Escape

Escape

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth
"

Read it!!

"

It was simple to wait until the town was sleeping to sneak up to the building. He carefully picked the lock as he often did, visiting the wrongly accused. He pushed the door open and slowly walked in. There was Bernard, the drunken town sheriff, leaned back on a chair with his feet on the table, snoozing away as a jug of ale rested carefully on his knee.

“Foul git,” Aidan spit at him.

“You got that right,” came a small voice from the corner.

“Oh I wasn’t expecting you to be awake,” he stuttered.

“Of course you wouldn’t cause you’re just another ignorant human,” she huffed and turned her back to him.

“Oh come now, at least I am here to rescue you!” he hissed.

“Some rescue,” she huffed just as Bernard began to stir.

“Be quiet and I’ll get you out of here,” he sighed.

“You think I want to be rescued by the likes of you! I’ve got this all under control,” she hissed back at him like some snake in its wrath.

“Oh sure, being locked up in that cage is obviously according to plan,” he laughed at her petit form.

“Actually it is…” she sighed.

“What?”

“You’ll see,” she turned and smiled at him. “Bernard…” she whispered slowly.

“What are you doing?” he almost shouted in outrage.

“Yes that’s it, keep yelling, it will help,” she smiled. “Bernaaarrrd…” she whispered soothingly. The man twitched and the jug fell to the ground. Aidan was so stunned he couldn’t even more. What the hell was that little wench up to.

“Oy! What you think you’re doin’ in ‘ere! The lord says you ain’t supposed to be in ‘ere!” he screamed drunkenly at Aidan. Aidan didn’t dare move else he’d have the wrath of the whole town on him.

“Come ‘er boy you’ll go into the cell with this little temptress,” he laughed, “do doubt das why you was in ‘ere.” He slowly dragged Aidan and unlocked the door.

“I demand release! I am the late king’s son! The rightful king! I demand release!” Aidan shouted as he kicked and bit at his captor. Bernard simply put him in a head lock and did his best to open the door one handed. The elf maiden stood calmly just where the door would open. The drunken Bernard had no idea what was about to happen but Aidan knew. He was about to take her place and she was about to be free. She stood smiling at him as Bernard finally pulled the door open and sly as a fox she made her way carefully past us as Bernard pulled me through. He wasn’t expecting me to hold on. He finally dragged me in and that’s when the elf girl slammed the door shut, locked it and threw the key across the room.

“Next time you would be wise to think before you lock up an elf!” she smirked as she headed calmly towards the door.

“But I never locked you up! I tried to free you!” Aidan shouted at her.

“Try being the key word there,” she laughed placing her hand on the door. Aidan looked at the drunkard already asleep on the floor.

“Please…” he begged, “don’t leave me with him… with any of them… Please?” he whimpered with his head resting on the bars.

“You… really don’t like these people do you… you want to learn?” she said curiously.

“Yes!” he shouted giving her a desperate look.

“I will free you and take you with me. So long as you promise to serve me until I release you. Is that understood?” she smiled sweetly.

“Yes ma’am,” he gave her a great smile the likes his face hadn’t known since he was a young lad.

“Very well then,” she found the key much quicker than expected and walked over to the door.

“If you go back on your word the consequences will be dire,” she said warningly as she placed the key in the lock.

“I know,” he sighed, “It’s a risk I’m willing to take.”

“Ok kid,” she sighed opening the door, “let’s go.” She grabbed his hand and pulled him fast out the door. Soon they had left the village running and now he was treading carefully behind her as she gracefully made her way through the trees of the surrounding forest.



© 2010 Rose Elizabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Amy
love it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2010
Last Updated on December 20, 2010


Author

Rose Elizabeth
Rose Elizabeth

AL



About
I'm a chocoholic who loves to laze around. Thankfully I'm not fat yet! I suck at grammer and spelling so please don't insult me for it! I love music and movies and I totaly think school is a dra.. more..

Writing
trial trial

A Story by Rose Elizabeth


Capture Capture

A Chapter by Rose Elizabeth