I Want

I Want

A Poem by rhythm&blues
"

Human/kindness

"
I want so many things, 
where do I begin?

I want the sun to shine in smiles
and people to be kind
no poverty, war a thing of the past
appreciation for simple tasks

Seems people run around in a daze
forgetting what really counts
it's all about love, empathy and charity
if our hearts were full 
and our minds accepting 
life would be otherwise exceptional

Yes, I wrote this as a reminder 
for myself too, 
I'm not unlike you,
sometimes I forget the beauty
that exists in the simplicity, 
 miracle of miracles
 that we call humankind 


© 2013 rhythm&blues


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Its good to give ourselves the odd aide memoire to be as complete a human being as we can.
"From my point of view, he can be called a remarkable man who stands out from those around him by the resourcefulness of his mind, and who knows how to be restrained in the manifestations which proceed from his nature, at the same time conducting himself justly and tolerantly towards the weaknesses of others."
George Gurdjieff.

Posted 10 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

Thank you for reading Ken, an amazing quote, I appreciate both.
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

From a favourit book of mine by one of my heroes. The book is called Meetings with Remarkable Men.
rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

I will make it a point to put that one on my reading list.



Reviews

Bam. That's a mind blow I'll be sure to share! this was an intriguing write, even if it was wishful thinking. I often dream and wonder about a world where these things are legit.
good write!
-Dragon

Posted 10 Years Ago


A sort of reminder to everyone. "Appreciation for simple tasks"...that's totally important. When somebody exerted an effort doing something for the good of others, why won't we give the credit of simple appreciation? We are all human...who need to be humane.

Great piece!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This was beautiful:) and will help many:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
This is a really good reminder of how we should all be. thank you for reminding us why we are all here. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Life has a way of depreciating our value in the beauty of the things around us as well as attitudes we take. Stress and bad news are like poisons that enter our bodies and deprive us. Nice poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


It's a good reminder. A way to remember that we are the root of change.

Posted 10 Years Ago


So often we are obsessed with collecting things when we should be more concerned about the person that we are. Self actualization is the pinnacle of what being human is really about.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Indeed, so often we forget the beauty in the little things...the things we so often overlook. A good write reminding us al the simple things are important in lifel. Your words show compassion and altruism! Beautifully written. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Simply beautiful poem with such message.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice written R&B
its sometimes good for some to flash back

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1546 Views
42 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on July 19, 2013
Last Updated on July 19, 2013

Author

rhythm&blues
rhythm&blues

About
I really don't know what to say on these 'about me' pages. I'm newly divorced, have recently found poetry and loving every minute of it. I'm a bit on the shy side until you get to know me. My best .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ Insanity ~ ~ Insanity ~

A Poem by s y e