Pain is a messenger

Pain is a messenger

A Poem by poetry-kiddo alienbaba
"

Are you in pain? Do you want to get rid of it? But wait.....hold on....read...decide...... do you need a doctor? or can you bear it?

"


Pain is a messenger....

She has something to say.....

Should one kill pain?

...without hearing what it has to say?

I'm glad my tooth-aches 

And laugh when my head-aches

Happy for my bones that ache,

Happier for my heart that breaks.......



Ah!....Pain......there she goes again...
..

© 2011 poetry-kiddo alienbaba


Author's Note

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
So put away that Aspirin,
let the relief ointment be,
watch cartoons tom and jerry,
laugh and be merry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think so many people in the modern world have forgotten the meaning of pain, pain is an important message, not one to be silenced with pain medication...I don't know how to solve the pain of a broken heart, that is the worst, can it even be compared to physical pain?

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree that pain has something to say, take the people who don't feel it. They could die without warning even more then the rest of us because of it. I liked this a lot keep putting what you do best on here please!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have always heard that laughter is the best medicine. Tom and Jerry would certainly be a good dose! Keep on penning.

Posted 12 Years Ago


lol i love tome and jerry awesome poem !:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I just finished re-reading Notes From Underground by Dostoevsky, your line "I'm glad when my tooth aches," reminded me of a passage in the book where the Man is talking about finding pleasure in a toothache. Basically my interpretation of Dostoevsky is that due to the cruelty of society human beings only moan about pain in order to spread their suffering to others. Misery loves company, so to speak. That people do this to garner sympathy from others.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh Pain, what would we do without you?
Physical pain sucks, emotional pain helps us to grow.Then there are those who are just a regular pain in the a*s...wnot much we can do about those!
Love this short but wonderful write!


Posted 12 Years Ago


very wise advice! it is good to be alive!

Posted 12 Years Ago


amazing... It was just awesome. short but f*****g sweet. Thanks man.

Posted 12 Years Ago


To get rid of the pain or not....gladly some we can, others no matter how hard we try we can't....pain makes us stronger is true...but sometimes pain makes us the weakest...Finding your own limit, i guess, is the best fighting chance. I liked this piece a lot....got me thinking. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A truly unique write that was beyond intriguing. It was mesmerizing.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

454 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2011
Last Updated on July 10, 2011
Tags: pain heal

Author

poetry-kiddo alienbaba
poetry-kiddo alienbaba

Shambala, North



About
whatsapp +91-9970061060 a faster way to reachout... This one is Alienbaba Rockstarmono Poetry-kiddo This one belongs to you and you are free to belong to anyone you please. This one resides in the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Robin