chapter 8

chapter 8

A Chapter by Kevin

With Dominick leading the way the group filed out of the conference room, in search of the garage. Flowing into the night the group headed back towards the driveway they came in on. Finding a fork in the driveway they headed the opposite direction from the road. Walking up this section of driveway they soon ran into a six bay garage with 5 of the doors standing open. In the first bay a collapsible table was set up with five wallets laying out, one labeled for each man. Each wallet contained new identifications, credit cards, and hundred dollar bills. Each man pocketed his wallet then started looking at the cars.

            Sitting it the first three bays were different models of BMW’s all fully equipped. In the last two were Mercedes one matching Murphy’s he left on the side street back in Benton. Rex, Roland, and Jin took the BMW’s without complaint. Murphy got his baby and Dominick took the last car.

            Each car was registered and insured by a Mastic inc. opening the compartments of the vehicles revealed more stacks of hundred’s with the band still wrapped around then. After inspecting his vehicle Dominick called for all the men to join him.

            “We need a plan until this little baby chirps to life and we have our first job. I suggest we go find a hotel to settle into for the night. I’d like for us to all check into the same hotel so that we are close. I will also need each of your phone numbers.”

            Each man recited his number as Dominick keyed them into his personal phone. Then he continued “My car is GPS equipped so I will lead the way to a hotel. Any have questions? Then get in your cars boys and let’s find us a hotel.”

            Each man returned to his car and started it. Dominick led the convoy back to the road. Following the GPs he turned right heading for Lukin. According to the GPs they had about ten miles before a turn so Dominick decided to see what everyone was made of. He slammed on his accelerator and watched the headlights behind him start to dim. Check his speedometer he was already rocketing at one hundred miles per hour. Keeping it stead there he soon saw the headlights of his convoy coming up behind him. Deciding not to push his luck he slowed to a reasonable speed and followed the GPs to the hotel.

            Parking the cars next to one another each man got out with a giant smile smeared across their face.

            “I haven’t had that much fun in years.” Rex cheered

            The rest of the group excluding Dominick nodded their heads in unison agreeing.

            The group filed into the hotel lobby, each reserving their own room. The receptionist was very accommodating and provided rooms all next to each other. She even offered to have a bellhop assist with baggage and to arrange a tour guide. The men refused the services and thanked her.

            Leaving the lobby Roland said “this place is a dump I’m surprised they have a bellhop, tomorrow we need to find a nice joint.”

            Nobody replied to his comment Dominick was waiting for their attention.

            “I want everyone to sleep we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. I am assuming most of you have never done this type of dirty work before, so we have a lot of studying to do before the real jobs start hitting. I will give each of you a call with what time to meet. Until then enjoy room service if they have it, it’s not our money.”

            The group chuckled with him and headed off to their rooms. Dominick waited for all their doors to bang closed then jumped back into his car. If his was going to work with this group he needed to toughen them up quickly he thought. Racking his mind he tried to think of where he could get the materials he was going to need. Finally he remembered a black market connection. He flipped open his phone dialed a number and was connected. He rattled off the list to things he needed and the address of the hotel. The person on the other end promised that it’d be there by morning. Satisfied he closed his phone and headed for his room. Stripping down he jumped in the shower and thought this is going to be a great experience. He decided right then that the job he did was going to ensure that Don kept him on board for other jobs.



© 2010 Kevin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on May 21, 2010
Last Updated on May 21, 2010


Author

Kevin
Kevin

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I am currently enlisted in the Army, and have been in for six years. Recently I realized I really want to write, and think i have a decent baseline to start with. I have a beautiful wife and two won.. more..

Writing
Institution Institution

A Story by Kevin


Red eyes Red eyes

A Story by Kevin