Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Kevin

            Dominick woke automatically reaching for the phone he was provided. Checking the messages he found none. Untangling from the covers he placed calls to each of his men waking them. Half of them sounded like they’d been up for awhile. After a quick shower he called them again for a quick assembly. The group responded quickly and formed up by their cars.

            Walking up to meet them Dominick said “Glad to see you all are here. The plan for today is to go shopping. I presume none us have any personal effects with us.”

            They all nodded in unison. “After you are done shopping there is going to be some homework to be done.”

            Some of the men chuckled at this notion, and the rest just shook their heads. Dominick silenced them with a look that could cut steel. “If you want to live I suggest you learn how to handle what we have been ordered to do. I will have no issues pulling the trigger to kill any of you who don’t comply. And don’t forgot Don will find out, so I suggest you get your acts together and let reality sink in while you’re all shopping.” With that he turned on his heel and headed for the lobby.

            Dominick glided up to the desk attendant, she was a pretty blonde with big oval eyes and a cute button nose. As he spoke Dominick turned on a smile that melted many hearts in gis past. “Excuse me I was expecting an overnight package could you tell me if it came in?”

            Dominick extracted his false driver’s license and handed in over the counter to her. Smiling she ducked into a room behind the counter and came back caring a large  nondescript cardboard box with Fed Ex tape embracing it in a hug. Dominick took the package thanked her and headed back to his room.

            Shutting his door tight he sliced the box up revealing all that he had requested. He pulled out a stack of video’s and then self published magazines. He sorted the contents into four different stacks, and then slid them into brown paper bags. Grabbing the bags he left his room and stopped at each mans room. He used the master key that he had acquired from the front desk to let himself in. he dropped the bags quickly and exited each man’s room. Finished dropping out the material for his men he headed back to his room. He cleaned up the packaging and took the box to his car with him. On the way out of the parking lot he glanced around, saw nobody so he lit the box on fire and tossed it in the dumpster, thinking always destroy evidence.

            Stopping at a drug store Murphy browsed the isles looking for hygiene items he will need. He picks up a toothbrush, toothpaste, disposable razors, some soap and shampoo placing the items in his basket. Walking towards the checkout he decides a pack of combs won’t hurt either and drops them into the basket. At the register he pulls out a hundred and pays the young woman working. Receiving his change he smiles and leaves.

            Sitting in his car Murphy wonder’s if using the false credit card will be that easy. He already decided he is going high end with his clothing selections and doesn’t want to draw attention by paying cash. Thinking a bit longer he pulls onto the strip looking for a suit shop.

            Spotting a store that will fit his needs Murphy pulls in the parking lot only three other cars are occupying spots. The store was flanked by a sleazy adult bookstore on one side and a very dirty looking tattoo parlor on the other.  Stepping in the door a sales person materialized out of nowhere and greeted him with a “good morning sir.”

            Murphy was taken aback by receiving service as soon as he stepped in the door. Even some of the pricey stores that flooded malls didn’t offer service this quickly. Smiling inwardly Murphy greeted the rep and extended his hand. The rep graciously took it then offered for him to be measured. Accepting the offer, he allowed the rep to lead him to where the seamstress stood waiting. She quickly appraised he size handed a paper to the rep with his sizes. The rep led him away in a flurry towards the stores top quality wares.

            The corner held suits for all tastes and styles. Murphy honed in on one in particular that grabbed his eye. It was a deep black, and appeared to absorb the light surrounding it making it stand out even more. The rep seeing the one Murphy eyeing he quickly jumped into a sales pitch about it. Murphy was only half listening as the rep rambled on. Finally he told the rep that he would take it along with a dark blue and a white suit that hung nearby. The rep scurried to get the suits and told Murphy they would be ready shortly.

            Browsing the store he picked out a few different shirts and ties to go along with the suits. None were offending of eccentric colors. He grabbed a package of dress shoes and also a pair of black leather wing tipped shoes. As the cashier rang his items up he removed the credit card from the wallet and silently said a prayer that it would work. The cashier presented him with his total and he slid the card, his heart skipped a couple beats before the display in front of him flashed approved. Smiling Murphy thanked the staff which was all so helpful picked up his items and glided back to the Mercedes.

            Returning to the hotel Murphy took his items from the car and meticulously organized them in the small cubby that hotels provided.  Once he was satisfied he plopped down on the bed and noticed the paper bag there. Opening it he found four DVD’s and an assortment of magazines. Strangely none of them had covers announcing what they were.

            Flipping open the cover of the first one big bold letters screamed welcome to the world of underground. Turning the pages ads for various illegal activities covered the pages. Some provided images with the ads, women being penetrated  by horses, dogs, and other animals, girls tied and gagged, rape video’s explicit drugs, human smuggling. Murphy was disturbed, and intrigued by the ads, knowing what his expected job is. Flipping deeper into the magazine he ran into images of girls who appeared no older than thirteen being mashed into different sexual positions by muscle bound men. Some had gags covering their mouths, others blind folds and a few even had clamps placed on different genitals.

            Seeing one girl with all the above and tears streaking down her face, was too much for him to take, he began violently vomiting, some landing in his lap and the rest covering his shoes. Finally gaining control over his retching Murphy threw the magazine in his trash can, stripped and took a hot shower trying to wash away the despair he felt.

            Lumbering out of the shower Murphy heard his phone buzz to life on the bed side table. Hurrying to it the display showed Dominick was calling. Taking a couple deep breathes he answered. “Hello.”

            “Murphy I need you meet me out by your car.”

            “I just got out of the shower it will be a few minutes.”

            “Okay.” Said Dominick and hung up.

            Murphy took his time getting dressed. He wasn’t looking forward to a meeting with the sinister man. After tying his shoes he took ten deep breathes and headed for the door. Walking out he found Dominick leaning against his car.

            “Don’t lean on the car.” Murphy said

            “Relax old timer it’s not really yours anyway.”

            “What do you need?”

            “I need you to take me up to Don’s so I can pick up the van.”

            “Why’d you pick me?”

            “You’re the only one back, and I need to get it done.”

            Shaking his head Murphy unlocked the car and motioned for Dominick to get in. starting the car he said “I don’t remember how to get there.”

            “Not a problem.” Dominick spit out the directions as Murphy backed out of his spot.

            “So did you find your present?” Dominick asked gleaming from the passenger seat.

            “You mean the one that made me retch all over myself and the magazine, yeah I got it.”

            “You better learn to deal with it, that’s what we are going to have to do.” Dominick sneered at him.

            Murphy ignored him the rest of the trip turning up the radio a little to block the sound of his slightly labored breathing. Finally reaching Don’s place Murphy relaxed a little. As Dominick got out of the car he said “Meeting at six, my room, tell the others if you see them.” With that he slammed the door shut and marched off.

            Murphy raced off wanting nothing more than some time alone.



© 2010 Kevin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on May 21, 2010
Last Updated on May 21, 2010


Author

Kevin
Kevin

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I am currently enlisted in the Army, and have been in for six years. Recently I realized I really want to write, and think i have a decent baseline to start with. I have a beautiful wife and two won.. more..

Writing
Institution Institution

A Story by Kevin


Red eyes Red eyes

A Story by Kevin