AUGUST BUTTERFLIES

AUGUST BUTTERFLIES

A Poem by Marie
"

End of season...

"



Jeweled wings are ragged now

The time is almost done

Fairy angels end their lives

Dancing in the sun.

© 2015 Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So sorry to hear that you have passed May it not be a dark night but a bright light Like yourself. May you be rocked in the arms of the Almighty to the beat of the lullaby winds.As all the souls of Heaven play a song so kind to the sound of the caroling winds. You have been a great friend to me.You have many great friends who have cried over you. May those tears fall from the heavens like notes from far flung rain to ring out the message you are loved.
Goodnight Marie.

Posted 8 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.

Seashell

8 Years Ago

I know as I sympathised with you then xx
Tate Morgan

8 Years Ago

Seeing a parent pass away is one of the hardest pains we can endure. may you be blessed with a quiet.. read more
Monster ^.^

8 Years Ago

This is the first time I've heard of this. I'm always thankful to Marie. We haven't really conversed.. read more



Reviews

You can't flutter about, and not touch lives....
RIP, ma'am! :)))
You were an exceptional poet! :))

Posted 8 Years Ago


I know now that this was Marie's last poem; understand these four brief lines so much more because of it. May her beautiful poetic spirit long continue, and I have no doubt she has already found peace and contentment on the next level.


Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Just clicked on Marie's page after a time away myself to learn she is no longer with us !

Very shocked & saddened but she lives on through her beautiful and inspirational poety and short stories and this one is a most fitting self penned eulogy to her creative and vibrant mind !

RIP Marie, God bless !

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is really incredibly sad to see knowing that this is your very last poem! May you find peace and love forever wherever you have gone, and I hope that you are happily reunited with any lost loved ones that you might have.

Posted 8 Years Ago


omg this is just so sad. beautiful poem though.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Farewell my dear friend and R.I.P...

Posted 8 Years Ago


May you find an everlasting peace, as lofty as the height of the butterfly!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Marie,

You must have had the sense, Dear Lady, that your were drawing near the end of the season, and would follow the delicate butterflies on their journey into the beyond. It is with deepest regret that we mark your passing. You leave a void that cannot be filled. Your unique presence and insight is lost to us. We mourn your passing. You cannot be forgotten.

Peace to you, My Friend. You have left an indelible mark on all our lives.

Your friend forever. Highest and last, lifetime marks! Kudos!

Rick

Posted 8 Years Ago


Truly a beautiful and haunting write from a fantastic and true voice.
Your words shall live on forever .


Posted 8 Years Ago


May God bless with peace. I will really miss you. You were my first friend. I honoured your friendship

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4798 Views
72 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 17, 2015
Last Updated on August 17, 2015
Tags: wings, jeweled, sun

Author

Marie
Marie

San Antonio, TX



About
I have been writing for almost 60 years. Writers' Cafe is the best writing site I've found. If you send me read requests, expect me to be blunt. I don't like poor grammar, misspelled words or mistake.. more..

Writing
THE HANGING THE HANGING

A Story by Marie


TO G.H. TO G.H.

A Poem by Marie


SUMMER SUMMER

A Poem by Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos