here right now is because of me!”
 
“Hey now wait a minute, if it weren’t for me lady, Carlton would have you wasted on pills right now and eating out of his hand. Think about that sweetheart!”
 
“Would you like to say that a bit louder Tom, so that everybody in the next room can hear?”
 
Tom glared at Stephanie, grunted and turned his back to her.
 
“And furthermore, since we are now on our own, do you not think it would be an idea to start looking around the place? That is actually what we are here for remember?” she added.
 
In a tense silence they entered the corridor and peered into one or two of the other row of rooms at the back of the stage.
 
“Psst…Stephanie come here.” Tom beckoned her to one of the rooms. It had been converted into some kind of makeshift office, and Tom wasted no time riffling through the desk drawers. Stephanie joined him and found an array of papers and files which she quickly scanned. One paper in particular interested her, so she folded it, placing it in her shoulder bag and filing away the other stray papers again. Suddenly, she became aware that Tom had stopped searching and was standing motionless.
 
“Did you hear that?”
 
“What?” she froze.

 

The sound of voices outside then became apparent.
 
“That,” he said, grabbing her arm pulling her across the room.
 
He propelled her to the side of the room where there was some kind of store cupboard with a sliding door. He backed into it, pulling her with him to stand facing the door. His back was pressed against a row of shelves and there was very little space, but they managed to close the sliding door before the men from outside entered the room. Stephanie peered through the gap between the door and the doorframe.
 
“I have some stashed in here somewhere, just for personal use, but you can try it and see if you want to buy more. I’m having a large group here tomorrow morning, come along.”

 

It was Carlton and another man who Stephanie didn’t recognize. Carlton went to his desk and opened one of the drawers. Both Stephanie and Tom tensed, waiting to see if anyone would realize that something was amiss. Nothing was said and the two men sat, speaking in hushed voices. Moments passed but the men showed no signs of moving.
 
Stephanie relaxed a little as the moments passed, but she gradually became aware of Tom standing behind her. His hands were placed loosely on her upper arms, but after a while they began moving downwards. They ran along the length of her arms to rest lightly on her hips as he pulled her gently back towards him, closing the slight gap between them. She looked back at him with a frown but he placed a finger over his lips to indicate for her to stay silent. She felt suddenly uncomfortable by his nearness, and the lack of space in which they were standing, but she was helpless to put any space between them until the two men had left the room. Then suddenly, to her horror, she felt Tom brush his lips gently against the base of her neck, by her collarbone. He continued by running a row of tiny kisses all the way up her neck, from her shoulder to her jaw. Her breathing started to become shallow and rapid. Damn it, she wasn’t going to let this affect her. She wasn’t. Besides she felt nothing other than animosity towards the man. So why the hell could she feel her body reacting to him? She stood, willing herself to remain still and praying for the men to leave the room soon.
 
Then, she felt her whole body flood with heat as his tongue found the skin of her neck. With a will of its own, her head shifted slightly, allowing him better access and her back arched against him in pleasure. He missed none of her reactions and his body filled with a heat to match her own at the realization. She was enjoying this, he knew it, in fact she must have been enjoying it a hell of a lot or she would have abated any reaction to him by now if she possibly could. She closed her eyes, trying desperately to gain control as she felt his tongue moving on her skin. Then, in the back of her head, she suddenly registered that there was no more noise in the room outside, and she peered through the crack in the door to see two empty chairs. She slid the door open quickly and stepped out of the store cupboard and away from Tom.
 
Turning on him, she said with barely controlled anger, “I told you not to play games with me Tom.”
 
“Just getting into the role darling. We want to convince Carlton now don’t we Steph?”
 
“Go to hell!” she growled furiously. ”I’m this close to leaving, right now!” She indicated how close with her index finger and thumb.
 
Her rejection fuelled an anger in him also. “No you won’t, you’re not jeopardizing the story at this stage just because you can’t control your urges.”
 
“You what! Can’t control my urges eh, well I’ve got a very strong urge at this minute to commit grievous bodily harm!”
 
“Oh come on Stephanie, why can’t you just damn well admit that you enjoyed it?”
 
“Listen to me will you Tom? My skin was crawling in there to get away from you. Are you taking this in sweetheart?” Her response filled him with utter fury.
 
He grated back at her. “You want me to try that again and we’ll see how much you enjoyed it darling?” He advanced towards her threateningly; his eyes locked on her lips and panic suddenly rose in her. With quick thinking, she reached into her handbag, pulling out the piece of paper that she had hidden in it earlier and holding it up between them. “Well listen, I’ve got enough information here for a story, so you can do whatever you like, but I’m leaving.”

 

And in three quick strides, she was out of the door and down the corridor.
 
Tom found Stephanie storming down Pickering Street in the dark. He was in his car so he pulled up alongside her and wound down the window. “Come on Stephie, get in the car.”
 
“I’m not getting in there with you, you’re a leech!” she shouted at him. On hearing this he couldn’t help but chuckle. This didn’t improve her mood. “I can see that you are finding this all very amusing!”
 
“Come on Stephie, you’re right I am a leech, but I promise to behave. Now get in the car.”
 
She stopped then, turning to him. “You had no right to do that Tom! You were bang out of order.”
 
“Okay, I’m sorry, now will you please get in the car?”

 

She hesitated.

 

“For your own safety,” he added.
 
With a growl she yanked the door open and got in. “Don’t do anything like that to me again.”
 
“Okay, I promise not to do anything like that again,” he assured her. “Unless you want me to,” he added with a grin. She gave him a steely glare.

 



© 2011 Repgreece


Author's Note

Repgreece
Any good?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

yea it's good. lol, this is funny. Why won't sh admit she likes him?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

569 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2011
Last Updated on April 10, 2011

A Dangerous Affair