Crescent Bind (A Twilight Fanfiction)

Crescent Bind (A Twilight Fanfiction)

A Story by Claire Thomas
"

Bella has been haunted by dreams starring a green-eyed stranger. When reality and fantasy intermingles with fate due to an accident, they grant her a reward of meeting this beautiful man.

"

Prologue

 

To say the tension was palpable was an understatement. In the crowd of the room, I could taste the bitterness of it in my tongue that made me want to vomit. I could feel the strain in my own hands which were stiff, yet shaking. Every breath sent blazing flames, like those in the pits of hell, straight to my lungs.

How could I not know? How could I be foolish enough to look at love, not knowing it was disguised as the eyes of danger?

Endless ribbons of tears flowed from my eyes. All those years of pretending I was strong and capable were thrown to waste. No ounce of self-respect left, only disgust for myself for being so easily taken away by my own emotions, captivated by my own heartbeat.

Was there any place in this world anymore that offers salvation? Well, clearly, it was too late to find that sanctuary for I was seconds to being banished from this world forever not even having a single drop of it.

            A part of me regretted being taken away so young for I have not truly basked in the thrill of life. The dreams I had vanished in an instant. I wasn’t even given the chance to say goodbye and to express my gratitude to people I owe it to. I have taken for granted the time. I have taken for granted the company of the ones I loved in exchange for an angel, my brilliant masked angel.

Those memories with him were those I didn’t grieve. Not when I now know the pleasure of holding his hand. Not when I now know the pleasure of having his lips against mine. Not when I now know how it felt like to be his and for him to be mine. Not when I now know how to love with your whole heart and to live and die for the very same reason.

Death wasn’t a penalty. It was a gift, a beautiful gift now about to be bestowed upon me.

“Go on, Edward. We all know you want to. Prove to us how truly dedicated you are to this mission, like you said you are. After all, she’s nothing compared to the thousands of lives you’ve taken before? She’s insignificant. She’s nothing to the thousands of souls you’ve hunted.”

Michael’s voice was menacing, his underlying intention seethed in his words. He was challenging him, pushing him to make a choice between my life and his.

He circled me, before pulling my hair and exposing my bloodied and tear-stricken face in front of my lover. “Don’t worry, Isabella. This will be over before you know it.” His fiery breath burned my ears.

My eyes looked up at his greens, which were filled with nothing but pain and love. I didn’t want to see him like this again. I don’t need anyone to be at anyone’s mercy. I don’t want him to feel sorry or pity me because I was the one who made the decisions. I was the one who chose this life.

“Just do it, Edward. Just kill me. Just kill me, so we both won’t have to remember. Kill me so you would forget the way you say you feel about me. Do it, Edward.” I cried, breathless. “Do it so that it would be enough.” Do it because I want you to have a life. Do it because I love you.

 

© 2011 Claire Thomas


Author's Note

Claire Thomas
If you want to see the next chapters, please visit http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7391409/1/Crescent_Bind
and leave a review please. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on November 28, 2011
Last Updated on November 28, 2011
Tags: Twilight, Edward, Bella, Romance, Mystery, Fantasy, Fiction

Author

Claire Thomas
Claire Thomas

Los Angeles, CA



About
My name's Claire Thomas. I'm an 18year old International Relations student and an aspiring author. I've written several personal novels and I'm hoping I can get them published one day. One of my origi.. more..