UNBLOCKED

UNBLOCKED

A Poem by poetry-kiddo alienbaba
"

I wish you could know me better

"

© 2013 poetry-kiddo alienbaba


Author's Note

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
Aint a nice feelin to be unceremoniously "blocked"

Shud I shut my trap and move on?

Or should I worry about them when I'm gone?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Who would block you, brother? What would they do that for?
If unintentionally I should do it I would worry, I would definitely weep.
If I pressed the wrong button and the world blew up,
I would take up biting my fingernails and what's more
I would seriously lose a lot of sleep
For you can't unblock an atomic war.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Richard Man

11 Years Ago

My internet went down, I quickly saved a message I was typing to you and clicked cut. And then when .. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Peace and Respect!
I am floored by your great review and though-sharing!
It's just that .. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Here I am again
boomed back into this existence
smiling at their juvenile resistance::).. read more



Reviews

I ask as Richard does... Who would block you? Oh, you're not angelic and you have ornery moments as well. But you are one of (if not the) nicest and most trustworthy people on here. Along with some great humor and a playfulness that comes out of you. I have always found you this way anyway.

I had never blocked anyone up until a month ago. The persons blocked were blocked for one of two reasons:

1. My newsfeed was filled with nothing but dramatic fights and people verbally assaulting each other on a constant basis. It was nothing but negative and the longer I was surrounded by it, the more it sucked not only the happiness out of me, but any positive thoughts from which I might be able to create from.
I had to cut it all loose for my own good. I was unable to function in that environment.

2. If I am invited to read a long and overdrawn piece and give my opinion and I do. A very nice long review that points out all of the good qualities and maybe a thing or two that could be helped. Then they delete it. That is fine. I just don't want to mistakenly go back another time and waste another 30 to 45 minutes of my life on nothing. The block keeps me from doing this in their case again.

I don't think I have blocked a single person I can say I dislike. Most, I don't know that well. But like Quinn down there... I block to protect myself. I am protecting myself from different things than he is, but protecting all the same.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

cyber trust is more valuable than real life trust
Rogue

10 Years Ago

It's more difficult surely. You can not see the eyes of the person you are typing to usually.
.. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

i am a vagabond on the run...
i am the epitome of fun...
shine me a smile now...dont be .. read more
Oh I love this.... wonderful piece... short and the point and I love the form and the graphics.... great job !!

Posted 10 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

thanks Deb,
it was written quite a while ago and doesnt seem to matter anymore:) but as u say .. read more
wow! somebody blocked you? but you're so sweet

Posted 10 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

it was a while ago Em...an dits ok now...
im sweet aint i:wow thx
We all have so much to learn from each other's daily smiles if only we learn to listen with our hearts instead of our judgment.

Posted 10 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

u r so right Marie thx for ur lovely advice
when you are getting nasty and derogatory comments aimed at you by people hell bent their own personal agendas, blocking is your only protection. i have no problem whatsoever blocking mischief makers and haters, or those who would trash my stats just for meanness.....and when they have multiple avatars and identities it is necessary.....not that stats mean much, but i earned them and my reputation has been badly damaged by liars and trolls and bullies...so i block them , mostly just to prevent them commenting on my writes and to generally avoid seeing them at all.....out of sight, out of mind......

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

thx you for speaking your mind.
u show the other side of blocking someone in a new light quin.. read more
I haven't been blocked thus far, but I assume that's a part of the process. I haven't been here long enough, so I hardly understand some of the bickering that goes on here, neither do I care to, had no idea this kind of thing went on where poet's are sharing their innermost feelings, feels like facebook some days.

Posted 10 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

here it is a love hate love relationship...always good to have a hot shower after the blizzard in th.. read more
rhythm&blues

10 Years Ago

I log on here to get away from those 'hateful' feelings, but if it's a shower you say, okay. :)
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

yes a fragrant one
Nicely said. Some people aren't harmless though. People should be given a chance.

Posted 10 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

i say lets do that
It saddens me that people are so upset that WC has turned into a propaganda fest :( I understand the 'Blocking" spoof, and it hurts even more. Honestly, I have been hurt on here once from getting blocked, but he was kind enough to look into my profile and unblocked me.

Honestly, we should all be here to admire other people's writing.

It is not a dating site.
It is not a Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts.
It is not a pissing contest.

When I was a teen, this site was not as uptight with censorship that it is now. It is censorship that is causing this panic.

New Age and positivity is loving and welcoming. However, drinking the Kool Aid can get you hurt. It is about honesty, and respect for others.

u r beauty, poetry-kiddo alienbaba!

love,
ria
victoria
ayra

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vria P Crow

10 Years Ago

haha That is the fault of your pals. It is immature to block someone. This is not facebook :P I b.. read more
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

10 Years Ago

oh she seems a woamn to me
Vria P Crow

10 Years Ago

haha She is.
This is great incentive.
The sting-broken honeybee must be an adorable beauty.
Those who intend to block you will definitely regret later.
Nicely penned.


Posted 11 Years Ago


poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Haha...i wrote it to smile back at them in an ynderstanding manner.
Thank you Zainul. I think .. read more
zainul

11 Years Ago

I guess so.
Otherwise, they will definitely regret later.
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

*>^
Be yourself and accept not all do want to hear the truths of the universe that you so generously offer. I do like block me but not the thought of me. You say the truth is more important than the messenger. Do not despair for they do not understand.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

poetry-kiddo alienbaba

11 Years Ago

Bless your kind heart my lady!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1261 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 22, 2013
Last Updated on January 22, 2013
Tags: unblocked blocked

Author

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

Shambala, North



About
whatsapp +91-9970061060 a faster way to reachout... This one is Alienbaba Rockstarmono Poetry-kiddo This one belongs to you and you are free to belong to anyone you please. This one resides in the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Journey Journey

A Poem by MOON