Twisted Every Way--A Phantom of the Opera Fanfic

Twisted Every Way--A Phantom of the Opera Fanfic

A Story by Rose of Gondor
"

'Twisted every way what answer can I give? Am I to risk my life to win the chance to live?'--Christine Daae, The Phantom of the Opera. My take on Twisted Every Way

"

Disclaimer: I do not own The Phantom of the Opera in anyway. It belongs to Andrew Lloyd Webber, Susan Kay and of course, Gaston Leroux. I do not own any bit of Christine Daae or Raoul de Chagny besides my interpretation of them, and I do not own the Paris Opera House or the chapel. I repeat, I own NOTHING! (P. S. I don't own the pic either :)! It belongs to Emmy Rossum (because it's her picture!) and of course, the owner(s) of the 2004 movie and Warner Bros. Pictures.

 

 

 

I walked into the chapel dimly lighted only with a few nearly put out candles.  “In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came, that voice which calls to me, and speaks my name…” I whispered.

 

“Christine?”  Raoul walked in. "Please, Raoul!" I begged him, throwing myself on my knees, sitting desperately down on the carpeted floor, "Don't make me. Do not force me through this ordeal by fire.  He will take me. I swear; he will not let me go! Oh, god, if he finds me it will never end. And he will always be there singing songs in my head… The angel of death will always be singing songs in my head…"

 

"You said yourself he is nothing but a man, yet while he lives, he will haunt us till we are dead," Raoul took my hands in his. Two lines of tears rolled off my cheeks, and I let them fall freely onto Raoul's hands. “I can’t! We’ll be parted forever and I shall never see you again! Once he has me, he’ll kill you!  It’ll never work!” I closed my eyes for a moment, letting my words sink fully in. 

“What I used to dream, I now dread! He begs me, Raoul, begs me to love him…and yet I can’t!” 

 

Raoul looked at me, staring gently into my eyes, his green eyes meeting my brown ones.  “Please, Christine,” he pleaded quietly, reaching out to touch my cheek, “It’s the only way.” I wanted to cry, I wanted to shout, but I could do none of that. “It’ll be all right,” he added, solemnly taking my hands in his. My heart ached in desire to believe him, and yet, I know it isn’t true, as much as I want it to be. “Twisted every way, what answer can I give? Am I to risk my life to win the chance to live? Can I betray the man who once inspired my voice? Do I become his prey? Do I have any choice?  He kills without a thought, he murders all that's good...” I sniffled, looking up out the window, searching, searching, for maybe even the slightest trace of comforting sight, but everything out there reminded me of him, “I know I can’t refuse, and yet I wish I could! Oh, god, if I agree, what horrors wait for me in this, the phantom’s opera?” 

 

 "Christine, Christine, don't think that I don't care, but every hope, and every prayer rests on you now..." Raoul whispered back. Every hope and every prayer? God bless me, and let our prayers be answered.

© 2011 Rose of Gondor


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


An excellent short story. I enjoyed this suspenseful piece. Makes a person want the story to continue. Nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2011
Last Updated on August 12, 2011
Tags: The Phantom of the Opera, Fanfiction, OG, Twisted Every Way

Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing