A Sheep Among Wolves: One Man’s Stubborn Commitment To The Idea That GOD IS LOVE

A Sheep Among Wolves: One Man’s Stubborn Commitment To The Idea That GOD IS LOVE

A Story by Bishop R. Joseph Owles

a sheep among wolves front cover


A Sheep Among Wolves: One Man’s Stubborn Commitment To The Idea That GOD IS LOVE


What if we really believed that God is love? What if we really believed that God is patient, and kind, and humble, forgiving and accepting? What if we really believed that God asks us to be patient, and kind, and humble, forgiving and accepting toward God and toward the people in our lives? How would the world look if all of us who claim to be Christian just took that one, simple idea and made it the foundation of our lives? Would the world be a different place? Would the Church look the same? These are a few of the many questions Father R. Joseph Owles asks himself and his readers.


A SHEEP AMONG WOLVES: One Man’s Stubborn Commitment to the Idea That GOD IS LOVE is a collection of meditations (called “Blessays”) centered on that one, simple idea that God is love. Some of these Blessays are meditations on daily lectionary readings, some are the result of passing thoughts, and some are based on conversations and questions asked by others, as well as questions posited by Father R. Joseph Owles himself.

Father Owles asserts .that if God is love, then love is not what God does, Love is what God is! If we really believe that God is really love, then whatever we do in the name of God must be done with love because if it is not done with love, then it is not done for God �" who is love. If God is love, then Kingdom of God is really the Kingdom of Love; Jesus Christ is really the Son of Love; and we are all the People of Love.


This is theology at its best �" down to earth, accessible, practical, and applicable. It is a must read for all who strive to live as a faithful disciple of Jesus Christ regardless of church affiliation or tradition.

© 2014 Bishop R. Joseph Owles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on January 3, 2014
Last Updated on January 3, 2014
Tags: Christ, God, Jesus, love, sheep

Author

Bishop R. Joseph Owles
Bishop R. Joseph Owles

Alloway, NJ



About
Powered by Conduit Mobile LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing