Welcome To Crete Chapter 74

Welcome To Crete Chapter 74

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Fay breaks down when she thinks that Adam is really leaving

"

Fay got in her car and drove to The Wheelhouse, trying to dispel Adam out of her mind and looking forward to a drink and chat with Ann. When she entered the bar however she found that Ann hadn't arrived yet so she took a seat opposite Ruth and ordered a glass of wine.

"Are you okay?" Ruth asked.

Fay looked at her with confusion. "Yes, why wouldn't I be?"

Ruth hesitated. "It's just that Adam is leaving so soon and I kind of thought that you two were a couple."

Fay shrugged. "Well that's what he's telling everyone but I'm not sure he's definitely going to be honest with you. I keep asking him when but he never answers me."

"I can tell you when, in two weeks time," Ruth said, cringing.

"What?" Fay exclaimed. "How do you know?"

"Susie has his flight ticket over there," Ruth answered, looking down the bar at Susie who was chatting to Nick at the far end.

"I don't believe it! Let me see," Fay said, feeling her heart sinking to the floor.

Ruth moved down to Susie and arrived back minutes later with the ticket in her hand. She put it on the bar in front of Fay and Fay stared at it silently. Ruth put her hand over Fay's.

"I really thought that you two would stay together, what went wrong?"

Fay bit her lip in an attempt to stop herself from crying.

She couldn't be in there now, she had to go.

She stood up suddenly and looked around, her mind in turmoil.

"Err, sorry Ruth, I forgot I have to be somewhere," she managed to get out, turning to the door before Ruth could see the tears begin to fall from her eyes.

She made it halfway to the door before she realised that she hadn't paid. Wiping her eyes she quickly turned back and fumbled in her bag for some money.

"How much do I owe you Ruth?" she asked, avoiding eye contact with her.

She pushed the objects around in her bag searching for her money, but the watery barrier of tears and her shaking hands made it impossible for her to find it.

"Hey, don't worry about that Fay, just talk to me," Ruth said, appearing beside Fay and putting an arm around her.

Her friend's concern shattered her control suddenly and she buried her head on Ruth's shoulder and sobbed.

"I hate him Ruth! He said he loved me and now he's leaving. And the worse thing is that I was fine before I met him, now I just want to curl up and die!" she cried emotionally.

"Come and sit down," Ruth said, leading her back to the stool and sitting next to her. "How did this all come about? He was so infatuated with you before, it doesn't make sense."

"I don't know," Fay sobbed, "I would have gone back with him too. I just wanted to be with him."

"Wanted? Or still want to?" Ruth asked.

"It doesn't matter now anyway does it? Because he's going," she said, putting her hands over her face.

"Have you told him how you feel Fay?"

She shook her head. "How can I? He wants to go, there's nothing I can do."

Ruth considered her comment. "Maybe he's leaving because he doesn't know how you feel about him."

Fay took her hands away from her face with a frown. "But I went to him, I told him everything. He must know how I feel about him."

"Maybe he doesn't. Don't you think you should tell him?" she came back.

"What good would it do?"

"Well for a start at least you won't have any regrets," Ruth said, running her hand down Fay's arm. "Imagine how you'd feel if you let him go and he really did love you!"

"But I'm sure that's what he wants, for me to beg him not to go but why the hell should I?" she grated out.

"Because you love him? And if it's any consolation I really don't think he's the kind of guy to want you to beg him to stay just to laugh in your face! You should have seen him when you were away, he was distraught," she stressed.

Fay searched Ruth's face, contemplating what she had said. "But what if he won't stay, if he doesn't want to be with me after all?"

"Don't let your pride stand in your way," Ruth warned, "I've done that too many times and look at me, I'm on my own." Ruth thought for a moment. "Besides, answer me this honestly Fay, what would he do if the situation was reversed? If it was you leaving."

This made Fay hesitate, and after a while her eyes darted to the floor.

"Come on, you have to be honest with yourself. What does your gut instinct say that he would do?" Ruth pushed.

Fay kept her eyes on the floor and answered in a small voice. "I guess he would ask me to stay."

"Isn't that what he did? And you were only going away for three weeks," she pointed out.

Fay sighed deeply and looked up. "I'm so confused."

"Go and sort it out with him Fay, for your own peace of mind," Ruth urged.



© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Three points Ruth, no points Fay.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

458 Views
1 Review
Added on June 16, 2011
Last Updated on June 16, 2011

Welcome To Crete