It's a Wrap

It's a Wrap

A Poem by Einstein Noodle

Image result for wrapped body

it's a wrap 
frankincense, cedar, myrrh and 
linens with
tincture of anger
Mercurochrome teeth to clean with

salmagundi of blame and defense
like rancid flax and floss
spiteful salt skin scrubbing
its like ...................... grass blade finger cut , 
paper  thin-sliced meat .......and
incubated
coming to roost ........ digging to root
eggs of malcontent

murdering heart and soul

               another heated spoonful 
                                                    bite down         
brown dope
..............................................brown paper bag

a suicide.                      a

murder suicide
of the heart 
and soul.

but  don't mind me;
................................i don't know my neighbor

i barely know myself.

E.
 01/20/2020

© 2020 Einstein Noodle


Author's Note

Einstein Noodle

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such vivid imagery, dear E. The mercurochrome teeth we bare, the salt we scrub on bleeding wounds, grass blade finger cuts and the eggs of malcontent and mal-intent we lay in them and watch those maggots of death hatch and spurt through.

Do we do all this to things and people most precious? Yes, we do. Are we so evil and vile...perhaps yes or perhaps no...Perhaps, as you said, we are just lost....

I enjoyed and loved this read.

Posted 4 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

you certainly captured the mood and intent Divya .. i appreciate the depth and sensitivity in your r.. read more
DIVYA

4 Years Ago

It’s always a pleasure, dear E. Loved this write. 🤗
This comment has been deleted by the poster.



Reviews

and you barley know your self,seems we all kinda do that with others
and we hurt ourselves because of it

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

sometimes for sure! can't love another without first loving ourselves ... i believe that with all my.. read more
 wordman

4 Years Ago

you`re welcome e
Such words and concepts. The anonymous charaters just add more to the absolute drama of this piece of history. I think it is amazing tht these things keep happening. These horrible things that somehow you have turned into the starkest kind of beauty. Like the man said each of these characters is like a setting sun.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

we really haven't changed much at all have we Ken :( pity eh!? it should be so easy ... but for fear.. read more
Amazing poetry E.N.! More anonymous bodies and hooded sins against humanity. Cuts to the heart of the matter with a cruel, “paper thin sliced meat” ,knife of apathy? Greed? Lust for power? Pain? Poverty? Ignorance? Fear? -all of the above?? Frightening, graphic, powerful metaphor and imagery used here throughout. Dramatic, staccato style with infinite pauses gets the point across in more ways than one. “Murder, suicide of the heart and soul.”- doesn’t matter which one anymore- eggs are lain and poison dispersed. Genocide of the mind. Your last verse is a reality gut-punch and the true symptom of the underlying societal disease. Will be pondering your memorable and fatalistic wake-up call. Thank you for writing these words.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

thank you so much Annette ... your in depth reading of this touches me ... truly does ... we can get.. read more
The photo you have paired with this poem is haunting. It makes me think of the photo of the Syrian child from a few years ago who had washed up on a beach. The ways people and situations become objectified and normalized until we no longer feel the natural coursing of shock when we encounter them.

Your sometime drug-using metaphor kind of gets to the heart of that. The numbness and need that accompany the addict's life. The push and pull between seeing the darkness that surrounds but being somewhat blinded to it as well.

There is much to be troubled about in our public discourse/mindset. So many influences and not enough truth or sense. When truth is defined by what we want to see come to fruition it is very difficult to confront the underlying problems and root them out.

This is a stirring poem. Read it several times trying to come to grips with it. Which seems appropriate as that is what I find myself doing most days when confronted by our current reality. Great work, E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

thank you for taking time Eilis! your review is thoughtful and in depth ..i could not agree more wit.. read more
It`s graphic, mate. I could expound on my personal view of humankind, but I wont. Sadly, we`re living in an age where degradation is apparent immediately it happens....which makes it become commonplace and easier to accept as the norm. The goodness of our species is pushed to the back pages. This piece moved me. P.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

thanks Pete! we break apart on so many levels it seems ... it gets scary for me sometimes when the d.. read more
Pete Langley

4 Years Ago

Hi Gene....first, it`s not a new novel. I started writing it 8 years ago, reached 30,000 words and s.. read more
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

i will check that out ... i have enjoyed your poetry very much Pete .. and truly did miss you around.. read more
Eggs of malcontent

You had me there. I was already in, swimming in the irony of incubation post mortem. Then I reached the murder suicide, and almost fell off my chair!!!

Never seen such a sharp cut directly to the heart of the issue, not in those words.

Darkly lovely!!!

V

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

you like that huh!? ;)))))))))) thank you so much .. what a wonderful encouraging review Verse!! ver.. read more
"I don't know my neighbor" or do we choose not too? Are hearts too hardened to feel anothers pain? How different this world would be if the eyes saw the pain and the heart wrap another in warmth and compassion.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

its almost a crime to see your sunny smile and face on the page of my dark poem ;) but thank you so .. read more
E., I think this can be taken as a deeply introspective piece, and perhaps a view of the world today. Though we're living in one of the longest periods of peacetime (relative, of course), the social tension and factions seem to bring their own wars. We identify not as humans but sorted marbles in different boxes, the play things of politicians. Though raw and dark, I think you've captured the mood of many Americans today.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

you hit the mark sir ... your review could not be more comprehensive and sensitive .. thanks so much.. read more
The meek will inherit the earth. ''Read that somewhere.''
The power lies with the haves, descent lies with the have-nots.
Big powder keg out there, bound to blow at some point.
Got a feeling this might be the year for it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

i hope not Paul .. i truly do .. thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts .. the turn around of .. read more
Paul Bell

4 Years Ago

Was that a month ago. It didn't take long, did it.
The graphic, your words, the power and darkness, the screams and insanity.. everything wrong and worse. Chaos. My mind tells me that we each contribute something regrettable at least once a week. If everyone put up a hand to that.. the planet would take off.. then, mess with space as has with Earth. What's cursed is now illy distributed; each hand raised to help might well have a blade in it; every blade cuts a hole in our bloody atmosphere and meantime, some refuse to accept how uncivilised we've become.

Could say more but, will merely add that you, dear sir, have opened a grand box of worms, maggots and all else worth thinking about, talking about then, getting off the butt and doing something about. Great write, superb phrasing, logic and emotion finely welded because you mean every word. Thank you.

Returned and corrected my typos Sincere apologies.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

i meant "corker" not "cracker" ;)
emmajoy

4 Years Ago

I:).. it's fine, I answer to many words and names!
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

chuckling softly now ... your the best Emma!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

730 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 21, 2020
Last Updated on January 21, 2020

Author

Einstein Noodle
Einstein Noodle

Pork Rind, AK



About
This morning as I began to log in to WC, it occurred to me what an inspiring and comfortable place this has become for me. There are so many talented people sharing, encouraging, teaching and learni.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..