Nothing

Nothing

A Story by Rin
"

"I just... am."

"

 

She lies on her back, the bed changing its shape to fit the curves of her body, her fingers gently tapping on the keyboard. She imagines whomever is reading this and whispers “hello reader, welcome to my thoughts.”
            She is not doing anything and yet she could write so much. She is writing about nothing. But, she is writing about something because even nothing is something. Maybe there is such a thing as nothing and she simply can not think of it because she has never been around nothing.
            Silence, that is all she can hear… or think… think of hearing? Slowly, she starts thinking “how,” she sighs out loud. “How am I supposed to explain the philosophy of life?” she complains as she stares at the almost-empty white laptop created page. The only image forming inside her confused eyes is of space. White stares giving light to the endless black.
            “Does everything have an end… why? Maybe I am just too small to see the end of space,” She says. She slowly stops writing and the tips of her toes touch the floor. Water, the thoughts of her mind spilling into her room. The small room is flooding. She smiles; the warmth of the water is comforting like a small child held safely in her parents’ arms. The flow of her thoughts is like the instinct feeling of safeness in someone’s arms. She turns back to her laptop and swiftly writes. “Life just is… experience,” she reads out loud.
            Maybe life is not life without death. To truly value something one must lose something. These are the thoughts that are now dripping into her room. “God is the creator, it is the writer of this world,” she says as she puts her laptop back and lies back down on the bed. “It is apart of me as I am apart of those words I wrote. I am a little part of God. It is everything as one,” She says aloud. She closes her eyes; the water is now flowing onto her bed and giving her that same warmth all over the back of her body.
            Her hair frees itself from the hair band and embraces her thoughts, stretching in beautiful happiness all around her head. “Maybe my mind is too small to understand the end as well,” she sighs. The water has now come to her ears back into her thoughts. It is as if her head was the cage for her thoughts but now they are what most call reality. It can not go back to the place it once stayed and now she is under her thoughts.
            There is no breath and yet instead of like earlier where her mind was silent it is now overflowing with images, words, feelings, confusion… The flow of thoughts is killing her; they are all present at once in her mind. Under the blue her face is contorted with pain; it is too much. Her eyes open and she screams, bubbles flowing out of her mouth to the top of the mass of water. It is gone… silence. Gasping she sits up, her hand safely protecting her throat. A voice which would not be considered reality whispers to her “Don’t think so hard, just be.”
            She is completely still, her hair dripping the last of her thoughts. Silence… she gazes at her hands. “I just… am,” she slowly whispers. The water caresses her like her parents only she is no longer drowning. Now she is learning… 

© 2008 Rin


Author's Note

Rin
Pointing out the grammar mistakes and spelling mistakes would be greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
Added on October 4, 2008
Last Updated on October 15, 2008

Author

Rin
Rin

About
I love to write just as much as I love to do visual arts. For a while I used to think I didn�t have a talent in writing, but after doing so many pieces I found out that I love to do it j.. more..

Writing
Time is Selfish Time is Selfish

A Poem by Rin


Burning Perfection Burning Perfection

A Story by Rin