Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Kevin

       Murphy snapped awake, his world spinning and the dim light filtering through his window searing his eyes. He closed his eyes and waited for the spinning to stop. The alcohol last night did a number; it had been years since he drank like that. Recalling the night made him smile, he felt closer to the men he would be working with, and him and Dominick finally made it onto the same page.

            In the lulls in conversation he and Dominick locked eyes; Murphy felt a transformation the first time it happened. He began to entertain sadistic thoughts and found a slight joy thinking of things to come. Still no orders were issued, but he found himself wanting to get started, and was working scenario’s in his mind.

            The rest of the night their eyes found each other many times and even though no words were exchanged they reached a mutual understanding, and as the night concluded Dominick clasped Murphy’s shoulder and whispered something about a right hand man.

            Daring to open his eyes again Murphy found the sun slightly easier to handle. He threw the curtains shut, it still caused discomfort. He searched the bedside table for his phone and dialed Dominick.

            “What’s up?” Dominick answered still half sleeping.

            “What’s on the agenda for today? After last night I am ready to get anything going. I don’t want to be idle any longer.”

            “I’ll show you the warehouse and we can decide of some décor for the rooms.”

            “Sounds good, what time?

            “Let’s make it noon so we have time for breakfast.” Dominick said and provided the address.

            Murphy jotted in down and hung up.

            Jumping in the shower Murphy blasted the hot water, the pellets burning his skin. He scrubbed until his skin was red and tender, trying to force the smell booze out of his pours.

            Standing at the sink his skin still steaming he brushed his teeth three times, and followed it with mouth wash. Cupping his hand over his mouth and blowing he was finally satisfied that he didn’t stink of booze.

            Next he pulled and suit from the closet, but then decided it was too formal for a visit to a warehouse, so he elected to dress in a blue collared shirt, and black khaki’s.

            His stomach rumbling reminded him of a café he saw a few blocks away. Next to the phone was a room service menu he skimmed through to. Nothing on the menu was appealing and he figured the café would be quicker anyway.  He did a final scan of the room to ensure he had everything he needed, then left engaging the lock.

            As he approached the café a parking spot opened, and he slid in as the other car eased out.

            The café sat on the first floor of an impressive red brick building. A patio overlooked the sidewalk, with black metal tables and matching chairs. Umbrella’s provided shade to individual tables. Only half the tables had occupants and Murphy decided he’d like to sit outside.

            The interior was dimly lit, and offered sharp edges of modern décor. The host welcomed him graciously and offered an outside table, which he took. With a cool breeze nipping at his neck he flipped through the menu, deciding on a bagel with cream cheese, and a fruit salad.

            Waiting on his order, his thoughts started to drift. First he thought of what his grandson might be doing. A young girl giggling pulled his thoughts in a new direction and he started thinking of young bare flesh. How smooth it must feel, unblemished and perfect. How little round breasts with bright pink n*****s excited him. These thoughts were new to him, yet he couldn’t deny the fact that they made his heart hammer, and his world spin.

            As he was craning his neck attempting to get a glimpse of the giggling girl the waitress showed up with his order. She placed his food on the table and cast him a peculiar look. He finally acknowledged that she was there and thanked her. He ravaged his food not tasting a bite. He left the café in a flurry, not waiting for the bill and leaving a monstrous tip.

            He drove recklessly weaving in and out of traffic, speeding through yellow lights, and cutting people off. He didn’t notice: his mind was still on the girl he heard. His thoughts were so fixated on the girl that he almost missed his turn and brushed a telephone pole with his mirror.

            Dominick’s car was parked near the entrance to the warehouse. The door windows were blacked out, and the door was cracked open. As Murphy walked in Dominick was heading towards the door. When he spotted Murphy a sly grin appeared on his face. He spread his arms with great theatrics and said “Welcome to our operations center. This is where we will have all our fun.”

            Murphy looked around absorbing the details. All the windows in the building were painted black; the walls were bare and chipping. Chunks and chips of cement littered the floor, and large pillars supported a loft; with rickety wooden stairs leading up to it. in the far corner sat a pile of different building materials.

            “Looks like a lot of work needs done.” Murphy said.

            Dominick let out a loud laugh and said “Work my friend; there is only a little work to be done our guests will not be concerned with the décor.”

            “True, so what’s the plan?”

            “To build rooms with no ceilings so that cameras can be hung, and there will also be a few holes in the walls for different angles. The loft will have cameras facing the doors so we can capture the fear on faces as we bring in the victims.”

            “Sounds like you have put thought into this.”

            “More than you know my friend. It has been the only thing on my mind since the night Donald told us about it.”

            “Well let’s go shopping.” Murphy said heading for the door.

            Dominick stepped in behind him locking the warehouse as they left.



© 2010 Kevin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on May 30, 2010
Last Updated on May 30, 2010


Author

Kevin
Kevin

Colorado Springs, CO



About
I am currently enlisted in the Army, and have been in for six years. Recently I realized I really want to write, and think i have a decent baseline to start with. I have a beautiful wife and two won.. more..

Writing
Institution Institution

A Story by Kevin


Red eyes Red eyes

A Story by Kevin