chapter 2 best friends

chapter 2 best friends

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth

Chapter 2: Best Friend

I had just talked with a complete stranger for about two hours. I knew time could fly in that store but never had it gone that fast. I wondered why on earth someone like him would just start talking to someone like me. How could e just ask me about something like that? Why please oh way did he just start talking to me?

I started thinking about how it had affected him when I brought up his relationship with his father. You’d think that because I’d had the courtesy to drop he would to. And what was with that cocky grin? I mean he was clearly full of himself. Like some stupid male cheer leader or something. Wow what a lame metaphor… I really wish I were better at word play. He just seemed so relaxed in his words. All that laughing, I mean what was he laughing about even? There was nothing funny about the two of us talking.

Stopped at a red light I stared at the car in front of me and thought of what my father would say if I had told him what I had just done. No doubt he would explode. After what happened with my mother he was way over protective. At least I had convinced him to let me drive myself places. I really loved my car: a red corolla 2005 with black fabric interior, excellent gas mileage. My dad used to drive it before he got promoted to chief of staff. Now he drove around in a lovely little silver truck.

We had a nice house that was two stories high inside is a small foyer. To the right and left are wide simple archways. To the right is the small living room and on the left was my dad’s study. The living room is light and airy with the windows shining light from the two outer walls. I looked into the study but dad wasn’t there. I noticed his computer was off which meant he was still working. Pages were all over the desk and there were books falling out of the shelves. He was so busy he didn’t even have time to clean the room, or was he just too lazy.

I had just laid my purse on a table in the living room when my phone went off. I pulled out my LG dare and looked at the picture. Great my best friend Lauren.

“What?” I sighed as I hit the answer button.

“Do you want to hang out?”

“It’s ten thirty Laury I’m exhausted!”

“Come on I just want some company!”

“Then go hang out with your dog!” I giggled.

“Come on Lil, don’t let me down!”

“Would you stop yelling,” I whispered menacingly.

“Sorry,” she giggled silently.

“Geez you sounded like Ron,” I laughed.

“See you would like to hang out wouldn’t you?”

“Fine my place or yours?”

“I don’t care whatever you want.”

“My place. So dad won’t have a panic attack when he comes home.”

“Good I’ll be over in a minute.”

“Alrighty then,” I laughed once more before she hung up.

“Nice,” I laughed. Then I froze, would I tell my best friend about what happened at the bookstore. What would she think if I told her? Would she tell me to call the cops? That would be what she would do. I grabbed my purse and ran up the stairs. My room was overcrowded really. I had a desk and a bed, two bookshelves, chest of drawers and a bedside table. There were books and CDs and movies almost everywhere and then the tops of my bookshelves were crowded with doodads and other odds and ends. I passed out on my bed and curled under the quilt that was on top. The next thing I remember is my phone ringing.

“Hello,” I said groggily.

“Lils get your butt down here and let me in!”

“Sure thing your highness,” I sighed as I pulled myself up and ran to the door.

“Finally, I’ve been knocking for the last ten minutes,” she said angrily as she went by me and dropped her bag on the living room floor.

“Come in,” I said quietly.

“Thanks,” she rolled her eyes.

“Welcome,” I laughed.

“So what’s up with you?” she sighed as she plopped on the couch and turned on the TV.

“Not much what about you?” I sighed sitting beside her.

“Uh uh, what’s wrong?”

“What do you mean what’s wrong I just told you nothing was up,” I laughed.

“I can tell, there’s something on your mind,” she smiled, “Now dish!” really that was the most annoying thing about her, she knew when something was up, bad or good, and she demanded to know.

“Laurie, I… it was nothing! Just tell me why you had to come and talk to me all the sudden!” I laughed.

“You first,” she said smugly.

“Fine!” I sighed, “I had this really long conversation with a perfect stranger.”

“What?” she said looking really confused.

“I was sitting in the bookstore café and this guy just sits across from me and we start talking.”

“Ok,” she said thinking then she turned excited, “Dish, tell me everything.” So that’s what I did.

“Wow,” she muttered, “intense. So you didn’t even know his name?”

“Nope,” I laughed.

“Wow… do you like him?” she whispered.

“No!” I shouted smacking her with a pillow.

“Hey I was just asking, and if you asked me it seems like you have a crush,” she giggled.

“No I do not, I hardly know the guy!”

“Yeah but just the way you talk about the guy, I can tell you like him,” she laughed.

“Shut up Laurie!” I shouted and then I heard the key in the lock of the front door.

“Hey Lily,” my dad called from the front door, “What’s Laura doing here?”

“I don’t know,” I said suddenly looking at her curiously, “Why are you here?”

“I was board,” she giggled giving my dad a sheepish smile.

“Very well carry on,” he sighed patting us both on the head, “I am exhausted so I’m going to go to bed. Goodnight girls,” he cried as he climbed the stairs.

“Night dad!” I shouted.

“I’m so glad your dad is so used to me being here he doesn’t get upset you didn’t ask,” she smiled.

“Oh come on, you’re here like all the time!” I shouted.

“True.”

“Why are you here?”

“I just didn’t want to be at home,” she sighed. I could tell there was something more but no matter how I pestered her, if she wasn’t ready to tell she wouldn’t open her mouth.

“Well, if that’s all, I need to go to bed, I’ve got work at nine in the morning,” I sighed standing up and making for my room upstairs. She followed quietly and we pulled out the spare mattress. We fell asleep in silence before too long.



© 2010 Rose Elizabeth


Author's Note

Rose Elizabeth
please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Amy
Good job! keep it coming!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 7, 2010


Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth