Carry's Tears

Carry's Tears

A Story by roza

Carry’s Tears

 

            If this was the truth, then the truth was wrong because there is no way my so called  best friend would leave me like that. Well I cant really tell if I was even her friend or if she was just taking advantage of me. You see I’m not exactly what  people call popular. I don’t have any friends except for  Jennie, who  I thought  was my friend. Me and Jennie were pretty close. I told her everything, and the second I told her it was like everyone knew. I once asked her about it, she just said they over heard us talking which was weird cause I told her on the phone. Although I never told her that because Jennie didn’t like to be wrong. She usually got her way and if I would disagree and say something she would just get upset and leave. Then I would have to apologize again although I never really understood what I did wrong.

 

            On the day of Jennies birthday I was getting ready to go to her party when all of a sudden I felt this sharp pain in my stomach and before I had the chance to realize it I was puking  chunks all over the place. Then I called Jennie and told her I couldn’t come. She got really angry at me and didn’t even ask if I was going to be alright. She called me a bad friend and hung up. I tried calling again but she didn’t answer so I tried coming over there. Just before I reached her house it started poring rain . So I quickly ran over there and knocked on the door she opened the door. I tried explaining what happened t but she just slammed the door in my face. The next thing I know I was on the floor. I tried getting up but my feet wouldn’t cooperate. After about an hour Jennie opened the door and started yelling. She told me to leave her alone and to never come back again. I tried to speak but I  was to dizzy. The rain was freezing cold but for some reason I was burning up. I think I stayed conscious for about an hour.

 

            I woke up in a familiar place. I went here every week or so to visit my grandmother. We were really close. Well that was before she had a heart attack and ever since I remember she was always in the hospital. But now it wasn’t her lying in the hospital it was me. It was about five minutes until the nurse came in.“ I’m glad you’re  up how do you feel, Carry?” the nurse said in a soft voice. I wasn’t sure if I was capable to  talk. But the tone in her voice made me feel bad for not answering. So I tried. “ Well my head hurts but I think I’m doing better” I said in a weak voice. I wasn’t sure if I was actually better but  I knew that I couldn’t have been worse. I felt awful. My head hurt a lot and the room seemed to be moving. I had a sharp pain in my stomach and my arm felt like it was going to fall off. But worst of all It felt like it was 100 degrees in here. So I just ate some soup and went back to sleep.

 

            When I woke up I saw my mom sitting on a stool beside me. When she saw my eyes open she almost fell out of the stool. She looked tired. I didn’t look for my dad. My dad worked every day and so did my mom. We were a poor family and barely getting by. It wasn’t likely like my dad would get a day off. “I was so worried about you.  Are you OK? How are you feeling ? Do you want me to get the nurse? You took a pretty big fall.”

Said my mom in a worried tone. How long was I asleep? And what did she mean by “you took a pretty big fall” I don’t remember falling. Actually to tell you the truth I don’t even remember how I got here. My mom looked at me with a concerned  look in her eyes. She always got worked up about nothing. I loved her too much. She always wanted the best for me. Something wasn’t right. I don’t remember falling because I didn’t. Whatever my mom thinks of how I got here I am sure isn’t true. But I wasn’t planning on  telling her that. She is always worrying about me as it is. There’s no way I could tell her that her wonderful daughter who  she loved so much didn’t have any friends and was often bullied.” I am fine mom. I feel alright ”I lied .

 

             “What happened? ” I asked curiously wondering what she knew. “ You don’t remember ?” she asked worried. “Umm I do but I just want you to clear some things up for me” I lied again. “Oh well you were on you way to Jennies party when it started to rain, it got pretty slippery. While you were walking up the stairs you took a pretty nasty fall and landed on your head. That’s probably when you went unconscious. After about an hour Jennie looked out the window and saw you there. She quickly called for help. What a sweet girl she is. She was so worried and felt awful about the whole thing she thinks its her fault.” I cant believe it. That lying little back stabber. She used me, then left me sick outside in the rain and then made up lies about it. Somehow this didn’t surprise me. I guess I sort of knew what a bad friend she was but I never really admitted it. I  don’t have much friends so I didn’t want to lose Jennie. There was no denying I fell cause my head was bandaged and hurt but I did not fall while gong up the stairs. And I don’t know how else I could have fell. Unless I was pushed.

           

            I had to stay in the hospital for a little longer. My mom had to go back to work so I was all alone again. I was used to it. The hospitals walls were so boring. They were   a creamy white. And so was the ceiling. Beside me was the stool my mom sat on. And on the other side I saw an empty food tray which was to bad because I was really hungry. I wish I could have more than just plain soup. But I’m not sure if my stomach can handle it. I am starting to get sick of this place. Its so plain and no ever visits. Its not like I’m expecting anyone but I  guess it would be nice to know someone either than my mom and dad cares but that’s not going to happen because no one else cares. “How are you feeling? Do you need anything?” said the same nurse from before.  “Well I’m a little hungry” I said, I was surprised how strong my voice was. This is when I realized that I was actually feeling better. “That’s good it means your getting your appetite back I think you can go home now if you would like?” said the nurse “Really I can go home ?” I said desperately “Of course we cant keep you hear forever”  and with that I was on my way home.

 

            When I got home I realized how happy I was and how much I was feeling better. This made me wonder exactly how long I was at the hospital. I wonder if I missed any days of school I feel as though I’ve been living in a hole and just came out. I might as well have been in one, no one would care let a lone notice. The next day I had to go to school.

 

            My school is  nothing special. Just the usual teachers, classes, students and bullies. My school is called Britkane Middle School. In front of the school you can still see the graffiti on the walls. My school was old and didn’t look to well. The washrooms always smelt really bad. Most of the teachers were nice. But the textbooks were tattered and hard to read. When I got to school every one was staring at me. This was unusual. Usually people would talk about me behind my back and they didn’t even notice I was there. (it was like I was invisible.) But now everyone was backing away from me like I smelt like dirty gym socks.

 

            This was unbelievable I don’t know what Jennie said happened to me but I know it wasn’t good. Everyone was staring and whispering something but I couldn’t make it out, so I just went to class. When I walked in all eyes were on me.(no surprise there) When I sat at my usual seat everyone near me shifted their desks away. When the teacher came in she saw the odd formation of the desks. “Is there a problem?” Mrs. Wesjan asked. The class was silent. “ Carry has Tuberculosis “ said a very familiar voice. It was Jennie I should have known. Now everything made sense. Jennie said that I had Tuberculosis, a disease that is spread through spit ( coughing, or sneezing)“Excuse me ?” said Mrs. Wesjan “Carry does not have Tuberculosis where did you kids get that silly idea?” “Jennie told us she had it and that’s why she wasn’t at school” said a kid from the back of the room. “ Jennie will you please spread the word around school that Carry DOESN’T have Tuberculosis” ordered Mrs. Wesjan “But Mrs.” “That wasn’t a question.”

 

            My birthday was coming up and my parents wanted to know what I wanted. All I really wanted was to be loved and have friends but I couldn’t ask for that. The next best thing was a dog but my family was poor and couldn’t afford one. But I asked for one anyway. I never asked how my family was doing financially. But my parents work everyday and they were bound to have some money saved away.

 

            On the morning of my birthday I woke up with a cheer. I was exited although I don’t know why. When I got to the kitchen table expecting both my parents to be at work I was in for a surprise because there they were BOTH OF THEM! This was more than I could have ever asked for. But the happiness did not end there, beside them was a black ball of fluff. COULD IT BE ? COULD MY DREAMS HAVE FINALLY COME TRUE? OK so I didn’t have any friends but I had a dog. He/she (I didn’t know yet) would love me no mater what and that was all that matters. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” my parents yelled at  me. And the dog ran up to me. “Can I keep him?” “Of course you can why do you think we bought him” said my dad. “We have been saving up money so we will not  have to work as much any more.” my mom said in a cheerful tone. I’ve never seen my mom and dad so happy. I cant believe I have to ruin this happy moment by going to school but when I would come home Lucky would be waiting for me. “I think ill call him Lucky” I told my parents. So I went to get ready for school.

 

            I think the rumors at school finally died down because when I got there no one was staring at me. It was just like before. When I entered homeroom Mrs. Wesjan was introducing a new girl, her name was Melanie. Melanie sat beside me. “Hi” she said in a very friendly tone. So I waved and smiled at her. Before I knew it class was over. “Can I eat lunch with you?” asked Melanie. Someone wanted to eat lunch with me. “Sure” I responded a little to quickly. And that was when I got my first real friend.

 

            Melanie came over a lot and I went to her house a lot too. We are great friends. She loves Lucky too. My parents were home a lot more and no one picked on me or Melanie anymore. I had everything I always wanted. My parents were home more, I had a dog , and best of all I had a friend.  I am going over to Melanie’s house.

Melanie’s house looked a lot like Jennie’s and as I entered I suddenly remembered what really happened that day I went to Jennies party.

 

          

© 2010 roza


Author's Note

roza
Please leave your opinion and suggestions. This is my first story. Let me know what you think .

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is great for your first story. I loved the plot. This story has a lot of potential. Go back and read it over. Make so more changes, add some more to it, more detail, like what she is seeing, hearing, feeling. You can go more into depth with her emotions. You can even touch more on Jennie more. Like name more things she did, and more about her personality.

All in all, I really enjoyed reading this. And I loved how it ended. Everyone needs a true friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great story, the plot is amazingly wel thought out.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Abosoutely Amazing!!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yay, happy ending! Lovely ending :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved the plot, great story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is great for your first story. I loved the plot. This story has a lot of potential. Go back and read it over. Make so more changes, add some more to it, more detail, like what she is seeing, hearing, feeling. You can go more into depth with her emotions. You can even touch more on Jennie more. Like name more things she did, and more about her personality.

All in all, I really enjoyed reading this. And I loved how it ended. Everyone needs a true friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

372 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 21, 2010
Last Updated on October 21, 2010

Author

roza
roza

toronto, ontario, Canada



Writing
Harsh Reality Harsh Reality

A Poem by roza