Love Confessions - Part 1

Love Confessions - Part 1

A Story by RoshniS

Once again, she felt weak in her knees at his sight. She didn't remember the exact day she fell in love with him, but her attraction had only grown with every passing day. She had been planning to confess her love to him for many days now. "Tonight it is!", she murmured to herself.

"I want to go to the lake. Will you accompany me?", she asked. He was taken aback at the sudden proposal. Was this supposed to be a date? Maybe yes. Maybe not.

He stared back at the kohl in her eyes. Meera Pandit. A beautiful and bubbly girl that he had met almost a year ago on his first day at work. He examined her face closely, watching her like a hawk. Today, a year later since they first met, Meera seemed to have grown to be even more beautiful. Mesmerizing. Or perhaps, was it just the moonlight playing tricks.

Her voice interrupted his chain of thoughts. "I really need some company right now, Adi" she said, with a please-say-yes look on her face. Adi was the shorter version of Aditya. Aditya Kashyap. A man of few words, Aditya was tall, well-built and a definite fit into the category of handsome men.

He didn't want to go out on such a night but sometimes we often tend to do things against our will. Things that cannot be reasoned. Like an inner voice urging us to take that step.

At the lake, it was pitch dark. The water was calm as usual. The air smelt of fresh water lillies. Cars whizzed past on the road nearby. Perfect place for the occasion. They positioned themselves on the steps that led to the lake. His hand accidentally touched hers and she felt a tickle in her stomach.

Three hours flew by. Ten past two the watch said. He chatted animatedly about his life. Words coming out of his mouth like magic. Meera watched his lips as they moved to form words. He caught her staring at him and smiled. A sudden rush of blood reddened her cheeks. She felt its warmth. This was the moment she had been waiting for. Just as she closed her eyes and opened her mouth to say the three words, that were dying to come out of her, she heard a bell ring. Adi's phone screen flashed "Urvashi calling...".

The bell jolted her back to reality. She tried to speak but couldn't summon a voice. Her heart sank. The moment had passed.

"C'mon, Meera. Time to leave" he said, brushing his pants as he walked away.

© 2015 RoshniS


Author's Note

RoshniS
This is my first short story. Feedback is welcome :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on September 14, 2015
Tags: love, lake, confessions, beautiful, handsome

Author

RoshniS
RoshniS

India



About
Beginner to the world of writing. more..

Writing