Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Kevin

                As the Explorer swung around a bend and turned right the head lights placed across a wrought iron fence with a gothic looking gate blocking the driveway. Pulling up to the gate Don punched a button on a remote and the gate swung open permitting entry. The driveway curved up a incline the home at the top slowly inching into view. At the top, the driveway turned into a large oval with ten parking spots in the center. As Don scooted the Explorer to a parking spot Murphy checked out the house, then realized this is a mansion. 

                The steps leading up to the front door were made of pure marble, massive pillars stood on top of them supporting the roof that covered the front door. The door itself was made of Oak and huge. The hinges looked like they weighed at least fifty pounds each. Giant windows graced the front of the mansion with balconies jutting out from seemingly random ones. The walls sparkled like rare gems had been embedded in the brick before it was laid.

                “So what do you think you the place?” Don asked even though he knew the answer already. It was the same for everyone he brought here.

“The outside is amazing, the way the wall sparkles, the marble and even the balconies.”

“Everyone gives me a similar response, but I never get tired of hearing how great it is.” Just then Don’s cell phone leapt to life in his pocket. Stepping away he talked in a hushed tone for a minute then returned the phone to his pocket. Walking back over to Murphy he announced “the others are all here, let’s go meet the rest of the circle.”

                Walking in the mansion they turned to the right and walked through a door. The room they entered had a long conference table with twelve leather back chairs on either side and an overstuffed leather chair occupying the head of the table. On the walls hung portraits of greats Americans who were leaders in bringing about change in the country.  On the far side of the room there was a fire place tucked into the wall and above it hung a portrait of a man who bore a striking resemblance to Don. Turning to the chairs once more, Murphy realized some of them held residents.

                The men seated in the chairs all dressed differently, and were various nationalities. Starting on the left there was a white man wearing a over sized cowboy hat, a flannel shirt, and cowboy boots too match. A few chairs down sat a man whose hairline seemed to recede as you watched. He wore think glasses, a white color shirt and jeans.  The last seat on that side of the table was occupied by a black man wearing a baseball cap, a tee shirt with some sports team on it hidden by the stains, and sweatpants that could have been a Pit Bull’s chew toy. Across from the black man sat an Asian with thin but elegant silver hair. He wore a black sports jacket that appeared a tat to long, with a silk button down shirt and casual dress pants. The last man rounding out the group had a shaved head sporting aging tattoos. He wore a tattered jean jacket with biker patches plastered all over it. His jeans looked like they had seem a few too many falls off the bike. The most notable thing about him was his eyes though, they had a look of malice as they pulsed and the green changed shades.

                The men all stood in unison as Don entered the room, each visibly showing a sense of awe. Glancing briefly at each of them, Don said “Gentlemen welcome to my humble home. I’m sure you are all anxious to find out exactly what we are doing here. Shortly we will go into the details, but first let’s enjoy a drink and introduce ourselves. This fellow standing next to me is Murphy, and he is the last of our circle.”

                Murphy nodded at the group, too nervous to speak.

The man with the cowboy hat introduced himself as Rex and included that he was a  cowboy for good measure. Next the man with his hair running away introduced himself as Hubert. The black man was Roland, the Asian Jin, and finally the biker was Dominick. As each man introduced themselves a waiter was there, taking drink orders.

“Gentlemen take your seats.” Don announced as he proceeded to the head of the table, and Murphy selected a chair between the Asian and the biker. As they all got settled into their chairs, the waiter crept into the room deposited the drinks appropriately and disappeared.

Clearing his throat Don said “Let’s get started. First I will explain what I do, and how I got where I am. Then we can get into what you guys will be doing.” The table nodded their heads in unison as Don went on “I am the biggest trafficker of illegal drugs in the United States, I also dabble in human trafficking, embezzlement , and protection for most of the state. I have FBI agents, state cops, local cops, even some government officials in my pocket. It has taken me all my life to build my empire, and I wouldn’t be risking it by bringing anyone into my fold but this is a special circumstance. A very close friend whose name I will not disclose has requested a product that has to be made. He is stuck in a wheel chair and no longer has any functions below the waist. What he wants and what I am asking from you that, you make porn. This will not be your normal run of the mill porn, first off it will involve minors of both sexes, and secondly at the end of each one the minor will be murdered, and the last thing is my friend will have a list of ways they must die. Also remember gentlemen you all agreed one hundred percent to this, so if anyone even thinks of trying to back out, run or try to find authorities I don’t own then you will be killed in a spectacular fashion.”

Collectively the group looked as if they had seen a ghost, faces white empty stares looking at Don. Only Dominick stood out in the group he had a look of excitement on his face, a gleam in his eye to rival a kid going to an amusement park. Don decided he would be the leader of the pack, it was a huge bomb to drop and they needed guidance until it set in.

                Looking to Dominick Don produced a bag full of keys and tossed them down the table to him. “You are going to be the leader; you look excited about the prospect of doing this. Those keys go to cars that are parked in the garage. Give each man a car you can let them pick or you can assign.” Producing another set of keys and tossing them to Dominick, Don said “those go to a van filled with movie equipment that will help with this job.” Retrieving one more item from his end of the table Don flipped it to Dominick “that is the phone I will call you on when my friend has made up his mind for the production he wants.” Dominick pocketed the phone grinning.

Surveying the assembled men Don decided to stress a couple rules he wanted followed. “Men I have two rules for you to follow. These are golden I will not tolerate any deviation from them. The first rule is no drug use, and next you are not to go home until I am done with you. Remember I will not hesitate to kill any of you and I will know where you are at all times.”  With that Don stood gave them a quick salute and disappeared through the door.

As quickly as he was gone the group turned to Dominick with questioning eyes. He stared back thinking for a moment then said “Let’s go check out the cars.”



© 2010 Kevin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the story a lot. The two different direction of the story. I do like. I like a road trip myself. The chapters 4-6 were strong and I like the pace of the chapters. A very good read.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

Kevin
Kevin

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I am currently enlisted in the Army, and have been in for six years. Recently I realized I really want to write, and think i have a decent baseline to start with. I have a beautiful wife and two won.. more..

Writing
Institution Institution

A Story by Kevin


Red eyes Red eyes

A Story by Kevin