Spring After the Thaw

Spring After the Thaw

A Poem by rhythm&blues

I forgive you your wicked ways
although it'll not bring me slumber
my own well being is at stake

no time to waste on your reflection


I will not wallow in your betrayal
there are many sunrises to behold
dragons to be slayed aside from you,
not to mention the spring after the thaw

© 2013 rhythm&blues


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The spring after the thaw is so much more poetic than so many other euphemisms. I am enamored of that snippet- the dragons will still need to be slayed for they are always breathing down our necks, but that thaw- that is pure magic. It's a beautiful poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much icelandicblue, means a lot coming from someone as talented as you.



Reviews

The allusion is subtle, but striking. Like Icelandicblue, I love 'spring after the thaw.' It's quite perfect to your poem.

So glad you found poetry, it can bring great peace of mind.

Beccy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


What I love so much about this piece, is the title. You came up with a very good one! I also appreciate the simplicity and raging emotion behind the words. After reading your 'About Me', I'm not surprised you wrote this. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hey, I really like this. Reminds me alot of the Danish poet Benny Andersen. He takes such divergent things and sets them together so that each line meets you like something fresh, almost like the start of a whole new poem. It's wonderful here how the last line expands your poem so dramatically.

If I were to come with a piece of criticism.. maybe you could re-consider one of the three words 'slumber', 'betrayal' or 'slayed'; they're fine in and of themselves, but together, I feel like they create a bit of a medieval feel, which maybe doesn't serve the poem best. Could be that that's what you were aiming for, but for me the strength of this one's in its freshness and diversity, and it could be worth trimming a bit to let that come forward more clearly.

Anyway, that's just my two cents. Thank you for a fresh and surprising read.

Tony.

Posted 9 Years Ago


this was amazing........
beautifully written!
short compact and effective!
i loved it!!!
:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
And we can only hope that the spring comes after the harsh winter of betrayal. How long we stay in the winter months is up to us. I love the decision to not wallow in the pain despite the fact that it is felt. Well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


"Not to mention the spring after the thaw" lovely piece... I love the different word usages. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


splendid................. so full of purpose and response...........v nice

Posted 10 Years Ago


The last line is what really puts it all together in a nice bow so to speak. Being able to move on with a positive as well as confident attitude takes strength and foresight.

Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Simple, powerful and deep with feeling, well done, great read!

Posted 10 Years Ago


It is wise to turn to other dragons to be slayed, and to look toward spring with hope... A strong write, R&B!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

940 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 12, 2013
Last Updated on December 12, 2013

Author

rhythm&blues
rhythm&blues

About
I really don't know what to say on these 'about me' pages. I'm newly divorced, have recently found poetry and loving every minute of it. I'm a bit on the shy side until you get to know me. My best .. more..

Writing
I Want I Want

A Poem by rhythm&blues



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..