Soul of a Living Man

Soul of a Living Man

A Poem by rewordblog
"

A Poem on strenght and self love

"
I live with an intention to know, know that which makes ‘ME’ me. I learn with an undying enthusiasm, an excitement that gives my life its meaning. I aint perfect, but is gradually shedding all dat blurrs out the reality of my existence. 2day I meet u, 2morrow u r gone, gone because of my imperfections. But yet still, I rise, I rise continually as the ticking of the clock, never stopping, never backward, till I drop all the crappity that weighs me down, unveiling the real masterpiece ‘ME’.

 

I’m scared of myself in the flesh, manipulative, deceptive and most times evil. My comprehension of this reality, low, until everytime I meet you. You, who helps expose these baggage full of trash-reality in me. Yet again, the more exposed I become, the more real light shines on me, and the more I better my existence. However tried, you still did not believe me that Sam Cooke‘s ‘Change is gonna come’, had become my song. And yet you walked.

 

I cried and I tried and I died, yet ego, pride and hatred muted your being from accepting my ‘im sorrys’. I longed for your forgiveness, for your acceptance and  for your attention, but the closer I tried to get, the farther away you went, until I realized how far I’d come. Without knowing it,  I’d gradually grown stronger, better and wiser, realizing that I needed not rely on You to accelerate.

 

I had the life within me to live right and achieve; the flame within me to burn out my inconsistences; the desire within me to write my own epitaph; all the enthusiasm to jumpstart my change; and the undaunted passion to fight off the fate not syncing with my destiny. I am whom I choose to be- The Soul of a Spirit-Man dying to his flesh.

 

 

Check me out @ www.rewordblog.com

© 2010 rewordblog


Author's Note

rewordblog
All review is welcome. Check me out also @ www.rewordblog.com Like it, Share it, Subscribe to our email list, amd most importantly, leave a comment. Thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

@serah. i am glad you appreciate this. This writeup means alot to me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. very profound and soulful ... your words take one through a beautiful journey of introspection and assurance ...

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

349 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2010
Last Updated on September 7, 2010