You Belong With Me

You Belong With Me

A Story by Rose Elizabeth
"

Based on You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. If you love Taylor Swift read this!

"

                “Look I’m sorry babe! I was just joking!” he screamed into the receiver as I sat waiting on his bed. How could she be so cruel, he was only joking for sure. I would never get mad over something so simple. I looked over at the calendar and figured today was only Tuesday which made my heart sink at the fact that we still had three days of school left to go. I smiled at him as he looked over at me shaking his head in exasperation. I smiled back and started to sing along with the country music playing on the radio. When he finally hung up he fell back on his bed and closed his eyes with a sigh. I laughed as I pictured his girlfriend all steamed and mad. She would never know this boy like I did. But I knew why he liked her in those short skirts she would wear, all I ever wore were t-shirts, while she was cheer captain I was only ever on the bleachers dreaming about the day he’d wake up and find that what he was looking for had been here the whole time… if he could only see the that I was the one who understood him, I’d been here all along so why couldn’t he see that he belonged with me. He belonged with me!

 

                It was eight when we decided that I needed to head home which was only down the road. It was fun walking around out here with him in his worn out jeans. I can’t help but this is how we ought to be.

                “Come on Taylor let’s sit down for a second,” he sighed as he pulled me over to a park bench, “I don’t want to leave you just yet.” I let out a laugh as I though how easy this was. I looked at him and that big smile on his face, the one that could light up the whole town. I hadn’t seen it in a while, not since she’d brought him down.

                “How’ve you been,” I got serious all the sudden, “I mean with her and all?” I was very curious after listening to them argue the whole night.

                “Oh fine,” he whispered looking out at the deserted street.

                “Are you sure?” I whispered, it was so hard to see him suffer like this, “I know you better than that, what are you doing with a girl like that.”

                “Oh come I said I’m fine,” he laughed as he swung his arm around my shoulder. I sighed and looked down at the sidewalk. What did he see in her! She wears high heels, I wear sneakers, she’s cheer captain, and I’m on the bleachers dreaming about the day he wakes up and finds what he’s been looking for has been here the whole time. If you could see that I’m the one who understands you, been here all along so why can’t he see he belongs with me.

                “Oh wait!” I screamed as I realized I’d left my homework at his place, “I totally forgot my work on your bed.”

                “Ha, don’t worry, let’s go back and get it,” he smiled and we scrambled to get up. I laughed as he turned it into a race of who could get to his place fastest. We got to his house and he stopped on the side yard.

                “Come on let’s go through the back so my parents won’t hear.

                “Ok,” I sighed as I followed him to the back. When we got to the backdoor he turned around and told me to wait. Standing by, waiting at your back door I thought all this time how could you not know baby… you belongs with me. You belong with me!

                I remember him driving to my house in the middle of the night. I was the one who made him laugh when he knew he was about to cry. I knew his favorite songs, and he told me about his dreams. I think I know where he belongs I think it’s with me. Can’t he see that I’m the one who understands him I’ve been here all along so why can’t he see he belongs with me.

                Standing by waiting at his back door I wonder all this time how could you not know baby, you belong with me. You belong with me! Have you ever thought just maybe you belong with me!

© 2009 Rose Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Amy
Nice! Its almost like a poem, but not quite.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Haha you might want to rephrase a few lines. Like, they dont have to 'scream' for everything.
But over-all I like this story. It was innocent and sweet. I like Taylor swift to an extent. =]
Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 5, 2009

Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth