3 am

3 am

A Story by Roch Ketchum

It's 3 a.m. The time in between. Where the night is just starting to weaken and the dawn hasn't still started to dominate. I open the window on my bedside, and a cool breeze makes it's way in the room, kissing every inch of the otherwise suffocating box and then leaves. What remains is the scent of night, the chill of the air and an unsettling feeling. I plug in my earphones and start listening to songs. Songs which touch my loneliness and tug at my heart, pulling it back to you, again. Is it just me, or you feel the same. Like a sailor sailing in a boat, in uncharted waters. Confused what to do, but knowing what my destination is. Maybe, it takes time to meet you, since the water is out of my control and the boat just seems to bob along, but I assure you, once we reach the shore, it will be easier to travel the next time.

You know it doesn't hurt to live alone as much as living away from you. Memories randomly passing by in front of my eyes and hope rising from deep within is just a part. Sometimes you come like a breath of fresh air in the morning and sometimes, the damp warmth of the summer rain. Sometimes you come like the dusk and sometimes you break as dawn. And just like the moon and the countless stars above, you seem too close, yet just too far.

So is it okay?
Being so much in love?
Missing so much as to forget my own surroundings and the happenings within.

I close the window and prepare to sleep. It's almost 5 in the morning and dawn has started to show a bit. 
Everything does come at it's destined time, doesn't it?

Maybe, it's time for me, to find you in my dreams.

Goodnight.
And good morning, my love

© 2019 Roch Ketchum


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mmmm isit worth ... our words for those we love... i often wonder is it just us who feel with so much intensity or does that world lack the sense of feeling heheh thats what came to my mind when i read your 3 am story....
Nicely done..keep writing...

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roch Ketchum

4 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reading it and for your valuable comments 😊



Reviews

Mmmm isit worth ... our words for those we love... i often wonder is it just us who feel with so much intensity or does that world lack the sense of feeling heheh thats what came to my mind when i read your 3 am story....
Nicely done..keep writing...

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Roch Ketchum

4 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for reading it and for your valuable comments 😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
1 Review
Added on September 3, 2019
Last Updated on September 3, 2019
Tags: love, life, fiction, musings, thoughts, short story

Author

Roch Ketchum
Roch Ketchum

Bengaluru, India



About
An aspiring writer more..

Writing
Perfect Perfect

A Poem by Roch Ketchum


Snow Snow

A Poem by Roch Ketchum