FORBIDDEN

FORBIDDEN

A Story by Marie
"

A woman's curiosity is always her downfall...

"

     This strange husband of hers with the blue beard had forbidden Marta to enter this room, so naturally she had to enter it.  The first thing she saw was female heads lining the wall. Horrified, she turned to run--but her curiosity was overpowering, and she had to examine them. Each head, she noted, was set in its own niche with a name underneath. Then she saw an empty space…and the name Marta in bold letters under it. “Oh no!” she gasped.

 

     “Oh yes,” growled a voice behind her. Marta whirled to see her husband approaching…and the axe he carried.

© 2015 Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha. This is amazing. Too good. I cant find words to describe how much i liked it. Its human nature to covet what is forbidden, started right from Adam and Eve; but poor Marta she would never have thought that it would be the last time she'd have that feeling.
Absolutely brilliant.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Marie

9 Years Ago

Thank you. Actually it's a retelling of "Bluebeard." Women seem a lot more curous than men.
This made me smile. Strange, I always thought a story had to be longer to be good. Proved me wrong and gave a challenge!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Marie

9 Years Ago

Thanks. I am very much into flash fiction and micro fiction. On W/C longer stories don't get much at.. read more
I like the structure of the poem and the terrifying message that we really dont know persons and is good to choose our companions wisely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cozy and creepy at the same time, I loved this!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Marie

9 Years Ago

Thank you.
Sometimes its better to keep you're nose out of things.nice story.
Will

Posted 9 Years Ago


Marie

9 Years Ago

Eve, Pandora, they all do the same things.
I believe this is your shortest story yet, Marie. I couldn't add a single word if I tried. perfectly told.
amazing storytelling!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Marie

9 Years Ago

Thanks. As far as regular stories go, it is pretty short, though I do a drabble from time to time.
curiosity killed the cat marie,a interesting write

Posted 9 Years Ago


I saw below that this was based on 'Bluebeard', which I haven't really read, but when I was reading this what came to my mind was a different story which had been based on 'Bluebeard' which I can't remember the name of now but I think you did such a good job at basing it from that. I think that in a couple of paragraphs you pretty much sum up the whole story with the tension and everything. It was really good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Marie

9 Years Ago

Thanks. I think a lot of stories have been based on this old fairy tale.
Hey this is brilliant Marie - I love it!
The trophy wives having their trophy heads displayed like the African hunters kills. A real sparkler here Marie - witty and well told - class!

Posted 9 Years Ago


A collector, of sorts.
Maybe all any of the women ever did was enter a room Bluebeard didn't want them to enter.
Women! They gotta go messin' in the man cave!
Guess Marta is going to end up being just another "trophy wife."
Great bit of flash fiction, Marie.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Marie

9 Years Ago

Thanks. "Trophy Wife" would have been an excellent title for this.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

482 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 6, 2015
Last Updated on February 6, 2015
Tags: room, hads, Marta, ax

Author

Marie
Marie

San Antonio, TX



About
I have been writing for almost 60 years. Writers' Cafe is the best writing site I've found. If you send me read requests, expect me to be blunt. I don't like poor grammar, misspelled words or mistake.. more..

Writing
THE HANGING THE HANGING

A Story by Marie


TO G.H. TO G.H.

A Poem by Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sleepless Sleepless

A Poem by MsJewel