Encapsuled

Encapsuled

A Poem by Rick Puetter
"

...A Universe within...

"










Photo:  Michael Apel, 1 May 2006.  License: Creative Commons Attribution 2.5, Generic.  This image has been modified.  The original can be seen at  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8c/Dew_2.jpg.

 


 

 

Encapsuled

 

     “…Reflection on Nature…”

 

Oh, see morn’s crystal dew drop

Gaze into God’s own eye

The dazzle of the cosmos

The rein of dark denied

 

Sun's rays forever captured

In prism cage of light

Internally reflecting

Dispersing dark of night

 

Such wonder in bright spectrum

The colors dance--delight

Oh, marvel at such magics

The heart swells at the sight

 

So simple, yet confounding

All wonders there reside

This miniature--this capsule!

With Universe inside

 

 

©2015 Richard Puetter

All rights reserved

© 2020 Rick Puetter


Author's Note

Rick Puetter
Yes. I know. "Encapsulated" is the proper word. But "Encapsuled" seems more appropriate somehow.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Super congratulations on placing in the contest for the Video as Art short film!
I look forward to working on the script interpretation for this!
Peace.
Instagram user name "reese_customsandart"
I sent you my youtube info as well. Peace and keep up the great writing. :-)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Delightful visions you pen here. Beautifully descriptive and a complete joy to read Rick. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Helena

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What I really admire about this piece is the absolute joy and wonderment you have for the world. Instead of dismissing this droplet of water as insignificant, you show how it contains a representation of the grand picture. You establish that idea in the first stanza with lines such as "Look into God’s own eye/The dazzle of the cosmos."

The way you write about the droplet becoming a prism in the third stanza was also a nice touch. That image is really a nice touch, especially with the tone of wonderment in that stanza.

Your final line is a perfect climax for this poem. That line really brings the importance of the droplet into perspective. While it may be tiny, the droplet contains a perfect representation of the universe. Really well done with this poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh yes ..it is the simplest of nature's treasures which contain the universal wonders and beauty..if one will take the time to truly behold the magic therein..beautifully penned..

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A beautiful poem--world in miniature gazing back at the cosmos...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1614 Views
14 Reviews
Added on February 16, 2015
Last Updated on July 26, 2020
Tags: Wonder, marvel, Universe, microcosm. dew drop, light

Author

Rick Puetter
Rick Puetter

San Diego, CA



About
So what's the most important thing to say about myself? I guess the overarching aspect of my personality is that I am a scientist, an astrophysicist to be precise. Not that I am touting science.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..