If I was a tree

If I was a tree

A Poem by Lina
"

imagining you're part of nature, and what part you will play. Fantasising being something you're not

"

If I was a tree, I would really like to wave and dance with all the other trees, but i’d probably be very frustrated because most trees are planted so far away from each other. But, if you really want to find a way then you will… So I would wait till my roots kept growing and growing until they touched the roots of another tree, that way I’ll be dancing with their roots as well as my own.

If I was a tree, my leaves would sway, and I would let them fall to make room for the new leaves that are coming along.

If I was a tree I would be the weeping willow, and I’d tell people that they gave me the wrong name, because I wouldn’t be weeping, but I’d simply regenerating myself… So I’d make people call me regenerating willow.

If I was a tree, I would try and communicate with people who are hiding underneath me or carving on my back… and I’d tell them that there’s nothing to hide from, and I’d ask them to dance with me (and stop carving on my back, because that hurts… ok I know you want to say that M <3 L forever, but seriously, can’t you write it on a note pad or something, my mom doesn’t like me having tattoos!) 

If I was a tree, I would bask in the sunlight, and I’d dance away with all my little bug friends… and ask them nicely not to make webs in me and eat their fellow insects.. because that’s just not cool… 

If I was a tree, I’d try and wiggle my way out of the soil and move around, because it gets lonely sometimes.. 

© 2011 Lina


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lol I liked the ending...It seems funny but this was a very imaginative poem here...I'm sure all of us have imagined we were nature at one point whether it's the clouds, water or trees...All in all it was different and I liked your own little two cents like with the tattoo, it was original and all in all a great poem...Keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love this. You wrote this poem as if you were actually a tree. It is cute but it is also a very beautiful poem. The ending seems lonely and a little sad which is different than the theme of the rest of the poem, lovely work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like this and the story around it. This is really good. Makes one ponder.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Lol I liked the ending...It seems funny but this was a very imaginative poem here...I'm sure all of us have imagined we were nature at one point whether it's the clouds, water or trees...All in all it was different and I liked your own little two cents like with the tattoo, it was original and all in all a great poem...Keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 31, 2011
Tags: Trees, poetry, fantasy, dreaming, comedic

Author

Lina
Lina

Amman, -, Jordan



Writing
An ode to loss An ode to loss

A Poem by Lina


Tolerance Tolerance

A Story by Lina