Memories

Memories

A Story by Robert Bean

Memories- A Fiction!

Jessica sits in the room, the way she does most afternoons. She sits on the floor and watches the shadows move slowly across the walls. She remembers the days; the caresses, and most of all his smile. She tries not to remember the bad days, the fights, the scars. only good thoughts.....she reminds herself. So she daydreams of walks in the forest, horseback rides in the mountains behind the cabin. It is hard to keep track of time now. Only the passing of the days gives her a sense of normality; of the world that she has so clearly left behind. From time to time she hears others.....but there is no desire to interact with anyone. Cory had extinguished her interest in friends. That was just his way, keep insulated. But in the end it had proved to be just too much....the solitary existence with only the two of them posing as the sun and moon of their own universe. And then the pleasure.....that is always where her mind wanders as the sun disappears. She allows herself the daily indulgence. She will slowly run her hands through her now short hair, then trace the veins on the side of her neck.....just as his fingers always had. So gently across her collarbone; then the journey to her breasts, light fingers dancing across the now hyper-sensitive skin. down across her belly.....now becoming flat and tight. And finally she will give herself an orgasm- but it is a pale comparison to the stars and the wind and the moon Cory could always invoke. And as she drifts off to her fractured sleep she will whisper his name softly....Cory, i am so sorry.....and as usual she will wake screaming.....remembering the moment she had walked in.....seeing him and her sister together....but her self-preservation instincts have wiped the reason she is here away forever. And the orderly with the medication will start the mantra all over again.....only good thoughts......and no blood.

© 2008 Robert Bean


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh wow, that is a really great story. I must say, you should collaborate more. Maybe make it into a novel. Didn't even expect the twist, great great write, Robert, ---mishy, xxxooo

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2008

Author

Robert Bean
Robert Bean

Las Vegas, NV



About
Have been writing since grade school- am a songwriter; poet and working on a novel. Will complete this later. more..

Writing
Revelation Revelation

A Story by Robert Bean


You You

A Poem by Robert Bean