A Dangerous Affair Chapter 51

A Dangerous Affair Chapter 51

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Tom is smitten

"

Stephanie got out of bed, showered and changed, pausing in the process of brushing her hair in front of the mirror when she noticed the ridiculous grin on her face. She was getting a bit carried away with all of this, she had to remember that she worked with the man. She shrugged nonetheless and gave into her carefree mood. Tom was clearly in as much of a carefree mood as she was, she could hear him singing and whistling to himself downstairs.

She put down the brush and descended the stairs just as she heard Tom shout out that breakfast was ready. Her pulse quickened at the thought of seeing him again. At the lounge door she took in a steadying breath before opening it, entering and heading for the kitchen. Tom turned as she entered and his face broke into a smile at the sight of her.

“Morning sweetheart,” he said, walking over to her and planting a kiss on her cheek. That was different. She wondered if she was going to get a kiss on the cheek every morning from now on. “Breakfast,” he said, gesturing towards the table where two plates of eggs and bacon sat.

“Thank you,” she smiled. She moved to sit down but he moved at the same time and they ended up bumping into each other. She laughed but her smile slowly faded when she saw the way he was looking at her. The moment was filled with intensity when their eyes fused and all the pleasure of the previous evening came back to them both. They stood there in silence simply gazing at each other. She began to realize how ridiculous she was being, she couldn’t seem to focus or think of anything to say. Eventually she gave a small laugh and turned to look at the table.

“You know what, you’ve forgotten the coffee. I’ll make it,” she offered, wanting a few minutes to collect her thoughts.

As she busied herself with preparing the coffee he went to the cupboard, took out two mugs and came up behind her, reaching around her to place the mugs on the kitchen unit. He took the opportunity to run his hands down her arms and move his lips to her ear. He closed his eyes and breathed in her scent, turning his head to whisper into her ear,

“I’ll have to be quicker next time eh. You look gorgeous this morning Stephanie, as always,” he added. “There’s just one problem,” he said, slipping his arm around her middle and pulling her backwards towards him.

“What’s that?” she whispered back, grasping the edge of the kitchen counter top and trying her hardest control the way her heart raced at his nearness.

“I can’t keep my hands off you,” he replied, sweeping back her hair with his free hand and bending to brush his lips lightly against her neck. She could feel her control rapidly slipping away so she moved slightly to the side to open a drawer and take out a spoon. He kept hold of her though and simply followed her as she moved. She smiled to herself and tried again, moving a little further away to the fridge to find the milk. He wasn’t in the least bit put off and shadowed her movements, tightening the hold on her waist.

She laughed and turned to face him. “Tom, I think you’re right, this might prove to be a bit of a problem. You go and sit over there,” she said moving her eyes to a chair at the kitchen table behind them, “and I’ll finish making the coffee.”

He turned to glance at the chair. “All the way over there?” he said, facing her again with a crestfallen expression.

“Yes Tom,” she said, moving her eyes purposely towards the chair again.

“But it’s so far away,” he sulked.

She laughed. “Look, we have to be at work soon. You know, work, where we have to be able to concentrate on reporting. At the moment I can’t even concentrate on making a cup of coffee!” she admitted with exasperation.

He grinned. “I’ll help,” he said, reaching behind her to flick the switch on the kettle and bending at the same time to feather a row of tiny kisses up her neck. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes.

“Come on Tom, that’s not fair,” she appealed.

“Hmm?” he murmured, nibbling at her ear.

“I think you… should move… over there now Tom,” she urged, barely able to string the sentence together.

“Okay,” he whispered, ignoring her completely and moving his lips ever closer to hers. She felt his fingers running teasingly up the length of her back and over her shoulders where he moved his hands into her hair to cup her face. She suddenly realised that she’d been holding her breath with anticipation and she opened her mouth slightly to exhale, realising her mistake too late when their mouths connected. Their lips clung to each other’s for only seconds before she came to her senses.

“No, no, no,” she said suddenly, pushing him backwards, taking in a deep breath and shaking her head as if to clear it. “Move! Over there,” she said, pointing to the chair. He groaned and looked at her beseechingly. “Go on! Someone has to be sensible here.” He made a sound of protest and edged back towards her, brushing his lips lightly over hers.

“Let’s just try the kissing thing again for a bit,” he whispered. “I like that,” he grinned, tempting her with tiny kisses. She moaned into his mouth, placing her hands on his shoulders to push him away again but finding herself pulling him closer to her instead.

“Tom?” she implored. She had meant it to come out as a warning but the word sounded more like a plea.

“Mmm, my lips just want to be on yours. I can’t help it,” he sighed, closing the gap again before moving his head back slightly to take a look at the lips in question. “Such temptingly kissable lips too,” he added, watching with fascination as he traced a finger over them.

“Enough!” she finally grated out, holding him at arms length. “You’re going to sit over there and you’re going now…this very minute,” she ordered.

He narrowed his eyes at her. “Okay, okay I’m going,” he sighed, dropping his hands and reluctantly moving away.

He sat watching her making the coffee with his head propped on his hand, leaning against the kitchen table with one elbow. As she waited for the coffee to filter she suddenly realised how quiet he’d become so she risked a furtive glance at him out of the corner of her eyes. He hadn’t moved an inch, he was simply sat gazing dreamily at her. She giggled to herself, finished making the coffee and took the mugs over to the table. She handed him his mug and sat down opposite him to begin eating.

“So,” she began, determined to focus her mind on work, “I suppose our first priority is to get in touch with Samantha.”

“Hmm.” His mind was on other things.

“Tom?”

“Oh yes, Samantha.” His eyes hovered on her face.

“Yes, and we still have to write the story remember?” she pointed out.

“Hmm, write the story…you’re gorgeous,” he said, digressing.

She ignored his comment and tried to pull the conversation back to work. “Let’s just hope that Samantha gives us the information we need.”

“I want to take you in my arms…”

A slight frown flickered across her face. “That’s if we can contact her.”

“I want to feel the softness of your skin against mine…”

Her heart began racing again. “She may be avoiding us.”

“…and I want kiss your lips and your neck…”

“Hopefully not,” she replied, quickly.

“…and I want to slowly undress you…”

“Tom? Samantha,” she said in desperation.

“I want to worship your entire body with my lips…” She cut him off suddenly by placing a hand over his mouth.

“Stop! No more! Let’s eat our breakfasts and then get to work Tom.” Any more talk like that and she’d give into him and end up back in bed!

He grinned and began to eat but his eyes were seducing her throughout most of the breakfast.



© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

well that could get annoying. him going all gaga over her, so i could uyndewrstand her point,but maybe she should give in because she's always serious. :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


Whoa. Way to go Tom.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

592 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 6, 2011
Last Updated on May 6, 2011

A Dangerous Affair