A Dangerous Affair Chapter 66

A Dangerous Affair Chapter 66

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Sal and Fay talk

"

"I've caught you out!" Fay exclaimed as she walked into 'The Wheelhouse' and watched Ruth hand over a glass of wine to Sal.

Sal jumped and swung her head around, looking guiltily ay Fay as she took a seat next to her at the bar.

"It's just a little lunchtime drink," she came back defensively.

Fay looked at her watch. "Hmm, eleven o clock. Hardly lunchtime Sal."

"Err... well it's elevenses then," she grinned, taking a sip of her drink.

Fay laughed. "Yes but elevenses usually consists of a cup of tea and a sandwich not half a bottle of wine!"

Sal shrugged. "Ah well, I'll pop out to the butchers later to get a new liver. So, what's up with Adam then and why aren't you two together on cloud nine? The last time you left here we were all busy planning the wedding!"

Fay rolled her eyes and ordered a mug of tea from Ruth. "Not looking too likely that Sal, he seems to be filled with doom and gloom and he thinks at the moment that it's not going to work out between us."

Sal pulled a face. "Why does he think that?"

"I'm not exactly sure. It started out that he was worried about my safety, what with working for him and all these incidents that we've got caught up in lately. So then he wanted to sack me and before I knew it he was telling me that it wasn't going to work," she finished.

"But it can't have just come out of nowhere!" Sal frowned. "He was so besotted with you before."

Fay contemplated Sal and began slowly, "Well... he did bring up me going away for three weeks again. I think that whole thing hasn't helped matters."

"Fay, you have told him why you went away haven't you?" Sal asked suspiciously. Fay shook her head and glanced down. "I don't believe you! That's it then, that's why he's given up on you two. You have to tell him Fay. We had a chat about it actually just before you came back and he was desperate to know then. He just wants you two to be honest with each other, he hates all the secrecy. And he also thinks that you don't trust him, he was so upset that you don't trust him enough to share this with him."

Fay was suddenly filled with sadness and remorse at Sal's words. The thought that she had upset him and caused him pain, caused her pain in return.

"I never meant to upset him Sal, I really care about him but we've had such a rocky start and to throw something else in the works... well, I just thought that it was best left alone for a bit," she reasoned.

"You can't delay telling him anymore Fay because I really think that it will split you up," she warned.

"Oh god." Fay put her hands over her face. "I was kind of hoping that the argument we had was only because of his concussion, it does make people depressed and confused you know."

Sal didn't look convinced. "That may be so but this has been an issue between you two for some time and it won't go away. He's not just going to suddenly forget that you disappeared for three weeks!"

Fay looked to the floor. "I know. But Sal things aren't so good between us now anyway, how the hell will he react when he hears what I have to say?"

"I don't honestly know Fay, but what I do know is that you have to talk to him," she stressed.

Fay fiddled with a beer mat nervously and fell silent for a while.

"I think he's planning on leaving here Sal," she announced suddenly. "He seems to have had enough of the business and all the trouble it's causing. I'm the only one holding everything together at the moment, and he doesn't even want me to do that. He refused to give me the key to the office!"

"Look, if you think he's going to leave anyway then you have nothing to lose from telling him everything and who knows, it might make a difference," Sal concluded.

"Maybe," Fay said thoughtfully, "I just wish that I could get my life back under control!"



© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
Added on June 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 14, 2011

Welcome To Crete