In its Embrace..

In its Embrace..

A Poem by Roopal
"

Not all mornings are memorable, but there are few which are glued in our memories.. forever.

"

It was a beautiful day,as I opened my eyes.
I could smell the fresh dew drops on the petals of the Lotus,
which my mother had grown in the pond outside.

The birds sang and the leaves rustled, as the wind blew coolly through my hair,
Before my eyes adjusted to the bright, the crimson red flashed inside.

The warmth of the morning sun blended with the blowing wind,
and my head tilted back, beyond my control, my arms spread and all my pores embraced the dawn.

The morning hugged me back,trying to get me ready.
To get me ready for the hurdles and harms,it patted me,whispering to move on.

The sun asked me to burn like fire,the wind tried to cool me down,
as the birds sang me a soothing ballad and asked me to lose the frown.

It was a day, a perfect day, a small day and a memorable dawn.
It was the day that made me brave and brought me to this place, in its embrace.

© 2013 Roopal


Author's Note

Roopal
Please leave suggestions. Thankyou.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear Roopal... to embrace the day with the sun and wind to be beside you wherever you may go... is a blessing bestowed. Beautiful words to share ... Thank you. Pat

Posted 4 Years Ago


such awesome poetry.. so beautiful in its simplicity, immensely vivid in its narrative power.. heart warming essence.. captivates and embraces the reader, melds their comprehension with each line that harbours such heart warming transition.. thanks for penning Roopal.. the poem is as lovely as your cute name :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


its amazingly pure ,fresh ,i really liked it

Posted 10 Years Ago


and suddenly i realized that i was now in india
I flagged down a bus and went on my way
the sun glared like it was angry at something
then i saw you right here in india
you see me and you smile
but then a man stood behind you
i the police found me dead in india

Posted 10 Years Ago


Lovely poem, beautifully written. Your imagery is great as is your rhyming.The sight, sound and touch aspects make the poem more appealing. Good write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Roopal

10 Years Ago

Thank you Onku, I think I observe a lot, though I can not express a lot as this is just a part of th.. read more
It is a beautiful poem. You create good vision and places with your good description. Being in a embrace and knowing happiness is a good place to be. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


Roopal

10 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote. I'm glad you liked it. Compliments keep me inspiring. Thanks again. :)
Hey, "Roop" ! how you doing ?
firstly i wanna say thanks for your all kind reviews that you'd given to me..i've seen that all and i appreciated that all.
anyway, hey, i liked this poem and i think i loved your concept of writing but "Roop", as i've read your authors's note, you need suggestion you mentioned there ...do you ?
so, here's my suggestion
if you write or wanna write poems/short poems than try not to make' it longer but try to write in smooth stanzas...e.g..in 2 stanza's, in 3 stanza's but try to write max. in 6-7 stanza's and min. in 2-3 stanza's and keep your length away when you write poems.
and to improve your grammar try to read books but try more to listen others in english..."arree yaarrr, english channel use to watch" e.g...H.B.O, A.X.N, Z-CAFE (NOT Z-STUDIO..LOL), AND STAR MOVIES" I'd prefer you to watch star movies channel because me too use to watch this one much...

chal yarr, itni buri bhi nahi hei yei poem..lol :)
it's great to read and really loved, just cut the length of line's ..ok...
take care...
chal yarr, give me a smile, don't take my words badly, it was a suggestion and i hope i didn't hurt you...:)
take care...bye:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Roopal

10 Years Ago

well the same you were doing..lol... reading, reviewing, writing. what else would an aspirant do? :P.. read more
Rahul

10 Years Ago

yeah....yeah...offcourse what a folly question it was...oololol hahahah :)
Rahul

10 Years Ago

offourse you're reviewing too as i'm doing..lol :)
Your tone here is spot on, and your attention to detail is very nice. I would like to see a little more here. This feels like a great beginning and end, but I feel like the meat is missing. What makes the day so perfect? is it just the weather? or is it something you can't quite put your finger on? Is there a moment that made the day perfect?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Roopal

10 Years Ago

now that you have said it looks incomplete to me too. i will try and do better. thank you so much :).. read more
That was a wonderfully written piece. We seem to have a very similar style of writing, I'll have to keep an eye out for your work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Travis Gibson (poetic heroics)

10 Years Ago

thank you... i'm glad you did. i can tell i will be a fan of your work, keep that pen hand moving!
Roopal

10 Years Ago

thank you so much . you are so inspiring . :)
Travis Gibson (poetic heroics)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I am at a lost for words.
A good read and write ...Thank you for sharing...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Roopal

10 Years Ago

thank you. :) :)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013
Tags: Morning, Inspiring, Day, Mother, Lotus

Author

Roopal
Roopal

Lucknow, Northern, India



Writing
The Return The Return

A Poem by Roopal


Unfolded path Unfolded path

A Poem by Roopal



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..