Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Kevin

Dominick scooted the van down an alley to a side door leading into a large warehouse. He quickly removed the equipment from the van, placed it right inside the door and locked the door. He glanced in both directions down the alley to make sure no one saw he then hopped back in the van and headed for the hotel.

            Checking his watch Murphy realized he was needed back at the hotel, so he slammed his brakes and did a u-turn smashing his accelerator headed back the way he had came. He was dreading the meeting that was going to happen and the things sure to follow. He beat the dash until his fist was ruby red and a few knuckles sprang leaks, berating himself for getting into this.

            Pulling up the hotel Murphy found everyone else’s vehicles already there along with a big black paneled van. Seeing the van he knew where it came from and what it held inside it or at least did before Dominick touched it. Slowly he got out of his car trying to burn time before the meeting he wanted no part of. As soon as his head was above the car, Dominick yelled “Get over here Murphy.” Once again then were converged in front of the line of cars that couldn’t come close to fitting in here.

            “Guys I have some good news. I just leased a warehouse and already deposited the equipment there, so the van can be used for other things.” Dominick said a sadistic grin covering his face.

            Murphy piped in “Not to interrupt our little meeting but I think we need to change hotels and quickly.”

            With contempt in his eyes Dominick asked “Why?”

            “Well for one our cars don’t fit in here, this place is low class. If you drive a BMW or a Mercedes you wouldn’t be caught dead in a place like this. Then there is the fact that we are always meeting standing out in the open which could start to appear suspicious to people.”  Murphy replied.

            “You do have a point; tomorrow we will find a better hotel, one with a penthouse so we can hold our meeting there.”

            Murphy nodded his head in approval and the rest of the group looked relieved to be finding a different place to rest.

            “Now let’s finish this so we can get to work. The warehouse is going to need work. I want to build rooms; I have already ordered plywood for this task. After that we need to become creative, each room is going to have different props. I want to be ready to roll the film as soon as the order comes down. The quicker we produce, the better taken care of we will be.” Looking at each of the men he continued “Tonight I want you all to get at least familiar with the type of thing that will be expected of us. I left things on each of your beds for you to look over. Make sure you do it. Trust me you may find it sickening but you’ll get used to it.” he paused to let in sink in.

            “Be ready to leave here by nine-oh-clock tomorrow. I will have a new hotel picked, and then we need to set up the warehouse.” He looked at the group one more then disappeared into his room letting the door thud shut behind him.

The rest of the group followed suit with a little idle chatter about dinner. Murphy didn’t speak to anyone and disappeared behind his door. Once inside he flung the offensive materials across the room and muttered to himself I’m not doing it. Slumping into a chair Murphy realized how precarious his situation was. If he refused to do the job then he was dead, but if he forced himself to do it then he may well kill himself. Feeling defeated he collected the materials and started looking. If he was going to die he would take his own life before being murdered.



© 2010 Kevin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The chapter 10-12 were very strong. I like the internal thoughts of Dominick. The two young people are off and running. Three good chapters. I will read on.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 21, 2010
Last Updated on May 21, 2010


Author

Kevin
Kevin

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I am currently enlisted in the Army, and have been in for six years. Recently I realized I really want to write, and think i have a decent baseline to start with. I have a beautiful wife and two won.. more..

Writing
Institution Institution

A Story by Kevin


Red eyes Red eyes

A Story by Kevin