smile

smile

A Story by reyna rodri
"

Rebeca Dawson is angry at the world until she finds something to smile about.

"

               Rebeca Dawson sat on a desk, her head between her arms soaked the coldness from the plastic table.  She was sleeping, dreaming. Thinking, most of all, about bad things in life, in hers and in others.  Oddly she dreamt of murders comitted on the street, of proverty and starvation taking over.  She knew that nothing, in this world, was good.

            But then Rebeca remembered, remembered a memory that she would always charish. The memory was of a girl, a little girl. The girl was crying, tears rolled off her chin as they fell to the ground like bullets. In the girl's hand rested a cone, a hollow cone longing for what used to be inside it.  On the ground beneath her laid a melting lump of green cream, the cream made thick rivers creeping in between the cracks of the hot pavement.

             A man crouched beside her, wiping her face as she continued to weep.

             "Ah honey... what's wrong?" His words were filled with compassion.

             The girl was barely audible through her thick streams of tears.  "M-my ice-cream!" she said screaming as if the loss of the ice cream actually pained her.

              The father started laughing, losing the compassion from his face.  "Rebeca, it's okay." he said standing erect now, streching out his hand behind him waiting for Rebeca to place her's on it. "Come, we will get more."

               Rebeca stopped crying. She look up and saw compassion rise again in to his face. She trusted the man well enough to place her hand gently in his. Rebeca's father guided her in to the kitchen for ice cream.

               Rebeca awoke smiling. Smiling becuase of her charished momories with her late father. And she knew, there are many things in the world, that are worth a smile.  

                

© 2009 reyna rodri


Author's Note

reyna rodri
sorry for any spelling mistakes

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First off, I just wanted to say I liked it; it's a cute piece and it finishes with a good message in the last line. I think I see some grammar errors/typos, but I'm not too sure if you want corrections/opinions. I'll refrain just in case you don't, but if you do, I can certainly do so if you message me.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
1 Review
Added on July 10, 2009
Last Updated on July 15, 2009

Author

reyna rodri
reyna rodri

san jose, CA



About
i like making up stories more..

Writing
hij hij

A Story by reyna rodri


The Jacket The Jacket

A Story by reyna rodri