Welcome To Crete Chapter 68

Welcome To Crete Chapter 68

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Sal visits Nick in hospital

"

Sal rushed down the corridor and into the hospital room to see Nick sitting up in bed.

"What the hell did they do to you?" she said with concern, standing over him.

"Hey, they didn't get the better of me," he boasted.

She looked unconvinced. "That's not what I heard. Bloody hell, I'm going to end up with all my best friends dead if this carries on!"

"Nah, Pedros and his lot have sorted them out now. Just got a bit of a bad arm but the doctors say I'll live," he said casually.

"Thank god! Here, I brought you some grapes," she said, handing him a paper bag.

He pulled a face. "I thought you'd be a bit more inventive than that Sal."

He looked in the bag however and his face lit up. "Oooh, kiosk goodies! Looks like I underestimated you."

"Yep. You should know me better than that Nicholas. So where's everyone else?" she asked, looking around the room as though she expected someone else to pop up suddenly.

"Jen left a bit earlier, she had to go to work, and Adam came straight away to see me. No big deal anyway, I'll be out tomorrow."

"Fay didn't know what had happened but she's on her way here now." She pulled up a chair and sat next to the bed. "So, I heard that you were a hero, saved the people on the boat!"

He smiled. "Yes, a regular Superhero, that's me!"

"Ah, I'm so proud of you," she said, touching his hand.

"So it's official then, I really am the best rep in the world," he said goading her.

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Well... since you did save those people's lives I'll admit, you're not bad."

"The best," he grinned.

She tutted. "Ok, the best. Happy now?"

He gave a satisfied nod and there followed a slightly awkward silence as they stared at each other. Sal had been horrified to hear that he had almost died but there she was joking with him when she really wanted to tell him how devastated she would have been if he'd been killed.

He was so bloody laid back about everything!

"Well, I just wanted to see for myself that you were in one piece. Fay will be here soon," she said as further conversation escaped her mind.

"Thanks for these," he smiled, holding up the bag.

"No problem."

She stood up to leave then but turned back to him and sighed.

"Come here you," she said, putting her arms around his neck and hugging him. "What would I do without you to tease me half to death at the airport eh?" she whispered into his ear.

He suddenly felt himself becoming emotional then as he put his arm around her. "Thanks for coming to see me Sal."

"Of course I would, I practically ran here when I heard," she said, pulling back from him.

He smiled up at her. "Anyway, I intend to be around a bit longer to see you sail into the sunset with your 'mind shattering' guy."

She laughed. "You'll be around for a long time then. I'm going now, take it easy," she said, leaning forward to kiss him on the cheek before she left.



© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

388 Views
Added on June 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 14, 2011

Welcome To Crete