STALKER.

STALKER.

A Story by Marie
"

A story of revenge.

"

     Valerie hid behind a large artificial tree as she watched Sam and his latest girlfriend register. Still keeping out of sight she followed them to unit 21. She left then. They’d be in there for hours, probably all night. There was plenty of time. 

 

     She got in her car and drove home, keeping the number 21 firmly in her mind. That was all she needed to remember. What she had to do now was get her gun.

 

     Actually, Valerie hated guns. All the while she and Sam were together she hadn’t let him keep one in the house. After he left, she’d followed him for a while, seeing him take out different women. As long as he didn’t settle on one, there was a chance they’d get back together. Then this one with the golden brown hair and the huge bosom and the tiny waist had become part of his life. Valerie had put aside her prejudice and bought a gun.

 

     She never carried it, though. It would be used one time and one time only, and until then it could stay where it was. She could have confronted the couple right away, of course, but it was better to let them be relaxed, off guard…

 

     Valerie sat down at her computer and went on the Internet. The top headline read: “President amabO…” President who?  she wondered. Then she squinted and the letters reversed themselves. “President Obama talks with nituP..no, Putin…” So what else is new? she thought. Then decided she might as well lie down for a while.

 

     Valerie didn’t expect to sleep, but set the alarm anyway. 4:30, she decided. Covering one eye, she looked at the clock. It read 03:4. She reset it and lay down, drifting into a dream…

 

     It was Sam’s 33rd birthday. She’d made a cake and gotten the big candles, shaped like numerals, for it. Valerie liked the number “33”. It couldn’t  be reversed.

 

     She had given Sam the leather jacket he wanted so much, and a pale blue sweater vest that matched his eyes. She’d fixed the asparagus stuffed chicken that was his favorite dish. He’d liked the presents, and he’d liked the meal, and later they’d made love. It was as good as it ever was . At least Valerie thought so.

 

     But a week later he’d told her he wasn’t happy. And a week after that he’d packed up his things and left. She desperately wanted him back, but that wasn’t happening. However no one with gold-brown hair and big tits and a wasp waist was going to have him either…

 

     The alarm went off. Valerie silenced it, got dressed, opened her dresser drawer, and took out the gun. She didn’t have a permit to carry it, but that didn’t matter. After today, nothing would matter. She got in her car, drove to the Starlight Motel and found unit 21 at the end of the back row.

 

     Valerie knocked on the door but didn’t get a response. She began to yell. “I know you’re in there! Open the door or I’ll shoot my way through it. One way or another, you and that b***h are going to have to face me.”

 

     Finally the door was opened by a tall, burly man with a shock of white hair and an angry face. It definitely wasn’t Sam. “Just what the hell do you want, lady?” Valerie peered past him. There was no one else in the room.

 

     She backed up a step. “I’m--I’m afraid I’ve made a mistake…”

 

    “You certainly have! Now get out of here before I call the manager--and the police.” The man slammed the door in her face. She looked at the number 21 and watched it transpose into a “12”.

 

     “Damn it!” Valerie cried in frustration. “I hate being dyslexic.”

 

© 2015 Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this, please keep this up and never say never

Posted 6 Years Ago


A wonderful way of approaching a topic that makes most folks cringe, but you cleverly find a unique way of bringing a smile and laughter to their faces, instead ... Excellently maneuvered ... Perfectly written ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


This was really funny. I laughed out loud as well. An unexpected twist is always fun.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Clever and funny and despite the little clue amabO, nituP, the twist was really unexpected.

Much enjoyed. T



Posted 8 Years Ago


Marie

8 Years Ago

Thank you.
Marvellous. I laughed out loud. Thanks. JoeM.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Marie

8 Years Ago

I'm glad you thought it was funny; I wasn't sure.
Nice story. A storm of emotions can make you do anything.Truly her dylexic saved her from a crime. Nicely thought a frustration in begining which reader feels and the end makes smile with a burst. Well written.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Marie

8 Years Ago

Thank you.
It was pretty intense. The ending was a bit unexpected but at least being dyslexic saved her from being a criminal :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


LoL!! The ending was funny! I like it a lot!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Marie

8 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it. I didn't know if the ending would sem funny or not.
Valkyrie Warrior

8 Years Ago

Well to me it seemed funny!
Pretty good story, I thought it would end differently, but then this surprised me good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


this would be a hell of a note marie

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1222 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 1, 2015
Last Updated on August 1, 2015
Tags: Valerie, clock, gun, motel

Author

Marie
Marie

San Antonio, TX



About
I have been writing for almost 60 years. Writers' Cafe is the best writing site I've found. If you send me read requests, expect me to be blunt. I don't like poor grammar, misspelled words or mistake.. more..

Writing
THE HANGING THE HANGING

A Story by Marie


TO G.H. TO G.H.

A Poem by Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..